[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does taking hrt remove your attraction to females and desire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1398631218980.jpg (281 KB, 1600x1064) Image search: [Google]
1398631218980.jpg
281 KB, 1600x1064
Does taking hrt remove your attraction to females and desire for sex?

I am doomed to be foreveralone and I'd rather not feel attracted to girls at all. Its coming to the point that when I see lewd images online I just get frustrated and sad.
>>
No and no.

HRT just gets rid of dysphoria and gives you boobs.
>>
>>5428846

Take an anti androgen. Spironolactone at 200 mg a day, bicalutamide at 25-50 mg a day, or cyproterone acetate 25-50 mg a day. That should lower your sex drive, be aware you'll be even more LOW TEST than you were before. Take them for a year, and come off them for 3-6 months for bone health, making a 15-18 month cycle.

Don't take estrogen, that's for girls, silly.
>>
>HRT just gets rid of dysphoria

>come off them for 3-6 months for bone health

>Don't take estrogen

How is it that there is so much wrong in such a tiny new thread

>>5428846
OP, HRT can/does reduce sex drive, but not for everyone necessarily. Some people don't notice, or the reduction is not significant, but some lose a lot of their sex drive. A little testosterone would improve your sex drive; women have some test, which plays a noticeable role in their sex drive, so if yours is at zero....

Also, I'm thinking that your depression is at least as significant as a reason for your lack of sex drive.
>>
>>5428846
Oh I read this as you already taking HRT and having low sex drive

In that case, depression is 100% of your problem and you should get off 4chan because it's only making things worse for you
>>
>>5428846
Yeah, hrt made me a faggot.
>>
I think a lot of people conflate sex drive with erections. You can still have a sex drive without them, anon.
>>
>>5428969
I might try this, thanks.

>>5428993
>>5428995
>depression

Well, I am depressed but getting off of 4chan isn't going to solve the problem. Nothing shy of winning the lottery is going to make me desirable...
>>
>>5429043
Well, no, it won't solve it. It'll just make things better. 4chan is just a retarded circle-jerk.

Not being depressed is, like, half of being desirable. Get out of the house, get some exercise, start eating better, and actually talk to some decent human beings.

You're probably not going to want to do those things, but if you want to get better you'll have to do them in spite of that fact.
>>
>>5429057
I cant do that. I'm in a .. rare and shitty situation. In a hole too deep to climb out of.
>>
>>5429086
Do tell
>>
>>5428846
Taking HRT for depression is a horrible idea. You're either a closet tranny or a retard for even considering this.
>>
>>5429092
Well It'll probably be a tl;dr so I'll try to consolidate it the best I can.

Basically I don't have any options or resources. I am a shut in (have been for over a decade now), I don't have any friends IRL or online because I'm socially retarded and just spent too much time isolated. The only family I have are my two parents who are alcoholics and refuse to help me get on my feet with money or transportation or anything. They hate me but are only letting me stay here in their house which also happens to be in the middle of nowhere. (The nearest "town" which consists of a super market and a gas station is over 30 miles away.) I have no money aside from the small amount I've made online and nothing to sell thats worth anything.

In my current situation I have two viable options. One of which is enlist and the second one is just leave and be homeless and try to survive.. which seems unlikely.
>>
>>5428846
Once I got boobs, boobs lost their appeal. I'm still kinda attracted to women, but not as much sexually. The only time a girl really catches my attention is if she is ungodly attractive. Before HRT I had a 75/25 attraction to girls and boys. It's about 50/50 with maybe a little tilt towards guys sometimes. That's just me though and YOM obvs
>>
>>5430079
YMMV*
>>
>>5428969
>bicalutamide
Won't drop your testosterone, just make it so it can't work it's magic on your cells.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.