[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you respond?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: i-hate-myself.jpg (95 KB, 851x315) Image search: [Google]
i-hate-myself.jpg
95 KB, 851x315
I am bi and back in November a dear friend and I stopped talking. I tried my damnedest to figure out why he no longer wanted to talk but would never give a reason. A neighbor that I frequently chat with told me he was talking to my old buddy. I said be nice and went about my life. They have been chatting and my old friend dropped a bomb on him and that neighbor came to me for help since he knew I stilled cared for my old friend. I read the text he showed me and it does indeed fill in a lot of the blanks that my friend left in our relationship. The other part, even to me, is rather heart breaking.

He ends it with saying "I'd give anything to be straight. I don't hate what I am, Just hate what I am not"

To me, it explains his drinking and his drug abuse and why things may have gotten tense when I tried to stand in and help him seek help. Obviously, my old friend and I are through but I ask only since my neighbor came to me for help. Even if I am not speaking my my old buddy, that one line explains so much to me that I want to just jump in and try talking to him again. I know he wouldn't take it well though.

How would you respond to that?
>>
Can't save everybody, OP.
>>
Do you think he had a crush on you or something?
>>
>>5411723

I am Bi. We were a little closer than friends. More than a few times hes gone quiet. He eventually told me that when he feels he gets to close to someone, he pushes away. It happened on and off while we knew each other. Eventually, this November, he called it off for good. When I asked why he was pushing away again, he said we are done, through, he doesn't want to speak again. I've always been there for him. My neighbor says he calls me an asshole. I don't see why. Any time we were together, we were both all smiles and laughing.

seeing that text from my neighbor though, hurts. It explains so many questions that I wanted answers for.
>>
>>5411786
I think you should call him up and talk with him. He needs some help
>>
>>5411828

I tried calling him back before he called it off for good and part of him pushing me away for good was him telling me that he blocked my number. I knew he had a drinking problem. He would never tell me why he drank though. Now I know. We don't talk anymore but now more than ever I wish I could just give him a hug.
>>
>>5411664
>>5411786
>>5411870
Do you ever see him about town?
>>
>>5412879
I drive by where he works almost daily. We pass each other on the road a lot. Beyond that, not really.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.