[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trans help.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 560x560
So here's my story. Over the weekend I was hanging out with my Transgendered friend (Man to Woman). "She" has been undergoing estrogen therapy for about 8 months now. I have noticed some big changes in her and most notably in her attitude, she has gotten really feminine and has started getting mood swings. The mood swings is what gets to me, for in the past my friend used to be chill and generally thoughtful in any situation. Now I feel that I have to guard my tongue lest I trigger her emotions. Last Saturday my friend and I sat in a bar and get drunk, we started arguing (can't remember why, think it may have had to do with bar fight scenarios) next thing I know she slaps me in the face. I was shocked, then pissed, so I immediately let her feel pain from the back of my hand.... I feel awful about the whole thing and feel that I have had enough of her new personality. I can't be the only person whose faced similar difficulties. How have others handled hormone replacement therapy? -Sincerely a 25 year old straight man.
>>
>>5361226
I'm going to go into super low detail on the rest of this, but don't get drunk with your friend. Her liver's under enough stress already.

Unfortunately, her emotions are going to be a mess for a while. She's still learning to deal with being expected to have and express her feelings, and an unfamiliar hormone profile to go with. Some time in the next year she's likely going to start on progesterone, and that will exacerbate the situation.

So... Might not have to "walk on egg shells", but realize you're dealing with someone whose emotional profile is more in line with a teen's (and one under heavy stress, at that) than a 20-something's.
>>
Guess I'll entertain myself while I'm here. Like the picture? I found it in a place called efukt, don't go there. Next plan, maybe a /b/tard will give this some attention.
>>
>>5361301
This board is pretty slow. Come back in an hour we might have some more answers
>>
>>5361226
She's just adjusting to running on estrogen instead of testosterone
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 960x774) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 960x774
>>5361300
Progesterone? I guess I have a lot to educate myself on. Thank you for enlightening me.
>>
>>5361331
Yes, will do.
>>
>>5361226
>The mood swings is what gets to me, for in the past my friend used to be chill and generally thoughtful in any situation. Now I feel that I have to guard my tongue lest I trigger her emotions
Tell her this, maybe she is being hypersensitive and can come to her senses. Or maybe she is just being hormonal, or maybe a bit of both.
>>
File: 1447234042155.jpg (53 KB, 485x234) Image search: [Google]
1447234042155.jpg
53 KB, 485x234
I've always been extremely guarded in terms of my emotions and even after a year of estrogen i wasn't in full control, its just harder to adapt to especially in a short amount of time. She def shouldn't be slapping you, estrogen makes me sad and a crybaby not a rage slapper.
>>
going on hrt is like going through puberty again. If you've ever been around a teenage girl, it's basically like that. Give her a year to get her shit under control. Hopefully she's mature enough to get a handle on the emotions faster than the first puberty.
>>
thank god i don't have any friends and only want to slap faceless anons from time to time
>>
>>5361393
>I've always been extremely guarded in terms of my emotions and even after a year of estrogen i wasn't in full control, its just harder to adapt to especially in a short amount of time
Oh god, this. I always thought I was a really stable person. In retrospect I think I was just horribly depressed because I'm super emotional on HRT
>>
anger is one thing, actual violent behavior is something else and completely intolerable.

if she is going around slapping people, then she is evidently dangerous. and if she can't help it, that's all the more reason to stay away (at least out of arm's reach, if not across town).

zero regard for loose cannon bitches who throw their hands around like it's somehow acceptable behavior. that shit will and should rightfully undermine any affection you might have.
>>
Sorry op sounds like you are friends with an immature person with poor self awareness. You see other trans people like myself actually have a few grains of self awareness to not act like retards and totally change our personality cause "now were a girl and girls slap boys cause im a girl tee hee" "I have JUST HAVE SUCH BAD MOOD SWINGS NOW cause im a girl and girls have moodswings cause of periods and omg hrt I have no control its JUST WHAT GIRLS DO THEY HAVE MOOD SWINGS". This is the retarded validation seeking path your friend is taking.

They want to have mood swings because its different and they don't like themselves so they will do lots of dumb shit to be "different' than their old self. Not to mention... if shes an attention whore typep trans then she just wants pity and drama and attention from everone cause shes narcissitic.
>>
>>5361443
Nope its not at all like being a teenage girl cause I am a 22 year old adult not a fucking teenage girl and I act like an adult not a fucking teenager just because I have estrogen instead of testosterone. Just stfu with this "puberty" shit. I find it so disgusting when old fucking men say "im basically like a teenage girl now cause im going through puberty because of estrogen". No you fucking aren't. Stfu.
>>
>>5361466
Please be in London.
>>
>>5361226
>tranny behave badly
>it's just part of being a woman!
This is why TERFs don't like you
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.