[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many detransitioners are out there, really?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: images-3.jpg (10 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images-3.jpg
10 KB, 275x183
Seriously, the only stories I find are from late-transitioning hons and kids in their 20s.
>>
>>5393754
It's hard to measure, because these people reassimilate into the general population and can't really be tracked. Any statistics you can find will be horribly biased (like a 1% detransition rate or something dumb like that).

The only hard number we have is that 75-80% of pre-pubescant kids with transgender feelings lose them during puberty. It has been speculated that hons have a pretty high detransition rate as well, because it's hard to give up all that sweet sweet male privilege to be a manlady freak for life.

The only demographic I'm aware has reasonably low detransition rates are people who started puberty-mid twenties, but this is probably my personal bias from being in this demographic and knowing many within it.

tl;dr who the fuck knows, sorry for wasting your time
>>
The vast majority of detransitioners are "FTM" who went through the hole chest binding phase but found out they get less attention as men.
>>
>>5393754
De-transitioning is supposedly pretty rare, but I think the statistics are incomplete. Trans statistics in general are sort of poor.

I know one person that scaled back their transition from FtM to NB (mostly male presenting). And... no one else. Come to, I should probably talk to them again soon. It's been a long time.
>>
>>5393800
lol so true
>>
>>5393754
>The only hard number we have is that 75-80% of pre-pubescant kids with transgender feelings lose them during puberty.
I believe that statistic is based on a very broad definition of "transgender feelings".
>>
>>5393778
>It's hard to measure, because these people reassimilate into the general population and can't really be tracked
this is trans statistics in a nutshell desu
>>
>>5394105
basically gender no conformity kid, the terfs used that study (with many flaws) for the argument of "trans movement are converting our gay youth :(".
>>
My understanding of detransitioning is that people get dysphoric enough to transition, then just puss out and detransition because it's hard and lonely.

>there's no factual evidence or studies on this; every statement in this thread is an opinion :^)
>>
>>5396064
My understanding is that happens, then after a bit they get back on hormones, then they keep oscillating back and forth before killing themselves
>>
>>5396070
They should really just make euthanasia a treatment option. I'd do it.
>>
>>5396135
don't need assistance for that desu
>>
I know right?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.