[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could someone explain to me the point of transitioning if you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 11
File: such-woman.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
such-woman.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
Could someone explain to me the point of transitioning if you're not going to pass?

>hurr relieve dysphoria
>you can be your real self

What good is it when as soon as you leave the house you will attract 10x as much attention, be treated not as a woman but as a freak, and be constantly reminded of your difference and just how far removed you are from being the gender you want to be?

Tbqhf if you don't pass I could image my dysphoria being just as bad as before... who the fuck would want to be this? Passing is all that matters.
>>
>>5435122

i dont think its ALL that matters, but i think its all that people focus on.

frankly there are faggots who stay male but dress in all sorts of gay and womanly clothing that regular guys dont wear.

so for me its kind of a 'do what you want'.

but if guys want to be girls so they can live as girls, i agree with you. if you cant pass, maybe just be a boy. you are still who you are on the inside.

inside i feel like im some 6'6" puerto rican macho stud.

in real life im 114 pound skinny short twink with the body of a fuccboi btm.

but it doesnt stop me from acting like the first.
>>
>>5435122

Not transitioning if I can't pass. I like being treated as an attractive male more than I like being treated as a freak.
>>
>>5435149
Pretty much this. I'm on hormones and I'm doing everything I can to pass while I still present male. I will probably stay 'male' until I can get FFS as that will be my only hope at passing.

Until then I guess I just look like a femboy with gyno.
>>
>>5435149
This, I've been seeing how close to passing I can get with just makeup before transitioning. If I'm not halfway there I shouldn't do it. Unfortunately I don't have anyone trusted to judge the pictures. I personally think I'm halfway there but I'm obviously biased.
>>
>>5435182
Same. I'm about 15 months on hrt and don't plan on socially transitioning until I get to about 100% boymode fail. Luckily, I've just started getting gendered female at work and coffee shops.
>>
>>5435427
Wow 15 months. Does your family and friends know? Do you have significant boobs that you have to hide them? Do you get comments about how you look different?
>>
>>5435477
My parents and brothers whom I live with know, aswell as my gf. I'm still not out to my best friends yet, but I'm sure they know whats up and will be accepting. Everyone else doesn't need to know. I do have decent sized boobs but I hide them pretty easily with shirts and hoodies. I get commented all the time.
>>
im taking hrt because of skin and mild mental effects. i am probably not going to be seen outside wearing a sundress anytime soon. i think sometimes people think ugly is not passing, which is not true, i saw a cis woman that looked like ops pic in the mall today. i will probably always present as male.
>>
>>5435182
>>5435427
same :/ FFS next year. Honestly I would be more open to experimenting in public if we weren't in post-jenner world
>>
>>5435122
What about those that manage to pass somewhat but remain more androgynous?
>>
>>5435122
Because they're too scared to kill themselves, and want to try to solve their problems.
>>
>>5435122
Hormones make you feel better. Also being a feminine guy is probably better than growing old normally. Also you might be able to pass eventually and might be being too hard on yourself
>>
>>5435427
>socially transitioning until I get to about 100% boymode fail
this is realistically the only path I see viable for me. if I never get to the point where people always think I'm a girl - and I probably won't - then I just will never come out, and I guess i'm ok with that
>>
>>5435427
>100% boymode fail
Never happens
>>
File: DrivesInternally.jpg (12 KB, 188x196) Image search: [Google]
DrivesInternally.jpg
12 KB, 188x196
>>5435149
This tbqh.
Broad bone structure and age means this is as good as it gets for me family.
>>
Bunch of stuck up cunts in here
>>
>>5436489
Early transition girls are usually incredibly unrealistic about social expectations and fueled almost entirely by dysphoria. I pity the ones who can't move past.
>>
>>5436500
this tbqh
>>
>>5435761
you're not stepping a foot in the public eye until you get FFS and a dashing wardrobe.

hate to break it to you, but you are jenner.
>>
>>5436678
>tfw you realize this is what happens when people who would have been older transitioners a decade ago try their hand at transitioning young

A bit of fucking courage for god's sake.
>>
>>5435122
If I didn't pass, my dysphoria would be even worse than before, because at least as a guy I drew no attention... so I didn't have external input making it worse...

But for some people, "being your real self" is the entire reason. They want to express themselves in a certain way, and usually these are older types who are extremely secure in themselves and come across like obnoxious drag queens, in my experience.

My dysphoria isn't based on being able to act a certain way, unlike those people... I act however I like regardless of what I look like, and I always have. What I hated about being a guy was based entirely within myself - it wasn't about how others see me, it wasn't about allowing myself the freedom to behave a certain way (I think transitioning is inappropriate for those desires), but it was just about helping me to become comfortable with my appearance and voice. It's an entirely personal experience that I would do in a vacuum.
>>
>>5435427
Try two years! I'm a pretty young transitioner and pass semi consistently on boy mode, but still. I'll do whatecer it takes mot to be one of those tumblr freaks.
>>
>>5436802
>I won't be a tumblrfreak
>So instead I'll act like a trender and not really transition.
>>
File: figure-6-1303868767-1200x753.jpg (88 KB, 1200x753) Image search: [Google]
figure-6-1303868767-1200x753.jpg
88 KB, 1200x753
>>5436489
>>5436505
>>5436500

Yea, sorry for being concerned with the reason we want to transition in the first place. Appearance and voice are factors that fuck with your daily lives. It dictates what jobs you can get, how far you can be promoted, what restrooms you can use without making everyone uncomfortable and how to connect with someone past a pity fuck or a fetishist.

If you didn't want to pass, then you're a retarded fuck for transitioning. Quite frankly, you can keep your pity, no one needs it from under achieving conformist losers.
>>
>>5436816
>If you didn't want to pass, then you're a retarded fuck for transitioning.
Kindly fuck off. The truth is that nobody passes perfectly 100% of the time even if they're cis.And stop fucking blaming Jenner for this. Older transitioners have always been a thing and they've pretty much always been the public face for media since they love a sensationalist story.

- Practice voice
- Learn makeup esp. contouring
- Learn what looks good on you
- Learn to ask people for their opinions rather than relying on your dysphoria for truths about your appearance
And there's a difference between being pretty and passing.
>>
>>5436816
>muh passing is everything
>everyone is out to discriminate against you
>employers care how their work monkeys look
I feel sorry for you, must be hard to even leave the house with such a paranoid worldview
>>
>>5436833
Is is true that your physical appearance matters to employers, and that virtually all people pass judgement on you based on how you look

Passing means a lot.
>>
>>5436806
I'm not a trender or even trans publicly if I don't present publicly. I have been on HRT for 2 years like I said, but I've never gone in girl mode in public. I don't feel confident that I will pass 100% consistently., and having objectivity is important so you don't want to become a deluded hon.

I'm concerned with appearance because I don't want all my social interactions to be motivated by pity and filled with disgust.

>>5436831
>>5436833
No, I know what it's like outside of the safe zone. Just because your 3 SJW friends use you like a prop, it doesnt mean that the rest of the world thinks of you the same way.

>employers care how their work monkeys look
Sorry for not clarifying, some of us want a career, not an minimum wage job.

>Kindly fuck of
How about you put that into practice. You guys were the one on your high horse about being lazy deluded monsters.

Also stop projectiong, no one talked about Caitlyn despite being the horrible person that she is.
>>
>>5436846
yeah no
>>5436853
>minimum wage
so amerifat of you
>>
>>5435427
>>5436802
These two knows whats up, fuck those people who go girlmode after 3 fucking months of hormones.
>>
>>5436865
Eh? I'm surprised you would deny those things. Whatever works for you, I suppose.

>>5436868
fuck you too anonymous-kun <3
>>
>>5436882
Why can't you just wait?
>>
>>5436865
lol yea, ok.
>>
>>5436896
I was a qt and I decided waiting would be boring.

I started relatively early.
>>
File: figure-5-1303868763-1200x746.jpg (96 KB, 1200x746) Image search: [Google]
figure-5-1303868763-1200x746.jpg
96 KB, 1200x746
>>5436902
qt... yea ok. every faggot on this board who got looked at once by someone is a ' qt' .
>>
>>5435122

Some non passable hons are still hot

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
>>
>>5436912
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

But I totally understand. I'm just trying to be contrary by bringing up the fact that there are outliers, but I agree that most people who fulltime early are cringeworthy.
>>
>>5436902
qt male =/= qt female
>>
>>5436917
see >>5436916
>>
>>5436912
Projecting is not very nice, anon.
>>
>>5436940
Yea, I never mentioned my looks, because it has nothing to do with an anonymous discussion. If you're really interested in knowing how I feel about myself, then I'd like you to know I think of myself as fairly attractive. I'm sorry to disappoint tho, I'm taken.
>>
>>5435864
That's the placebo effect for ya. It's all psychological. Your body can't tell the difference between estrogen and testosterone.
>>
>>5437360
>wut
>>
Because I'd much rather be an ugly girl than an average guy.
>>
>>5437400

But that means you pass anon.
>>
>>5435782
Being andro's not that bad. No one gives a fuck what I do and everyone leaves me alone.
>>
File: 5644cf3917eb.jpg (45 KB, 500x609) Image search: [Google]
5644cf3917eb.jpg
45 KB, 500x609
>>5435122
Transes want to "girl" achievements. Be pretty. Be fragile. Be wanted and desired. Lowing social expectations and be a princess to someone's castle.

Transes - cowards. I know cause I wanted myself to be a girl some time ago cause of reality being TOO demand and harsh when you are a boy. People want you to be something strict and strong. When you want to cuddle and watch cartoons, play some fluffy toys and don't want to go all wild and active in relations.
Girls have easier lives within society. They almost always can get out with any shit they pulling, men can't.

But that was long time ago. I like myself as a guy now. I don't like me as a human (no furry involved), but that is different story.
>>
>>5437530
god damn my Engurish suck.
>>
>>5437530
>>5437534
Your shitty anecdote sucks to. You can't make blanket statements like that just because you used to be a stupid fetishist.

If you had read the thread you'd know that some of us are interested in passing in order to be self sufficient and having a successful career. I also want to adopt kids in the future, but I would never do that if I presented a source for humiliation.
>>
File: 1450348490520.jpg (65 KB, 541x651) Image search: [Google]
1450348490520.jpg
65 KB, 541x651
>>5437530
Not gonna lie, I got into a fender bender like 2 months ago and the guy I hit let me off without filing an accident report or calling the cops because I was scared and shaken up by it. He also asked me if I was married. Never would've happened in boy mode.
>>
File: 1400555589327.png (674 KB, 1100x702) Image search: [Google]
1400555589327.png
674 KB, 1100x702
>>5439221
he saw a tranny

he let go
>>
>>5436868
Jealous because everyone starts young nowadays and can actually pass after 3 months on HRT while you take it for years and still don't pass, hon?
>>
>>5439229
i dont get it
>>
>>5435122
Just transition and go twink mode if you can't pass. Better than dragqueen disgusting mode
>>
>>5437360
HRT literally affects your brain structure though
>>
>>5436831
Get out of here with your reddit shit "no one passes perfectly". You are such a fucking delusional moron. Thank god I am able to say that without getting banned

"rule 2!"
>>
>>5436833
Stfu you dumb fucking cunt. You got lucky and have a petite face. FUCK OFF of these topics and go stuff your fake pussy so it doesns't collapse
>>
>>5439234
>everyone starts young and passes
>takes a look at r/ transpassing
>all the 19-22 year old hons

kek ya right m8
>>
>>5436678
>am jenner
Actually I am a 22 year old mtf from the Midwest who has a career that she must protect and have an expectation for my quality of life that is much greater than most of the prostitutes, neets, and drug addicts on this board.

If that makes me "a jenner" than I am happy to be that, its clearly a good way to live life.

The thing is, unlike Jenner who is 65 and has a huge man face, I will be 23 and look like a normal girl while the rest of yall are stuff calling everyone Jenners while you live out your shit pleb lives.

Cheers
>>
>>5436692
Wtf the does courage have to do with avoiding being a tranny freak? Enjoy your tranny freakhood, not for me!

Post more on 4chan pass threads with retarded angles to hide your gross manbrows and flat chins
>>
>>5436868
>>5439234

>tfw I think I would pass now that I'm 4 months in if not for my wide chin, large jaw, and beard shadow
>tfw I honestly thought my brow ridge was going to be what fucked me up
>tfw it actually seems pretty small now
>>
>>5439394

Nevermind, I checked myself under good light. I'm just delusional.
>>
>>5436696
woah yeah this
>>
>>5439360
bless u anon
>>
>>5437530
how did you fix yourself anon?
>>
File: 1450974727470.gif (921 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1450974727470.gif
921 KB, 500x282
>>5435122
The entire point of transition for me was to be physically female. It's not so I'm "allowed" to act a certain way or so people will treat me "like a girl." I didn't want anything else out of it that wasn't a side effect of that physical congruence (eg comfort, dating).

If I couldn't get to my goal, I'd settle for the next best thing... being a normal attractive guy. My goal wasn't to be some weird inbetween person who stands out in a bad way. It wouldn't somehow enable me to do anything new. I was already "myself" and dysphoria came from not having the right body, which I wouldn't have anyway if I couldn't pass. So why the fuck would I transition and settle for that? It wouldn't solve anything.

My plan was always to go back to being male if I failed transition, but I got really lucky in a lot of ways. It would suck to not be able to get something I really wanted and see other people having good transitions, but I like to think I'd understand how and why it wouldn't work for me at that point.

tl;dr I don't get it either, OP. But it's not really my place to care or tell people what to do since I thankfully am not in that position.
>>
File: 1436003796001.png (19 KB, 724x552) Image search: [Google]
1436003796001.png
19 KB, 724x552
>>5436831

>nobody passes perfectly 100% of the time even if they're cis

Holy fuck, this is the kind of garbage I'd expect to read on Susan's or Reddit, but not here. Are we being invaded by delusional hons all of a sudden?
>>
>>5439360
>career she must protect

t. You would have been an older transitioner were it not for more courageous people making it possible for you to do this shit at 22.
>>
>>5439657
Nigga I started hrt at 19. Who the fuck cares, for real? What is your point?

You don't know what I "would have been". You are probably some bitter hon anyway
>>
>>5439620
>My plan was always to go back to being male if I failed transition
i'm trying to plan for this eventuality. did you learn anything that might help?
>>
>>5439268
And...?
Hormones are just natural chemicals that regulates body functions.
>>
>>5439896
P. much I was just not a dramatic dipshit about it. Like I didn't just come out to everyone around me because I had decided to start. I came out to close friends, saying I'm going to see a therapist, look into it, then I had those friends for support as I explored and figured things out.

I came out to my parents with a long letter explaining as much as I could, being sure to tell them I may stop after a month, I may go as far as possible (which I did). I made sure to tell them that it's not something to go around telling people because of that uncertainty. Transition is not like coming out as gay, it's not black and white, people just figure out what's good for them as they go.

I only went fulltime after 18 months, and most people didn't know until after I switched and kind of had to tell them. Even fewer knew before I had gone through ~8 months of HRT, got more and more sure as I went on.

Telling people is a big deal if you plan is to go back to people male, because you're likely to second guess yourself based on what other people might think. Like "One day he says he's going to become a woman, the next day he's a gay man again" and they roll their eyes. For me, it would have been so embarrassing because most people around me were really supportive. So it would have made it more difficult to stop if that's what I wanted. I still would have, but still it would be hard telling people I'm not longer transitioning.
>>
>>5435130
>>mfw when 6'6" nerdy nordic stud and want to be a 6'6" nerdy nordic stud

Life is good.
>>
>>5435122
You'd have to be one ugly motherfucker to not be able to pass after the whole transition shitshow.

I really pity you, OP. That's not a gender issue that's just you being ugly as fuck.
>>
Decided id rather be an unpassable mess than stay a boy. Could always still kill myself if it was worse than expected. Luckily, things worked out okish.

Met a 260lbs lumberjack once who told me she felt like a princess. Ok then.
>>
File: 1448895155020.jpg (165 KB, 1096x622) Image search: [Google]
1448895155020.jpg
165 KB, 1096x622
>>5435122
Friendly reminder that even if you don't pass, you're still beautiful!
>>
>>5448659
Meh this is hardly the worst hon I've ever seen, far worse out there than this person who could probably pass with more effort or FFS.
>>
>>5447161
>mfw its actually that I am a handsome attractive male and this is why I don't pass.
>>
>>5447161
how do I tell how ugly I am without posting my picture on the internet? I know I'm at best average, but am I 4/10 or 1/10 is the question
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.