[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTF help needed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: emerge.jpg (10 KB, 291x173) Image search: [Google]
emerge.jpg
10 KB, 291x173
Hello I am a gay male and recently made friends with a just out MTF. He ( I asked about preferred pronoun, as he is still male in appearance he chose he for now) does not really know wear to even get started and the lgbt group i am in does not seem to have the info either. What cam i tell him he needs to do, or were to go.
I cruise through a lot of the posts on here and know there is good info to be found. BUT having been on 4Chan myself for quite awhile, I also know it can be a toxic environment and did not want to just send him here, as he is just getting accustomed to talking to strangers about this.
I have to post and run for now, I have 5 lbs of caramels to make for christmas. but I will check back in later, and I appreciate any info you are able to help me with.
>>
If he has not started hormones yet, I would advise to just get basic stuff in fem cut (jean, t-shirt, ...), because what works and doesn't work with his body will change. And then experiment from there to get a sense of what his style is.

And also early MtF tend to like stupid things clothing-wise (like the stereotypical rainbow stockings...). Be honest if you think something he wears is retarded.

I think you should show him the board, it gives a truer perspective than many other places. The anonymous thing makes people honest, and not only in hate. Just tell him to lurk moar, and don't take everything at face value/personnaly.
>>
First off, thanks for asking PGPs. It's a small gesture but really appreciated.

Second, it's very easy to find androgynous clothing these days, which is what I did from 15-21. Skinny jeans are obvious, long drapey tops always look nice (and can give the illusion of a more even hip:shoulder ratio), unisex shoes are available and a very good option if your feet aren't too big, and I'd recommend a big comfy sweater for those days when you don't want anyone looking at your body. Getting your ears pierced is a fun activity/right of passage, and painting your nails can be a small subversive act, and you can even start with a clear coat if you're not confident enough to rock colored nails. Basic face makeup is a good place to start on makeup and you can be subtle about it while also doing minimal contouring to make your face appear more androgynous.

Good luck to your friend. You're a good person trying to help with this kind of stuff.
>>
I very much appreciate the above answers. although clothing and makeup is not the kind of info I am looking for, He does dress in female clothing sometimes and has done so in public. What he needs at this point is what kind of therapist or doctor should he see to start heading in the direction of transitioning ( I am aware it takes a long time)
I get the suggestion of sending him here as at some point I am sure it would be helpful, I don't think he is secure enough at this point to handle the level of toxicity I frequently see in these boards, This is why I offered to ask.
I also noticed there is a trans help general, would it be more prudent to go there to ask?
>>
>>5425767

Don't send him here. This place is by and large awful and I think we all know that we only use 4chan out of habit and internalized self loathing.

Is he a university student? If so he probably gets mental healthcare through the uni and should see someone and talk about it. Even just asking a professional where to find a gender therapist is a really good step.

The trans help general is a good resource. You can also look on reddit, I can't help you with specific subreddits but I'm sure there are good resources there too.
>>
>>5425597
>I have 5 lbs of caramels to make for christmas. but I will check back in later, and I appreciate any info you are able to help me with.
k mom, take care!
>>
>>5425597
hormones
qhi.co.uk
or inhousepharmacy.vu
or alldaychemist.com
200mg spironolactone, 2-4mg progynova daily
>>
>>5425810
>k mom, take care!
Hey Now, That's Betty Fuckin' Crocker to you ;)
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.