[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trans Help General #17
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 16
File: Trans Help General.png (208 KB, 694x907) Image search: [Google]
Trans Help General.png
208 KB, 694x907
This is the Trans Help General thread. We'll try to help you here with everything related to being transgender.
This includes questioning, appearance, daily trans problems, medical info, general info and other interesting stuff to name a few.

MTF, FTM and questioning people are all welcome here to help eachother and discuss possible solutions.

You can also share your transgender related stories here. Just came out? Or you just need to get something off your chest?
Maybe something wonderful happened today! We'll be glad to hear it, it's always good to know we're not going through this alone.

Links:
Articles, Studies and General information about Questioning, Transitioning and other stuff: http://pastebin.com/CyW1dXV8
Lots of useful links about/for transgender people: http://pastebin.com/h1vLPxyV
Transgender FAQ: http://pastebin.com/8QbKyShU
Am i trans/ trans help threads archive: http://pastebin.com/CPzj0xv9
>>
I'll be adding more links to the info masterlist later on. I'm also writing a guide on clothing and mannerisms so you should see that soon(ish).
>>
>>3008626
Non-passing MTFs, how do you buy clothes (especially underwear)? It's freaky as hell shopping in public stores, and though I haven't been approached yet I've gotten enough death glares simply browsing to fill a lifetime.
>>
>>3008634
Honestly, buy it online. Shopping for panties in a real shop is super scary. Hipsters or women's boxers will do just fine.
>>
>>3008642
The problem with online is that I live with people who I'd much rather not notice me buying women's clothing. Don't suppose you can recommend anywhere that'll ship in a package with no indication of the contents?
>>
>>3008650
I dunno where you live, but on my packages only my name and the shop it came from is listed.
>>
>>3008632
Could you maybe post the link to the new threads in the old ones please?
>>
>>3008650
Amazon
>>
>>3008656
>>2961549

and for when it dies: http://www.docdroid.net/eva2/trans-help-16.pdf.html

>>3008650
or let it be sent to the post office
>>
>>3008655
Canada, so a lot of the time things coming from america will have the contents listed in a customs sticker (I've had an unpleasant enough experience with trying to explain why I bought '2x foundation'). Plus, tbh, I don't know a lot of clothing shops in general, and finding one whose name even isn't a dead giveaway..
>>
>>3008664
No I meant like what I made with >>3008658 so people in the old thread will come to the new one. Having Annicole make that post adds credibility since she makes all the threads.

Unless it's protocol to have both going at once until the old one falls off?
>>
>>3008669
Why don't you shop cheap like online Walmart or another department store equivalent of better quality and have it delivered? Most stores that sell clothes sell underwear.
>>
>>3008674
I usually make a new one when it's on page 8 or later. but yeah i forgot to link to the new one.
>>
https://unsee.cc/gupisedo/

i know i've got sunken eyes, a big nose, thin upper lip and prominent chin on a long face but it shouldn't be entirely unworkable once i've got some hair and get onto presentation stuff like eyebrows and that, right? maybe a nosejob at some point for sure
>>
>>3008744
I honestly can't guess what age you are. Getting rid of that death/murder stare you got is one thing. But yeah you'll probably need surgery in the future.
>>
jesus christ. why are ALL trans people so fucking ugly
>>
>>3008772
because those are the only ones that post online
>>
>>3008772

because the good looking ones are just out there living their lives whereas the ugly ones like me come and post pictures on 4chan to get people to say bad things to fuel our self-loathing
>>
So I finally told my therapist about my disphoria. We talked about the requirements or whatever for HRT. Something about making sure the person receiving the hormones is in their proper mindset, and the person needing to identify as the opposite gender for a bit. What was explained was somewhat unclear to me because I am dumb. What are the requirements for HRT and how long do you have to wait to get on it usually? I'm from the US.
>>
Does anybody know of any scientific studies, or even general knowledge, about breast growth in MtF people? It seems like a real crapshoot and I'm wondering if there any steps, medical or health-wise or dietary, which can promote breast growth while on HRT.
>>
So something has been bothering me a lot. I dont know if Im genuinely trans (writing it seems ridiculous for me) or if Im depressed and see transitioning to a girl as an "out".

Let me explain: Im shy, quiet, id say insecure/unconfident and a general wallflower. But then I imagine that if I were a girl, Id have things easier - I think girls are more confident, talkaltive, sociable, i.e. the complete antithesis to me.

Especially, going by transition timelines (they make me feel really jealous - how a normal guy can change into a stunningly attractive girl and how all the ones posted seemed really happy with their outcomes). I wish I could have that.

But then I dont know if I genuinely am trans or just wish I was attractive/pretty/desireable.
Desireable sums it up, I think. Im not and perhaps changing into a girl will make me desireable.

I wish there were better resources for people who were questioning
>>
>>3009081
I'm in a pretty similar position, I don't know for sure and I've spent a long time thinking about it and trying to analyze myself and the only conclusion I've come to is that I really need to go speak to a competent therapist. Everything else, the fantasies, the crossdressing, trying to present as female in online communities, it doesn't tell me anything for sure, just that I like some element of it, but I don't know what that element is.

Couple of nights ago I was lying in bed and tried saying "I'm a girl" out loud and it felt really good. But that could be an indicator of ... nothing. Nothing at all.

Fuck I wish they could just do some kind of test and know for sure.
>>
>>3009081
>perhaps changing into a girl will make me desireable
Sounds like the wrong motivation for wanting to transition (and I'm pretty sure that's a red flag for "no").

For me being Trans isn't something that can be logically justified, I felt like I was a girl and that I wanted to be a girl. I tried shutting out the feelings and hoping they'd go away, but they didn't and as weird as they were that's just who I wanted to be.
>>
File: image.jpg (444 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
444 KB, 1280x960
I can never get my hair to look good, it's always so frizzy and shit. What do? I use conditioner and shampoo.
>>
>>3009254
Oh and I have a high hairline
>>
>>3009254
try to not use conditioner? i find mine is always fluufy and unmanageable if i use too much conditioner, also its worse if i let it air dry.
>>
>>3008772
i don't think i am, I get called cute and sexy quite a lot. the only reason im here it to help other trans ppl, even though im not an expert, i can at least try
>>
>>3009010
i'm not usually too sure about US, but to me it sounds like you may have to go through the RLE (real-life experience) which means that you will have to live as your preferred gender for a determined amount of time before you are eligible.

>>3009055
the way i've noticed is that it's just down to genetics and luck, I've known trans people with DD's that were natural, where as some are stuck with AA's There are a few tips and things that may hep to promote breast growth, but be wary there is a hell of a lot of misinformation around.

>>3009081
It doesn't sound like you are trans, transitioning is not a fix-all for your problems, just for the dysphoria that you feel. You will still have problems after you transition sometimes the same ones, and it's not guaranteed you will be attractive/desirable. Not without surgery at least.

If you are very confused, i would seek therapy, though judging from what you wrote, I do not think you are trans, it's a long and hard journey, that not everybody finishes, a lot of people commit suicide or detransition,

>>3009129
Seeking professional help may be the best option, it's not always clear cut about what makes someone trans, but if its not the right decision and you are not sure, then it could be a massive mistake that you end up regretting a lot.
>>
FTM hormone question here. I've been on T for 8 years, always a weekly injection, but I'm starting to really not like the extreme highs and lows. Does anyone have any experience with low-dose daily testosterone or anything similar? Is there a good way to keep my levels in the "normal" range at all times?
>>
How likely is it that I'm just fooling myself into thinking I'm transgendered?
>>
>>3009321
Do they do testeosterone in transdermal patches?
>>
>>3009321
have you tried asking the ftm general? I don't have much exprience, but im pretty sure the test injection should still be running through your body for a week, i'm not too sure why you would get highs and lows.

>>3009332
I don't think it's very likely, but then there are a lot of confused people around these days, why dont you tell us how you feel about transitioning. Also it may be benefcial to talk to a therapist or something about this.
>>
>>3009338
yeah they do, like androderm
>>
>>3009332
What would you want to get out of transitioning?
>>
>>3009346
>>3009356

I have a therapist but gender stuff isn't her specialty so I might have to find someone else, and I can't do that w/o going through my parents' insurance.

I really don't know about transitioning. I've been looking at people's transition timelines and feeling a very deep jealousy. For a long time I've wished I was more feminine but I sort of kept it suppressed. (which I used an illogical transphobia to support. When I started meeting actual transpeople I was forced to reconsider that, which sort of opened the floodgates). I'm afraid that it's some disgustingly odd form of vanity, too.
>>
>>3009364
okay. how do you feel as a male? How would you feel if say you somehow lost your genitalia?

I think either way you will have to find a new one, we can only point you in a direction.
>>
>>3009372
I dunno how I feel as a male. I don't exactly identify as male? but I really don't even know what it means to indentify as a gender to begin with.

Losing my genitals would be weird, I guess. I don't exactly hate being an outie, but I sort of don't like the body that comes with it. Or maybe I don't care. I really don't know.
>>
>>3009254
use shampoo only once or twice a week, look for one without sulfates as it dries your hair. Also don't go full retard with your towel after going out of the shower. Just put the towel around your head and wait a few mins.
>>
>>3009364
>I've been looking at people's transition timelines and feeling a very deep jealousy

This describes how I feel
Id rather not be an ugly girl and I dont "feel" Im in the wrong body but I do wish I was a pretty girl.

Does that make sense?
>>
>>3009402
everyone wants to be a pretty girl anon, it's life on extreme easy mode. If you don't feel a sense of your body being wrong, you're probably not trans. I advise you to go to a therapist to sort things out though, you might have something else.
>>
>>3009408
Thanks,

Id just like to add that it somehow pains me to see guys changing into pretty girls (I wish that were me) which is why I feel so jealous towards transition timelines like the other anon above. Its like a blade in my chest. Ive also had these feelings on and off for 3 years.

Arent there any online resources or anything?
>>
So I'm trying to do the voice training thing and it just sounds like me but with a higher pitch voice. You can tell the voice is still male though. Anyone got any advice?
>>
>>3009402
Personally, I'd rather be an ugly girl than an extremely attractive male. I don't wanna say you're not trans, however, because you very well could be.
>>
>>3009555
I would agree with you, I want to be a pretty girl but I'd settle for average girl over attractive male. I'm told I'm anywhere between a 6 and a 9 now, but goddamn if I wouldn't trade it in to be a 6 or 5 cis girl. I'd hate to be ugly though, so I can see where the guy you're responding to is coming from.
>>
>>3009545
jus keep practising and playing around with it, you'll get it eventually.
>>
>>3009606
not >>3009545 but what I don't get is when people say "pull the larynx up and back" anytime I try to play with those muscles I just end up swallowing or something
>>
>>3009625
well...how i did it was just mess around with random voices until i got it

pro-tip, try in an accent different from your own, but still similar ish. I just used to slip into falsetto and try not to make it so shrilly and then find the right resonance for a female.
>>
>>3009586
Post a pic of yourself? I'll do it if you do.
>>
>>3009586
Different anon here. I am hormonally transitioning so i guess i am trans though it seems like i have some weird opinions. I really don't thing i could deal with being an unattractive ugly girl. I know what it feels like to be hot and it feels amazing, even in guy mode. I reallyreally don't want to lose the feeling of being at least somewhat attractive which makes me sad because its probably unattainable cause i was born male. Even if i technically pass i dont think i could go fulltime looking like a manish woman.
>>
>>3009545
>>3009625
So I made you guys a vocaroo. It's 4 AM, so I can't be very loud, my mic has weird interference and my throat is sore from yelling at CS:GO for the last uh... 5 hours, but I tried. I wouldn't have bothered but I've done a couple similar vocaroos in the past few weeks for people outside /lgbt/ and they said it helped, so hey, I might as well. Worst case I wasted 3 minutes of a few peoples' time. Soz :3

http://vocaroo.com/i/s05FqBISBy1X

Play around and practice. Lots of practice. That said, don't practice too much at once! If your throat starts getting sore, have some water and stop. It'll probably get pretty sore, pretty quick at first too. Gonna say the word practice again. Practice. Yes, you might swallow or whatever at first, but they're just muscles! The more you play with trying to manipulate that part of your throat, the easier it becomes to do so in specific ways. Muscle memory and so forth. As I said, it sucks that the instructions are vague but it's basically a matter of "flex some muscles in your neck" which is, let's be honest, kind of hard to describe.

I forgot to mention it in the vocaroo, but if you have a mic, use it! Install Audacity and start recording yourself and playing it back. I find it really hard to tell if my own voice is of either gender, as weird as that sounds, and if you're the same way, maybe hop on Skype or something with a friend and try some stuff. Maybe just record a vocaroo and chuck it at them. Also, try not to use a headset mic, for so many reasons. Most of them are shitty quality $0.02 chinese button mics which are not designed in any way to be that close to the user's face. If you have a desk mic, use that. If you have a professional mic, even better! A headset mic will sound a lot bassier than you actually do irl (due to lower tones not traveling well through air, closer mic, etc) too. Alternately, headset resting on desk for the poor.

Good luck y'all.
>>
>>3009922
das a pretty good voice yo. I need to do more practice i think. though people say my voice sounds cis as fuck so idk. I feel im doing something wrong cos i don't do what others do.
>>
I can't even raise my adam's apple. I can force it down, weirdly enough, and I understand that it rises when I swallow, but I literally can't even find the muscles to move it upward. I worry that I'm trying to run before I can walk.
>>
This is going to sound like a whine, but I'm really at the end of my rope here. Please help.

How do I make this stop? Just never think about it again. My whole life I was followed by the recurring feeling that I'd have been a lot happier as a girl, but I never let it get to me other than a kind of sad "I wish" now and then because I didn't think anything could be done about it. I never identified as "trans", I barely even knew it was a thing. I didn't think about it. I was awkward, lonely, sad, whatever, but I didn't think once that that was the reason why, so it was fine. That was just me and I lived with it.

But within the past year I had a bit of a revelation experience and I finally realized that transition was actually possible for me to really actually do, and I had a complete fucking breakdown over it. Like, almost nonfunctional as a person because I realized I wanted to do it so badly and I knew what that meant I was. So I've been in therapy - for months now - I'm diagnosed, I've got the fucking letter, I can pretty much walk into a doctor's office any time now and ask for referral to an endo to get HRT and do this. But I'm so, so scared and so desperately ashamed.

All I feel anymore is sadness and shame because I know I want to do this more than anything, but I can't shut up that deeply instilled part of myself that tells me I'm mentally ill, disgusting, that the people I've come out to know I'm a freak now, that I'll just be ruining my life, that I'll probably regret it, that people who are sane don't do this and that there's no good reason I should feel like I have to. That I'll hurt and alienate so many people in my life by doing it, that it's embarrassing and selfish and crazy. I want to transition because -- I can't even explain it. I feel drawn to it, my heart aches for it, like it's the chance to fulfill a dream I've had all my life that I never thought I could.
>>
>>3010408
But I'm disgusted with myself for that and I hate myself for it and I just want to make it stop. I don't want to have to want this. I want to stop wanting it.

Please, someone help. I want to go back to the way it was before - I don't want to have to ruin my life and my reputation and lose what little I have in the world by giving in to what I feel I know, logically, is a symptom of being fucking crazy. I just want to make it stop and forget about all of it. Yet I'm scared that I can't. I think about it every single day, constantly. I'm worried that if I don't do it my life will disintegrate anyway from the strain and the despair of not doing it.

In the past week or two since getting the referral letter I've come to realize that I can't really contain my compulsion to do this, and I've come to really fear myself because I don't think I can prevent myself from transitioning, even though I'm disgusted at myself for wanting it and feel so much shame. It's to the point where I have started to seriously consider that I may need to commit suicide to prevent myself from doing it. I don't want to die, but I'm starting to think more and more that dying may be the only way to retain some little piece of my dignity. To be stronger than giving in to this, even if it kills me. Like... I can't take back having told the friends I've already come out to, but at least I can die with the dignity of knowing I didn't give in and do something that I know is disgusting and shameful and insane. Better to die than to live with that shame. That's how I really feel lately.
>>
>>3010408
>>3010411

But I don't want to die... So please, someone, help me. I need advice on how to forget about this. I want to bury it. I want everything to go back to how it was before, because I know it worked then. I didn't -need- this before, so how is it not insane to pretend I -need- it now? No.

Please give me any advice you possibly can on how to kick this crazy out of my head. Please just help me bury it before I end up in a casket, because that's the only other way I'm going to stop myself. I can't live with feeling so ashamed anymore. I can't.
>>
>>3009963

If people are saying you sound cis, you probably sound cis, honestly. There's a lot of subtle stuff that people will pick the fuck up on immediately if you don't. As long as you sound fine, there's (probably) nothing wrong with doing it in a different way.

>>3010387
Hm. I can kind of think of a way to explain this maybe.

So, when you force it down, are you sort of feeling the back half of your tongue move back and down?

If so, try doing the opposite, try to push the center and back of your tongue up, towards the roof of your mouth, pushing the front of your tongue towards your teeth. Then from there try to do it with just the back of your tongue, then just the lower back of your tongue. Eventually you should be able to train yourself to move the same muscles in your throat WITHOUT moving your tongue up. I don't know shit for technical terms, but I hope you can kind of see what I'm getting at. I think that's kind of how I got the hang of it, uh, all I know is I learned to move my adam's apple around from shaving my neckbeard off over and over.

This is probably going to sound a tad wishy-washy, but there's a thing in bodybuilding known as the mind-muscle connection; the idea that as you use a muscle more, your brain finds more ways to use that muscle and better ways to use it. In other words, the more you practice using the muscles in your throat, the better your brain will get at singling out specific muscles. Since all voice work is is doodling muscles about, imo, the more you try out different things with your throat, the better you will be at specific things with it. Or something. Play around, basically.
>>
>>3009700
My internet cut out for a bit. Here.
Even if I were recognized and outed, I guess that would save me the trouble of coming out and all that. (Oh god no please don't do that.)
It's an old photo but I have a tendency to look awful on photos when I'm looking at the camera.
>>
>>3010408
>>3010411
>>3010413
Please dude, talk to your therapist about this. Be open and honest and tell them all of this.

Random anonymous fuckheads like myself are not a good substitute for therapy and I am sure as hell not comfortable weighing in on your issues. Your therapist is trained and paid to do exactly that.
>>
>>3010413
Just because you could deal with something before doesn't mean you were always going to be able to cope. If you're trans, you probably were going to have to face it one way or another. So far, I've never heard of a single person managing to cure themselves through therapy.

On the other hand, some people do transition and detransition so who knows? Maybe starting your transition will make you realize that you're fine. Maybe starting your transition will make you a lot happier and you'll see it through.
>>
>>3010434
>collar button undone
>pointy chin
>black smear down left side of picture

2/10 would not bang
>>
>>3008626
Kinda an odd question.

I need new glasses. I am not out yet, but will have to wear them for the next year at least, during which time I would like to come out.

Any advice for choosing androgynous glasses? Specifically glasses that complement feminine features for an mtf but aren't over-the-top femme where it would look out of place in boymode.
>>
>>3010770
Buy two pairs? Otherwise, when you're looking at frames, choose a pair that complement feminine features for an mtf but aren't over-the-top femme where it would look out of place in boymode.
>>
>>3010770
That really depends on your face shape. Certain frame styles can help with certain face types.
>>
>>3008626
Is there an age where it's too late to transition?
I mean, at what age I would End up looking like a dad in a wig?
I'm 20 btw
>>
>>3010798
Depends on what they look like... For some it's too late at 16, others 30.
>>
>>3010776
Don't have the money, and I don't think insurance covers 2 pair, although I will have to check. And I don't really know what to look for.

>>3010782
Thing is, I don't really know what my face type is and stuff. Guess it was a pretty stupid question since I don't really know what I want, and I don't want to post a pic. Maybe off to the internet to research and try to figure it out this time.

>>3010798
depends on your genetics. 20 is almost definitely not too late. You might not look 100% cis if you don't have good genetics, but you probably won't look like a dad in a wig. Testosterone keeps developing your face to look more masc well into your 20s and even 30s and 40s.
>>
Before I start spamming pictures, would it be okay if I posted a few pictures from different profiles so you guys could tell me if I have any chance of passing after 'mones. Also, what surgeries I'll probably need to pass.
>>
>>3010782
Another MtF anon here.
I have a bit of a square-ish face (rather defined jew and slightly larger nose). What do you think would work for me?
What I had in mind were some semi round/square frames with a black frame that's about half a centimeter thick.
>>
>>3010835
Bear in mind that almost nobody on this board is an expert and they can give opinions, but they can be wrong. You're probably better discussing the second point with an expert.
>>
File: WIN_20140717_181950.jpg (130 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20140717_181950.jpg
130 KB, 1280x720
>>3010853
Opinions are better than nothing, especially if they come from some sort of experience.
>>
>>3010798
ideally the only surefire way is to start before puberty. but a lot of us started around 18-22 so you should be aright. Providing you aren't super masculine.
>>
>>3010858
and here's the side shot
>>
>>3010858
You'd probably look a lot different if you grew your hair out. Have you tried that?
>>
File: WIN_20140717_181954.jpg (130 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20140717_181954.jpg
130 KB, 1280x720
>>3010864
Oh duh
>>
>>3010866
Can't right now, I'm on my way out of the Army.
>>
>>3010828
>>3010814
Thanks for answering.
But since I can't change my bone structure, is there any way to make some kind of mask that would look real?
I keep thinking that surgery will do nothing more than making me look like a drag queer
>>
>>3010867
>>3010858
I don't see why you couldn't pass. How old are you? You'll probably pass a lot better when you can grow your hair out and lose a lot of the muscle you seem to have.

The hard thing to accept is that we'll probably never be 100% feminine, and a few of your features will always look masculine (maybe your nose? I'm not really sure). You could spend a fortune on surgeries to fix them, but in reality, many cis girls have some masculine features too. Passing isn't always about one individual feature - the combination of features you have will mean that you will pass if enough of you is feminine and the rest just adds character.
>>
Can you buy female hormones without a doctor's note?
>>
>>3010889
>>3010858

If we're doing this, anyone mind looking at the picture I posted before >>3010434 and telling me what I can do?
>>
>>3010880
>is there any way to make some kind of mask that would look real
I... wut? Maybe try not worrying about it so much. You don't need something that drastic, and I don't really know if it is possible. There are realistic masks, but it would be bizarre to basically live in one.

And surgery will fix a lot, even if you are really masculine, def won't make you look like a drag queen. The hope is always to be able to pass without surgery, but surgery will fix most people. At 20 you have a good chance of passing without surgery, and surgery will probably make you pass if not.
>>
>>3010893
In some places, sure. There are over 190 countries in the world anon, and the answer won't be the same for all of them.

Most online places in europe are apparently asking for prescriptions now. If you're in the US, look into informed consent. If you're in the UK, go to your GP right now, it's a long enough process there.
>>
Can taking a high estrogen dose mess up your receptors and fuck up your results in the long term?
>>
File: KinseySicksPhoto2011.jpg (86 KB, 500x342) Image search: [Google]
KinseySicksPhoto2011.jpg
86 KB, 500x342
>>3010880
>2010plus4
>not wanting to look like a drag queen
I shiggidy
>>
>>3010893
Yes. Either use informed consent or buy off the net, but for gods sake make sure you read around before you do it and make sure you get bloodwork checked.

>>3010858
>>3010867
Possibly. That "whatever" expression makes it hard to say, but if you grew your hair out you'd have a much better idea (or you know, photoshop some hair on).

>>3010902
Nose Surgery. Either that's just a bad angle, or yeah you need it.

Otherwise you should be OK
>>
>>3010921
Apparently it can give you conical boobs. Nobody wants conical boobs.

Real talk though, a low dose over a long period is what causes change. High dosages are wasted. How high are you talking?
>>
>>3010934
Really? But I like my nose...
>>
>>3010851
For a defined jaw, you want frames with a little curve but not too much, like round or oval shapes. I'd recommend cateyes, if you were fine with non-neutral-looking frames.
>>
>>3010935
My doc currently has me prescribed 12mg oral estradiol and 150mg spiro daily.

I took 8-12mg off and on for a while over a year. Currently i'm taking 6mg estradiol and 150mg spiro.
>>
>>3010941
dats a cute nose
>>
>>3010947
Thanks! I'll take that into consideration when I get new glasses.
>>
>>3010977
Thank you

Now the question is, does it look like a girl's nose?
>>
>>3010988
Yeah sure. To be honest i'm not trans or know anything about transitioning i was just scrolling through threads and thought you had a cute nose so stopped to say.
>>
>>3010997
Y-you too...
>>
Serious question. What does estrogens do to a man's body?
Besides boobs...
>>
>>3011005
lol x.
>>
>>3011014
Is boobs not enough for you?

It also makes your skin softer, adjusts your fat distribution (boobs and butt, etc) and turns you into a hormonal mess! Enjoy!
>>
>>3011031
It's just, They seem very important to some, I thought it was a must.
>>
15 y/o here. Realized I'm MtF, and I want to start HRT while still developing so that my body will have a better chance at looking more feminine, but I 'm not ready to come out. Very conflicted right now, what should I do?
>>
Hi, a few questions:

I bought a home IPL thing and it's recommended to use once every 2 weeks, could I speed it up by using it every week or few days?

How high up should you shave the "sideburns" or whatever to be more like a female's natural growth there?

And, is it possible to get a prescription from a general practitioner or do you have to go through a therapist? I don't have much money but I've been selfmedding for 3 months now and I'm getting worried about my health so I'd like to see a doctor and I just want the cheapest and easiest way.
>>
>>3011065
DO it, please please do it. Every MtF will tell you the same thing, that they wish they had started earlier. If I could redo even just one part of my life it would have been when I was going to come out at 14 like when I first started thinking this was a big deal, instead of ending up putting all this off until I was almost 22. Trust me, you will get a LOT more masculine very quickly if you're 15.

Even if you're not ready to come out, just tell your parents you want to see a therapist or something. You can tell your therapist and they won't tell your parents, but eventually he or she might be able to do a joint session of some kind and help you come out.
>>
>>3011126
Can I start HRT without my parent knowing?
>>
>>3011065
go see a therapist about it now.

go go go now. Go get a referral from a GP. Trans support lines are shit too so take what they say with a grain of salt.

also underage b&
>>
>>3011142
Come out to your parents first. If you're in the UK though, you should be able to see your GP confidentially. Treatment, though, will require you to go to the AGIC which is in London. If you're not in the UK, idk what to tell you, but start treatment soon. You may need to be 16 or 18, but you might be able to get on the waiting list before then and at least if you have things in progress, you can waste less time.

High school could well be hell though. Have you got good, close friends?
>>
>>3011065
DO IT, don't hesitate
>>
>>3011171
I think I have a close friend who would be accepting, but I'm not sure. I very much fear social isolation. And although I do have one friends who may be accepting, I fear other will not, and that my accepting friend will be shunned for accepting it.

The people in my town are quite generally right wing.

My father is also sort of Right Wing and I need a good way to tell how accepting he would be of it before I tell him. Not because I need him acceptance, just because I'd rather have him not know than for him to know and not support me.

I would feel better coming out to my mother, but she's not my legal guardian so I don't think she could help with the transition.
>>
>>3011153
What is a GP? Gender-something?
>>
>>3011197
General practitioner, I think.
>>
>>3010456
>Please dude, talk to your therapist about this. Be open and honest and tell them all of this.

It's just difficult, because honestly I wonder how it would even help.

'Cause like, everyone's told me that this isn't really something you can 'cure'... So what am I expecting? For the therapist to talk me out of it?

The thing is, I've never stopped wanting to transition through any of this. I know I want it. But I loathe myself for it and I feel so ashamed for wanting it. And the part of my brain that keeps telling me "you're disgusting! you're mentally ill!" keeps telling me "if you transition you'll just fuck your life up and end up regretting it! you'll realize you didn't really want this! you'll feel awful about it and wish you could take it back!"

I don't believe that now, but I'm so afraid that it'll come true, and it's just impossible to get around the combination of the horrible shame and that. It makes me want to suicide just to be able to keep from humiliating myself by coming out and transitioning. "At least people will know you'd rather be dead than crazy, and they'll respect you for having the willpower to do that to save yourself from doing something stupid", the thought goes.
>>
>>3011197

General Practitioner. They're basically your go to doctor for anything that doesn't require going to Accident and Emergency or calling an ambulance.

I think the US equivalent is a family doctor?
>>
>>3011195
You're going to have to come out to your parents at some point. You're either going to have to wait until you're independent and move out which means holding off on HRT while test slowly makes your body more masculine, or you're going to have to take the difficult conversations with parents, risk of social isolation and stigma, risk of rejection by friends etc.

It sucks, but look at it this way, you're 3-7 years ahead of most people in your position. Even if you wait 3 years until highschool is over, you're in the same position as a lot of girls who don't transition until adulthood. If you choose to transition now, you're likely to have a better outcome. If you transition later, you're likely to have a good outcome.
>>
>>3011126
>>3011153
>>3011194
I was hesitant to write a long post about myself. But I think if I do, someone might be able to help me tell if you think my family would be accepting and if I should start transitioning now. Should I?
>>
>>3011253
The most commonly used equivalent term in the US is Primacy Care Provider, though GP exists as a term over here as well.
>>
>>3011282
*Primary
>>
>>3011280
I'd recommend you write it out and not because I'll definitely still be here to see it and not because anyone will definitely be able to offer good advice, but because I think being able to tell your story to the internet might help you clarify things in your head.

And someone might offer you some great advice. Who knows?
>>
>>3011065

Treatment for gender dysphoria aims to help people with the condition live the way they want to, in their preferred gender identity.

What this means will vary from person to person, and is different for children, young people and adults. Your specialist care team will work with you on a treatment plan that is tailored to your needs.
Treatment for children and young people

If your child is under 18 and thought to have gender dysphoria, they will usually be referred to a specialist child and adolescent Gender Identity Clinic (GIC).

Currently, the only specialist clinic for young people with gender identity issues is run by the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust in London, although they occasionally provide satellite clinics in other parts of the country.

Staff at these clinics can carry out a detailed assessment of your child, to help them determine what support they need.

Depending on the results of this assessment, the options for children and young people with suspected gender dysphoria can include:

family therapy
individual child psychotherapy
parental support or counselling
group work for young people and their parents
regular reviews to monitor gender identity development
hormone therapy (see below)

Your child’s treatment should be arranged with a multi-disciplinary team (MDT).

Most treatments offered at this stage are psychological, rather than medical or surgical. This is because the majority of children with suspected gender dysphoria do not have the condition once they have reached puberty. Psychological support, therefore, offers young people and their families a chance to discuss their thoughts and receive support to help them cope with the emotional distress of the condition, without rushing into more drastic treatments.

That's from the UK's NHS website, just to give you an idea of what will happen. You probably won't transition until you're older, but you can start treatment now.
>>
>>3011342
Wrong section, sorry, I meant to post this

Hormone therapy

If your child has gender dysphoria and they have reached puberty, they could be treated with gonadotrophin-releasing hormone (GnRH) analogues. These are synthetic (man-made) hormones that suppress the hormones naturally produced by the body.

Some of the changes that take place during puberty are driven by hormones. For example, the hormone testosterone, which is produced by the testes in boys, helps stimulate penis growth.

As GnRH analogues suppress the hormones that are produced by your child’s body. They also suppress puberty and can help delay potentially distressing physical changes caused by their body becoming even more like that of their biological sex, until they are old enough for the treatment options discussed below.

GnRH analogues will only be considered for your child if assessments have found that they are experiencing clear distress and have a strong desire to live as their gender identity.

The effects of treatment with GnRH analogues are considered to be fully reversible, so treatment can usually be stopped at any time after a discussion between you, your child and your MDT.
>>
Hey I'm 23, MtF, I just recently started T blockers and I'll be starting E in a month or so. My hairline has receded a bit, I was wondering if anyone's ever experienced any hairline regrowth from hormones alone. If not, what other options do I have? Hopefully not just transplantation or wearing a wig... growing out my natural hair over the last year has done wonders for my self-image.
>>
What makes someone a man or a woman?
>>
>>3011342
I live in the Us, not UK. Got any US info?

>>3011342
I think a good way to tell my story is chronologically. Well most embarrassingly, my earliest memories related to interest in my sisters tampons/maxipads, as I thought I would one day get my period. I spent a bit of time in the basement when I wasn't playing outside, because that computer and entertainment system were down there. Also in the basement were the clothes, and I remember some sort of fascination with my sisters underwear, but not whether or not I wore them, though I think I did. I think this because I believe my big sister knew about it and made some sort of joke about it, and I had forgotten about this for years only just remember a week or too ago. I wish I hadn't though, It's really embarrassing, even anonymously on the internet :/ Those fascinations subsided for a few years.

I also remember I my older sister having a bracelet with her boyfriends name on it, and I picked on her for it when I was fairly young, maybe around 7. She told me if I kept picking on her, she would paint my nails as a joke. I pretended thy I didn't want that, but I kept on picking on her because I secretly did. I liked the idea.
>>
>>3011446
[Cont.]

About 3 years ago, I started taking my sisters clothes and cross dressing late a night when I knew I wouldn't get caught. I masturbating wearing, but after I orgasmed, I feel repulsed by them. I later started sleeping in girls clothes too, and experimenting with make-up. Then about a year later, I realized that when I watched porn, I put myself in the females position a vast majority of the time. About a year ago, my sister had found the know new I had taken their clothes. There's chance my older sister thinks I'm gay, well she's half right I guess. Everyone in my immediate family knows, but no one has said anything serious about it, I was just forced to return anything I had taken.

Then a while ago, something weird happened. Before, I had only imagined myself or fantasized about being with females or other traps. But something weird happened. About the time I had finally come out to myself as transsexual, I also became very into his entirety, not just male genitalia. I also realized that there's always been some weird aspects about my, such as a (fairly well hidden) emotional instability. I can cry very easily about things that I know I logically should care that much about. I'm also bit jealous of other woman for their feminine appearance because I don't think I'll ever look like that.
>>
>>3011453
[Cont.]

I'm also a very studious person, and one of the things I study often is psychology. I was just recently explaining to a friend that causes of homosexualism and transsexualism, and he didn't seem shaken at it by all, so I think he would be someone who's accepting. I definitely know of other people who are accepting. But I don't know if my sad never mentions it because he thinks I would talk about it if I wanted to, or he pretends it didn't happen.

Recently, I had been doubting that I was transsexual and that it was just autogynephilia. But I think writing this has convinced me otherwise.
>>
are any of u openly trans in the workplace? do people give u shit?
>>
>>3011444
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSS5dEeMX64
>>
>>3011665
Not yet, but in a semi-prestigious school for engineering and technology as a CS major. Pretty much the whole CS industry doesn't give a shit. I don't think that other math/science fields really care either. Feelsgood.bmp

But it will probably be more difficult in more blue-collar jobs or in more business related stuff.
>>
This is more about me being socially incompetent rather than transgender, but how should I set up a consultation with a therapist? Can I just email them (I have one in mind) and ask when they're available? Should I mention anything about myself in the email, or leave that for in-person?
>>
if an mtf starts hrt before they're done growing, would they more likely end up shorter?
>>
>>3012147
as is shorter than if they didn't go on hrt not shorter than they already were
>>
>>3011438
Ask your doctor about getting on finasteride or rogaine. In the mean time you can use a DHT reducing shampoo like T-Gel. Female hormones alone aren't strong enough quick enough to deplete the built up DHT in your hair follicles.
>>
>>3011928
If they accept email, then yes, you can mention why you're seeking treatment with them. Keep it as brief as you can in an introductory anything. For reference, I found an LGBT friendly therapist with specialties in a bunch of different things including gender issues so in my phone call (voice message) I stated my name, asked if they were accepting new clients, insurance, and said I was having difficulty with depression, a chronic illness and some gender identity troubles, and left a call back number. That was enough to get me in. Keep it as brief and precise as you can.
>>
>>3011928
if they have email, yes.

I normally set my psych appointments by calling.

Just say something like "Hi, I'd like to set up an appointment to see [doctor's name]". and then they will ask you details.
>>
>>3011066
>How high up should you shave the "sideburns"
as far as they are sideburns. females don't have sideburns.

>And, is it possible to get a prescription from a general practitioner
usually not, you most likely will need to have gone to a therapist.

>I bought a home IPL thing and it's recommended to use once every 2 weeks
it's recommended for a reason, for the skin to heal/regenerate because laser is pretty harsh. just keep to it every two weeks.

>>3011205
transitioning is a selfish act anon, that's just how it is. Becoming yourself is worth the shame you might get from others.

>>3011453
>Everyone in my immediate family knows, but no one has said anything serious about it
They will see it coming, either you coming out as gay or trans. Is probably a question of when for them rather than why.

>>3011457
Tell your friend.
>>
What does "hon" mean?
>>
>>3012733
someone who doesn't pass, usually older transitioners
>>
File: QQ.jpg (74 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
QQ.jpg
74 KB, 480x640
>>3010934
If their nose is bad then I'm fucked.

Also, Will I pass? 1 month HRT
>>
>>3011457
>But I think writing this has convinced me otherwise.

Then you know what to do. Delaying coming out to your friend and your family will make it all take longer. You're eventually going to have to come out and start treatment.
>>
>>3012797
It's hard to tell what your face shape is like with that hat on, but I don't see why not. I highly doubt you'll need a nose job or many surgery. Your jaw looks naturally soft, which is good. What's your hairline like?
>>
>>3012817
My hairline's not the greatest, but It is kinda long so I use bangs.
>>
I want to die but I'm too much of a pussy to kill myself. I don't have the strength to endure transition when I'm just gonna end up a turbohon but I couldn't just take skittles for mental health and never socially transition either, that'd kill me just as much as doing nothing at all. There is no happy way out
>>
>>3012821
Speak to a therapist.
>>
>>3012821
why do you think you couldn't pass?
>>
>>3012913

Because I'll need ffs i won't be able to afford for ages and even with it I've got an obvious case of the dudebodies
>>
>>3012960
You could always go on HRT without going full time and see if it helps with your body?

Also >>3012830
>>
is Jazz a shitty name? mtf
>>
>>3013128
lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk_YlBM5JAE
>>
>>3013130

the comments on that video are p depressing
>>
>>3013128
You could call yourself Jasmine, which would be Jas for short I guess
>>
I'm in a bit of a confusing situation here. Here's some facts to preface. I've been in a LDR with someone for a few months now and we're meeting 3 weeks from now, and I'll be staying with her for 2 weeks before I return home. We're both MtF. I've been on HRT for 10 months now and can't pass for male anymore, not even in boymode. She's pre-hrt, but she'll be starting mones in a couple months. Neither of us have strong genital dysphoria, although both of us plan on getting SRS eventually.

Okay, now, my main question is regarding sex+sexual orientation... I'm bi, I don't have any qualms with someone's sex or gender, but my girlfriend is exclusively into women. When it comes to thoughts/doubts about our relationship it always comes down to the simple fact that I have a cock, and that she's not into that. But still, she says she can work through it. Okay, whatever, she can live with it, and she's perfectly okay with fucking me and using her cock in whatever way, so sex can still work.

However, this is where I get confused. There's been a couple of times where she talks about wanting me to fuck her (meaning I'd be topping, which is whatever. Not ecstatic about it but I would still do it) and has requested pictures of my cock. But of course most of the time she makes it sound like the fact that I have a cock is a problem. What the hell? I try not to talk about it or bring it up cause the topic tends to bum her out.

So, since I'm visiting her very soon, how should I prepare myself in that sense? What could I expect? I really do get the sense that she's not into dick... But why on earth did she want to see mine?
>>
>>3013365
Parents dont forget about it, they just don't want it to be true. I had to hammer it hard into my parents heads for a year until they finally realised it's not just gonna go away.
>>
>six foot one inches
>big nose
>kinda chubby
I feel like I'd never be able to pass. Would transitioning even be worth it?
>>
I fee so ugly. I thought i had a good shot of being pretty but everyone lied to me. I feel so ugly. Hormones only show me how far away i am from looking female. I was an attractive guy, this isn't fair. Im pretty sure if this never changes i will end up killing myself cause im that shallow and pathetic.
>>
>>3013463
You already know the answer to that question. Nobody on the internet can tell you what is right for you.

Why don't you start by writing out your story? That seems to help a lot of people.
>>
>>3013375
Maybe because she's bicurious and doesn't want to admit it? Or maybe because she doesn't like the idea of it and seeing it might make it better?

When she said she wanted you to fuck her, did she mean like PIV? or did she mean like lesbians say fuck?
>>
>>3013365
told my mom when i was 18/19. She wanted me to take a look at my options and experience life before i made my choice. she constantly uses male pronouns even though i told her i wanted her to stop that (there's my little man or shit like that) I'm now 21 and have an appointment set up with a psychiatrist this Tuesday. She doesn't know but I'll probably sit her down some time after. she was supportive at the time but she hasn't made an effort to help me with it so I'm making the effort and hopefully she takes that extra step to meet me halfway. would be helpful to have family support. best of luck anon!
>>
>>3013619
What did you expect her to do? Make your appointments for you?

You told her, and then apparently waited around 2 years before making an appointment. Ofc she doubted you and wanted to return to how things were. You've gotta earn support by showing you're serious about this, and then if they don't support you, fuck 'em, you'll find people who will.
>>
So I tried to do a girlmode today at 5.5 months of HRT but I couldnt find the courage to go outside

http://i.imgur.com/kQEStn7.jpg?1

I know that I dont pass but do you think this is a decent place to start? I know not to expect a miracle before 1 year of HRT
>>
>>3013627
it's a cute dress but it doesn't work for your bone structure, try to be reasonable with what kind of clothing you wear not just because it's cute.
>>
>>3013646

can you tell me what is wrong with my bone structure, am I too wide? :/
>>
>>3013627
I think you are doing better than me.
>>
>>3013625
That's probably what it looks like at face value but sadly it's not that simple.
>>
>>3013659
posture would help, your neck seems to be leaning a little too far forward. arms seem a little buff, that position makes your calves look enlarged. ffs might help, a lot of this is just posture and clothes selection. try to get something in a neutral zone not insta dresses. hate to be so negative but i hope i helped in some strange way. best of luck to you and yeah i'd say your doing good so far.
>>
>>3013627
hey that's similar to my dress!

http://i.imgur.com/dnJuzsy.jpg

if you wanna wear a dress though, i'd get one that goes over your shoulders, like mine.

also don't be afraid to go a size bigger than you actually are, i found that it's quite useful for fitting larger shoulders
>>
>>3013695
jo, is that you?
>>
>>3013463
Post a pic?
>>
>>3013583
My story isn't interesting it's just
>figure out i'm bi in like 9th grade
>couple years later think I might be trans
>after a while I feel dysphoric a lot
>I want to transition if I can pass but if I end up looking like a man in woman's clothing i don't want to so now I have to figure out if it's worth it to transition
>>
>>3013720
jo?

no that's not my name, sorry
>>
>>3013684
thanks for the help! I appreciate it

>>3013695
I kinda bought this on a whim and screamed cuuute haha, I will try to be careful with my selection next time
>>
>>3013627
>http://i.imgur.com/dnJuzsy.jpg
You look fine. You don't pass 100%, but you easily pass enough to go outside without people screaming cute at you. Mostly, you should wear make up (I can't tell if you are) because that'll improve your skin and make you look more feminine and you should also sort your hair. That middle part gives you a large forhead. Straight or side swept bangs would make you look much better!
Honestly, you're not that far off passing though. You might not think you look like an amazingly cute girl, but then most girls don't look like that. If you define passing as looking like a girl from a magazine, you'll never be happy.
>>
>>3014427
>people screaming cute at you.

sorry, meant people screaming curses at you. what I meant is most people probably won't clock you.
>>
What's the best diet and excerize routine to get a femme figure? im 22 not very manly or hairy yet but more and more is starting to grow. I feel like im going through second puberty lol
only really admitted to myself that im trans recently and im looking for a therapist atm but unroll then I can't get hrt I guess. any advice?
>>
>>3014470
http://www.tranchan.net/self/tips/res/90.php
>>
>>3014470
Jesus I'm starting to feel like I only reply to posts about diet/exercise.

Honestly, diet won't do shit. No food on this earth is going to give you nice hips and tits. If you want to atrophy your muscles faster, do a lot of cardio and eat minimal protein. I'd recommend that you get skinny if you're not already (read the /fit/ sticky) before starting hormones and then gaining a bit of weight after a year+ on them. By that point your body should be basically going "oh, new energy to store, I'll put that on your hips, ass and boobs" which helps a lot.

There's not even much you can do via exercise, honestly. The best you're really going to get is maybe wider hips and definitely a nicer ass from squatting. If you can't be bothered with squats (and you should be bothered with squats, squat more do it), do hill sprints. Literally, sprint up hills. It'll help with your ass and it's also good cardio.

Apart from that, sorry, most body stuff comes down to genetics and how much hormones have an effect on your fat distribution. If you're super desperate, "waist training" is a thing, literally using corsets and the like to bend your lower ribs and gut area into a more feminine shape, but I'm not sure how willing I am to actually suggest that beyond telling you that it exists.
>>
Has anyone in the UK self medicated? Is QHI still a good bet? How do I get my tests done? Seriously, can I just tell my GP to test my blood or will that affect my chances of getting treated by the system?
>>
Can someone tell me if I'm 'trans' or if I just happen to be a brutish tomboy who likes doing masculine activites and interests and sometimes has benis envy? What's the difference? Am I supposed to be a guy? Am I a butch lesbian? Halp.
>>
>>3014538
Thanks anon
>>
>>3014796

Would you be satisfied being a butch lesbian? Imagine if you could do WHATEVER you wanted with no social stigma. What would that be?
>>
>>3013103
>You could always go on HRT without going full time and see if it helps with your body?

I am but there's only so much fat distribution can do when you've got ~18" shoulders and a 37" ribcage
>>
>>3014427
Thanks for the nice feedback
>>
>>3014918
18 is fairly broad, but a 37 ripcage isn't tooooo bad
>>
>>3014864
Well, I'm attracted to men, so I'd have to be gay. If I could do anything at all without any repurcussions, [now that we're in fantasy land] I'd probably have a dual penis and vagina combo with no breasts. I'd also like people to stop looking at me and thinking 'female', though i don't care if they look at me and think 'male'.
>>
>>3015021
Just a random anon's opinion.

Male
>Penis
>No boobs
>Not wanting to be called female.

Female
>Vagina

Seem's like your leaning towards wanting to be a male, but to each there own.
>>
>>3015192
Well, in an ideal fantasy world, both me and my partner would have both bottom parts. That doesn't work though, and he's 6 foot with cis male parts
>>
>>3015314
You could transition but not get your bottom surgery done? Would you want to be a top or a bottom or both?
>>
>>3015327
I would like to be both, but I don't have enough sexual experience to say that, which is part of the reason why I haven't transitioned yet and why I'm still questioning myself. Maybe as I settle into a relationship I'll become more comfortable with myself or something. That's why I want other FTMs to tell me their experience so I can at least compare.
>>
>>3015327
That's kinda standard for FtMs to not get any bottom surgery because it sucks at the moment.
>>
>>3015350
I hear it's okay and penetrative sex is apparently possible with a pump. Dat consonance.
>>
>>3015403
You either get like a 1-2 inch dick made out of your clit or a normal size "dick" with flesh fron a donor site that needs a pump in the balls to get hard. That's not worth shelling out tons of money to me.
>>
I'm only on estrogen fo about 50 days now and my face looks really bony and there's no more fat in it, how long before I will start to look normal again? I have another doctors appointment with a new doctor hopefully one give me spiro and finasteride in about 25 days. I've noticed it seems that most people have this weird transition who are male to female and they look like skeletons because they're fat disappears or something
>>
Is it possible to be trans-intersex? I want to have both sexual organs.
>>
>>3015548
but which secondary sex traits do you want?
>>
>>3015644
I want a vagina along with my penis.
>>
>>3015649
I got that part
but which *secondary* sex traits do you want?
like do you want breasts?
do you want a male voice?
do you want to be muscular?
>>
>>3015689
no breasts
no adams apple
androgynous voice so probably feminine
not muscular
>>
>>3015699
I have no fucking clue then
agp maybe?
>>
>>3014927

there's probably an inch or two of fat in that rib measurement too since i'm overweight atm so it could get a little lower. they just feel massive

i hate the shit out of my shoulders, i want to take to them with a belt sander

it's just like, that kinda stuff on top of man hands/feet, the whole guy no hips thing, an uncomfortable height (5'9", which I know is nothing compared to the 6'+ers but still makes me half a head taller than my mother and sister) combine to make it feel futile
>>
So, I recently had a discussion with my father about transgender people, and he said that the whole ordeal was really selfish... Now, my father is probably the most understanding person I know. I'm MtF, and really want to come out cause the dysphoria is killing me inside, but my family as a whole is super transphobic, what do?
>>
>>3015699
After some time on hormones you'll want breasts.
>>
>>3016627
Your father is right. If your family really is transphobic there's not much you can do. Move out and transition then.
>>
>>3008626
Is it okay to be a trans guy who "crossdresses?" I dress masculine like 99% of the time but sometimes for special occasions I like to doll it up as much as possible. I still pick dresses/binders/bras that hide my breasts and hips as well as possible. I'm pre-everything and I'm worried that this means I'm a freak or not really trans, even though I feel strong gender dysphoria with my body.
>>
>>3016627
Your father is a fucking retard. Thats like saying people born with brain damage are selfish.
>>
>>3016786
I see no problem with that, do whatever makes you happy. And if that happy is dressing up as a girl every once in a while, that's fine. Doesn't make you any less trans.
>>
>>3016786
Would you consider a cis man to not really be a man if he crossdresses? The same applies here.
>>
I just turned 21
I'm obese, but losing weight quickly and consistently.
Would it be better for me to wait till I'm thin to start HRT?
>>
>>3017156
probably, it's harder to lose fat when on female hormones
>>
>>3017194
It just means you have to eat less

Which I mean yeah I guess is harder
>>
>>3016627
It kind of is selfish

But people are aloud to be selfish
>>
>>3009129
>>3009081

You're both just miserable, like most 'trans' people. You could try mindfulness meditation, travel, working out. Take a risk and get a part time job? It gives you a shitton of confidence.

Unfortunately from what I hear some people transition, and find themselves ugly, infertile and possibly without a penis, and still feel unsatisfied.

You could try religion too. It doesn't have to be your Conservative Baptist church. Quakers are very accepting and mild mannered.

It makes me sad to see everyday shy gay people transitioning because of a fetish.
>>
>>3017223
>cure your severe medical disorder with the power of chai tea, gay cock, navel gazing pretentiousness and Jesus
Thanks but no thanks. Something tells me you're simply not capable of comprehending just how stupid and pseudo-intellectual you sound when you say things like this.
>>
>>3017208
It's not selfish to treat a fucking diagnosed medical condition. What the hell is wrong with you people?
>>
>>3017194
>>3017204
I'm not worried I'll have problems losing weight.
But the first months are were most changes happen right? if I start off at a deficit, won't it limit my development_
>>
>>3017248
>But the first months are were most changes happen right?
Ehh...no? The first few months not much happens. the first three hardly anything happens besides soft skin and breast budding. Most changes happen after that in a span of a year or longer.
>>
Im sitting right on the edge of making the choice. Been talking to psychologist for about 7 weeks now about transitioning but its hard to just make that choice to go foward. Im 30 now and know chances arnt great of turning out well, luckily I dont have a really masculine face/body so thats a start, and I know it is possible to transition at my age.
Im just scared of making the wrong choice, like maybe I could just keep going as is? Psychologist says im just finding reasons not to as opposed to reasons to which is true.

Im scared of ruining what life I do have which admittedly isnt great, by going through with transitioning. Telling family, friends, housemates, employers etc, im not a really mentally strong person to just say "this is who I am, deal" so yea just scared.

How did you all make the final choice? like was it n event or something that tipped favor 1 way or another?
>>
>>3017275
it's atleast worth a try anon, if it doesn't work out or you find out hormones are not for you you can always go off them.

>How did you all make the final choice?
I can't see myself growing old as male. and i get tired of putting on this faqade for society, while i feel that person i am presenting as is not me.
>>
File: 1395406471642.png (13 KB, 427x492) Image search: [Google]
1395406471642.png
13 KB, 427x492
>>3017284
I'd hate to cause a big fuss over nothing, possibly lose people because of it. I sometimes feel like earlier post about it being selfish, im asking everyone else to adjust to me rather than me adjusting to them.
But yea I cant see myself growing old as a guy , I wish I had not denyed all these years though, im pretty scared of not passing which I know is kind of petty but its still worrying.

I worry about everything.
>>
>>3013659
also, don't crane your neck out. Try to stand almost like at attention and then relax, but bend more to the side than to the front or back. The relaxing part is important, don't force any bends. Your shoulders should be back some, and that will make them look smaller, but again don't force, just keep them as far back as is possible without having to hold them in place.

Shift your weight back a little, and it helps to keep the position. Your gravity (idk what to call it) should be on your hips, not chest or shoulders. Put a little more weight on your hips and heels. It will also make you slightly less stable, like you could be pushed over more easily, but that is what you want. Also will make your hips more prominent.

When you lean back on something like that, you want the contact points to the wall to be your butt and shoulders, not actually your spine. Your spine either should not touch the wall or should at least not bear much weight. If you are looking down at something like a phone while leaning on the wall, you should turn your head very slightly to the side and down instead of straight down, and preferably to the side that has the least weight. Even more preferable to use the hand on the side that has the most weight and cross it over to the less-weighted side.

overall, in any situation, your body should be less bent into a c shape, and your back should almost always be pretty straight, even if legs are out in front.

But be careful not to exaggerate it.
>>
>>3014927
Just wondering how normal a 32" ribcage is, like at underbust. Closer to 33" at actual bust, but I have some boob growth, so idk if that is skewing it. 36-30-32 hip-waist-underbust. Used to be more like 34-28-32, but gained some weight because my cheeks were gaunt (and very happy with what gaining some weight did for my face).

It would make sense that smaller chest relative to hip and waist would be good, but I feel like it looks LESS feminine and attractive without as much of a curve going from chest to waist, even though there is a bigger difference from chest to hips.
>>
>>3018345
a 32" ripcage is slightly small for women, but pretty common. I hear ~34" the most.
>>
>>3018345
pretty normal for a male. Mines 34"
>>
>>3018496
>>3018498
I keep hearing contradictory stuff. Like some people saying it is normal male and some saying it is normal female. And the averages are all over the place.

guess ill just not worry about it. I think the main problem is that my chest is flat and bony which makes it look bigger, but that should change as I gain more weight and my breasts fill out more.
>>
I finally found some jeans that hide my ugly birthing hips, except I also look like I'm swimming in them and I hate myself more. I feel like I'll never be able to be a hot guy and I should just kill myself.
>>
I'm a femanon. I worry if I'm trans or not. I used to have plans to transition but lately that's gone away. I reverted back to the way I was when I was 10 or 11; I wanna be quite masculine but still considered a woman, and I like crossdressing.

I used to have dysphoria about my chest and voice. Now I'm not sure. Do I hate breasts or hate how big I am? I can't tell anymore. Hopefully I get this figured out before I finish college.
>>
>>3018886
Haha I get this feeling.

>Tfw you'll never be the little girl
>>
>>3018959
I just need to know that there can be a light at the end of the tunnel. That I can transition to male, live as a male, and still maintain what little attractiveness I have.
>>
>>3018886

Stop being a brat. Not even most cis men are hot.
>>
>>3019012
True but I just want to be not-ugly.
>>
>>3019021

Get a better self esteem, change your look, and deal with it
>>
>>3019021
What about your body is unattractive for being a male.
>>
I'm bigender and stumped how to transition. Some days I want hormones, others I don't, some days I want surgery, other times I am less interested. I worry about regrets and dysphoria.
>>
>>3019260
You're on 4chan, so you're just going to get told that's not a real thing and that you're not trans and to not do hormones.
>>
>>3019285
4chan is not a substitute for introspection or therapy.
>>
>>3019285

Not everyone on 4chan is the same. Hell, plenty of people on here are okay with non-binary people
>>
>>3019260
Go to reddit.

For realsies, you're likely going to find much better answers there.
>>
>>3019301
Where are these "plenty of people" anytime a non-binary post is made? Because I see a lot of hate and very little support.
>>
>>3017275
IKTF, Anon. Also 30 and on that same precipice. Spent pretty much all of my 20s thinking I was a mere closeted CDer, but still pondering in the back of my head if I still might be trans. Saw a trans psych, turns out I'm trans. Oh yay... Oh well, I'm willing to put in the effort if I have to in order to avoid looking like a freak.
>>
>>3019307

I've never used Reddit.
>>
Awkward question: I'm MtF, is it normal if my downstairs equipment gives out a clear slimy liquid throughout sex & after orgasm? Or should I get my hormone levels checked?
>>
I'm pre-everything but seeing a therapist. I don't plan on living as a guy until I'm on T and can't pass as a girl most of the time.

I don't want to wear a binder but I have C cup breasts. Is there a way to hide them? Sports bras don't help and layering seems to make them look bigger
>>
>>3019642
Yes, it's precum, preseminal fluid. As long as you're not still ejaculating full on white goo you're probably fine.

I've heard some MtFs still occasionally get some of that even after a good deal of time on hormones, personally I still ejaculate clear liquid after a year or so on them, my levels are fine and I've been told it's to do with taking Progesterone as part of HRT, but I've also heard of transwomen who have no ejaculate whatsoever after around the same time.

If you're that worried talk to your endo but no that sounds about normal.
>>
>>3019678
Oh ok, thanks :)
>>
>>3019678
I have had SRS and when I orgasm that same precum/prostate fluid comes out.
>>
>>3019943
wait still even post op?
>>
So I want to come out as trans, but I don't know about the costs of hormones and whatnot.
It seems like that kind of thing should be free if I have like, healthcare and stuff. Either way, I'm 16 and I live with my broke ass single father in Canberra so money isn't really something we have.
If I work some shitty job on weekends could I pay for it?
>>
>>3020985
>underage b&
>>
MtF here not on hormones or anything but wondering. If i go on hormones. what exactly will happen to my penis and balls? also my sex drive? i really enjoy my sex drive and masturbating and that. When i'm on hrt will i still be able to masturbate? or get horny? will it be worse orgasms? How hard is it to masturbate?
>>
>>3021041
also i really like my penis and balls i am not going to get srs as of now.. but i can't see into the future.
>>
>>3021041

Your balls will shrink, your penis might atrophy a little too (though the extent of this seems to vary and it's largely a case of "use it or lose it"). Eventually you'll go sterile.

Spontaneous erections stop, but you can still get it up when aroused.
>>
>>3021073
so if i use my penis like with masturbation and stuff it wont really atrophy?
>>
How do I learn to live with my born genitalia ?
I dont want to cut myself into pieces to end as trash of the street
>>
>>3020985
if you're insured you pay a small price a month, something like $5

>>3021080
yeah, once a week should be enough

>>3021145
You don't have to have srs anon.
>>
>>3021204
Then how do I learn to live my normal gender ?
>>
>>3021217
Therapy
>>
>>3021204
can i still masturbate every day ? or will it not work ?
>>
>>3021298
If you wanted to, you probably could. Sex drive takes a dive, though.
>>
I'm going to selfmed, what are the best tips for doing so? I kinda wanna do it first before seeing a therapist (Which I eventually do want to do) because going through that now will probably delay my hrt for a long time and I want to start asap. How do I know what dosage to do? If I have to get a blood test is there anything special I should ask for or is it just 1 blood test that tells you everything? Like is there a hormonal blood test or something
>>
is it more common for mtf to be attracted to men or woman? because i like men
>>
Is it advised, for someone who wants SRS, to masturbate often on HRT to prevent atrophy? I was told that more material often helps a better outcome.
>>
>>3021217
you dont. you live a shitty miserable life. the other 50% kill themselves. Id say its probably like 80% likely that you will attempt suicide.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.