[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Whatevs.jpg (34 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
Whatevs.jpg
34 KB, 368x368
I'm writing a little novel (if it gets published, great. If not, not as great, but at least I accomplished something.) and one of the characters is going to be a transwoman (MtF, in case you're confused). I'm researching transgender people and the daily shit they have go through/deal with. I hate Tumblristas, so I'm asking you all to help me. If any of you have lived in conservative/religious households/societies, I'd love to know how you felt about it and whether or not you came out as trans to you're family and friends. Thanks in advance.
>>
File: bump1.jpg (15 KB, 200x160) Image search: [Google]
bump1.jpg
15 KB, 200x160
Shamless bump
>>
>>5415350
my gf is from the deep south and she's told me a lot about he experience. he family kicked her out when she came out and had to move into a house full of druggies and prostitute herself on the internet to pay for hormones without a prescription. There are not many docters around where she is from so getting one is a lot harder than it should be. One of her parents, who are divorced, suggested that she should move back in because the image of the perfect family is more important than making actual progress with you family. They still won't use her pronouns and name even though I've never met someone more gorgeous in my life tbqh. I'll tell her she should be a model and ask one of her family members for contacts. She says her anxiety is too much to handle it and it isn't for her. Besides she doesn't want to be the token tranny nor the black sheep in her family. We've both dealt with discrimination at work because of it but this is on another level in the south compared to the midwest. Despite all of this she works hard every day to better her life with the few friends and family members she has for support, her father being by far the largest support and most sympathetic to his beautiful daughter's lot in life. It's a dynamic that not a lot of trans-women have with their fathers.
>>
Mirrors are evil. All of them. Even if you are happy with your appearance a reflective surface can ruin your day in an instant if your eye catches it the wrong way.

The element of self doubt is big too. I have always felt the way I do but now that I am expressing myself I sometimes wonder if I am going off the deep end. I never thought I would wear makeup at home alone, but then I did. I never thought I would spend an hour shaving everything 3x a week, but then I did. I never though I would consider hormones, but then I was popping them out of their blisters every morning and night.

Perhaps express pushing the envelope as a concept or motif, and how it gets easier every time to conquer your fears, questioning if fear is another way to say self defense from mutilation on a cellular level.

Make the Tgirl just happy to be there but waiting for it all to end at the hand of a heartbroken chaser or hateful bigot.

My .02
>>
>>5415350
>always talks about itself
>if someone talks about their problems it sees it as a opportunity to vent about its problems
>If someone changes the subject to something else it changes the subject back to about them
>If people aren't talking it starts talking about itself
>Starts threads on internet forums to talk about itself
>If one mtf talks to another they don't really talk, but just exchange comments about themselves and their hardships
>Adds people from skype threads to talk about itself
>Dislikes chasers because they only want to talk about sex and not about them
>If someone starts talking about something completely different they will change the subject back to themselves using sentences like "Well, as a transwoman...".
>Says she has dysphoria from getting boners, faps shamelessly furiously almost every night.
>Has a bunch of asskissing orbiters who calls her "she" and boasts of how brave she is and how the state should fund her "medicine".
>Pretends she is a real woman and says things like "I am a real woman!" when debating.
>Thinks she is a real woman because some women are sterile.
>Threatens with suicide to get money for FFS from her parents
>Thinks a fake vagina is the same as a real vagina and can't fathom why it is gross from men to put their dick inside a mutilated penis
>Repressed homosexual effeminate bottom who can't reconcile being a boy and wanting to take cock in ass "Omg, I must be a woman!"

There!
>>
I live in the Deep South, but I (luckily) haven't had to deal with any insanely hateful or tragic stuff. My mom was very confused when I came out to her as trans. It upset her a lot and she took a long time to be somewhat comfortable with it. But she never rejected me for it. When I was a kid I felt like my dad was always disappointed in me for being effeminate and not really fitting in with the typical male social role. He was really masculine, captain of the football team, worked as a technician, always did yard work and fixed stuff around the house and built stuff. He died before I came out, but I think he would have been really let down more than anything, since I think he really wanted a son but he never really had one
>>
She kills herself
>>
>>5415628
This

Good luck with the book OP

I may have to check it out if it works out
>>
>>5415939
>all this salt

>>5415628
This is... a very good representation actually. Good job, anon.
>>
>>5415628
I recognized myself in that, nice...

Sometime the mirror is also a good place. As much as suck "see a man" in the mirror even if its just the angle/light/..., somedays you get a huge ego boost from just seeing that you've kindof made it, and you look fine. (>inb4 non-passer whining )

Also for the story, make it so, even though she now enjoys life and has something to lose, she thinks of suicide as a legit solution to grave problems, because for much of her life, it wasn't really worth it to continue.

And put a lewd scene in it please writer-senpai...
>>
>>5415628
>>5415939
OP should just make two characters. Might be interesting to have two completely different trans characters.
>>
>>5418580
make them hate each other and themselves to be super authentic.

Make it known when they are happy about little things like being properly gendered.
Try and show the intense isolation that they feel when around cis-women and around trans-folk, it's isolating even to be in one's own company, when you feel your blood slowly dissolving away your identity and with it any chance to have a "normal" life.

They should have hobbies that tend to avoid the subject. But if they are into girly things it sometimes comes with "Is it me that wants this, or is it society that makes me wish to conform?" Or "Is this girly enough?" always followed by a twisted sense of not knowing what seems to be second nature to everyone else.
>>
father was very controlling...
>>
>>5419091
This anon gets it.
>>
>>5415350
It entirely depends on where you live, and how you look.
If you're the average guy, it's gonna be harder, no matter what. If you're small framed, with a feminine base, it's gonna be a lot easier.

If you're writing about somebody that can't pass, I imagine they'd face some discrimination, and never feel like they belong among other women, and women will subtly show them that they don't belong, putting the trans woman in a different "class" than she puts other women. They'll obviously also feel disgusted with themselves all the time, and practically always be hopeless of a good future, unless they're autistic... But if they're autistic you're probably better off studying autistic people.

If you're writing about somebody that passes, then it's basically like other women, just that she may feel scared about being outed, and some dysphoria about stuff like genitalia. Obviously, it also depends on if she's living as "openly" trans, or if she's put in effort to be stealth.

>If any of you have lived in conservative/religious households/societies, I'd love to know how you felt about it
Some added shame, of course, and possibly feeling even more alone and hopeless, since you never be exposed to somebody that doesn't fit into the norm, and you'll not even know it exists as TV and internet access will be restricted.
When you get older you'll figure that stuff out though, since you get more exposure when you have to go outside of the conservative "society", unless you live in like some really large area where they're all super conservative.
>>
>>5419481
>it's basically like other women
I think it's a bit simplistic. I mean, it's probably okay if the character is not very important . Or if we don't get to read about their toughts. (Or if truth of narration is not the main focus - it's fiction after all). Otherwise the trans stuff comes into play even if passing, as described by >>5415628 >>5419091 and others.
>>
>>5419624
The first one is early transition, and for somebody that doesn't pass.
>>
File: Spec_Ops_The_Line.jpg (310 KB, 800x540) Image search: [Google]
Spec_Ops_The_Line.jpg
310 KB, 800x540
>>5415939
A repressed MtF Trans that shitposts on the internet would be an interesting character choice!
>>
>>5415350
Sounds like a good idea
Maybe I'll read it some day if it gets published
>>
>>5415350
heyy
>>
>>5419120
go back to the drednaught Oryx

fun fact

Oryx in destiny used to be a female and became male after eating a worm

i shit you not
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.