[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HELP!! Should I get in touch with my ex girlfriend? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: shuttershock.jpg (129 KB, 570x380) Image search: [Google]
shuttershock.jpg
129 KB, 570x380
HELP!!

Should I get in touch with my ex girlfriend?

It's been a few years since we broke up I think.

I haven't even thought about her in months maybe even more than a year, but this week I had a dream of her where we started to talk again and it was awesome. The rest of this week I haven't been able to stop think about her.

I miss being with her , she was the only person I've really cared about in that way.
I was not a good person to her when we were together and that is the reason why the relationship hit the rocks.

So now I'm wondering if I should try to get back in touch with her. I don't know how she would react. She might still want nothing to do with me or have a boyfriend which would end up hurting me, or maybe make me finally move on.

Then there is the fact that I'm not even sure if I really want to establish a friendship with her or whether I just want things to go back to the way they were for purely selfish reasons.

Sorry this has turned into a rant, but I had to get it out of my head.

What do you guys think, should I just go for it and see what happens?

What should I say? I was thinking if I did contact her that I should probably just keep it simple and not try to immediately flesh out all of the old wounds.

Tell me your thoughts.
>>
>Should I get in touch with my ex girlfriend?

96% of the time, no. But very occasionally people can get back in touch and either be friends, or just catch up with a bit of chat and then civilly part ways and that's that.

Whether or not you should depends on a lot of things, mostly what kind of relationship you had, why you want to talk to her, how she would feel about that, and whether there's any point.

The fact that you're so obsessed with it (and no offence but you obviously are), plus the fact that you don't even know what to say, suggest that you shouldn't.
>>
Don't do it, that's like an addict shooting up to celebrate 5 years clean, you'll just want more even if she doesn't, especially if she has a boyfriend.

I had an on again off again thing with a trans man and it was fun while it lasted and I accept that. Nothing lasts forever and nobody ever changes. Even if she jumps on you as soon as you meet up after the new/used car smell wears off you'll be back to having the same old problems as before. If things ended well let them stay that way. If they ended badly you'll only set yourself up for heartbreak hoping for a second chance that not only will you not get but as stated above if you DO get it you both will just fuck it up like you did last time.

tl;dr
Ex dreams are really painful I know but they need to stay dreams. You'll have forgotten all about it within a month.
>>
>>5470867

This x 100
>>
>>5470630
Do it anon. Tell her how you feel. Tell her you're sorry. Be honest.

I'm actually sitting in an airport right now. In a few hours I'll be reunited with an ex GF who I haven't seen and barely talked to in year and a half.

I don't know what's going to come out of this three day visit, and I don't have any inentions. She was and is important to me and I am excoted to see her again.

Before it became dude bro cliche, this phase held a lot of value, you only live once (I said this to some "spiritual" hippy mountain lady once who got snappy with me about imposing my beliefs, heh).

>Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

-Mark Twain
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.