[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, what are your opinions on Transsexuals? Should their healthcard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 9QOARRp.jpg (56 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
9QOARRp.jpg
56 KB, 512x512
Hey, what are your opinions on Transsexuals? Should their healthcard say the real gender of the individual? Should people have the right to turn the down based on their identity? As a straight man, am I no longer straight if I am attracted to someone other than female? Discuss.
>>
>>5293557
We have this thread every day. Nothing productive will come from having it again.
>>
>>5293569

Do you? I'm sorry, first time here. I'm only curious bud.
>>
>>5293557
>Should their healthcard say the real gender of the individual?
Not sure how I feel this one. It should indicate their desired gender, but I'm not sure if it should indicate that they're trans or not

>Should people have the right to turn the down based on their identity?
No. No one should have the right to refuse service to someone based on their belonging to a certain demographic

>As a straight man, am I no longer straight if I am attracted to someone other than female?
Don't think of it in terms of just being attracted to males and females. Think about your attraction to masculine and feminine aspects of a person. If you're attracted to femininity then you're straight. It's ridiculous to think you're attracted to men because you find a passing trans woman sexy
>>
>>5293590

I think I meant to say turned down in regards to a dating stance. Does your point still stand?
>>
>>5293616
Depends. If she's post-op then for all practical purposes she's just an infertile woman. If she still has the D then you could both awkwardly ignore it during sex, which happens sometimes when guys find out their gf is trans but keep the relationship going anyway. If the penis starts getting involved in sex then that's kinda gay
>>
Whats a healthcard? Insurance card or someshit? Should say whatever they are born as with list of meds or whatever because its fucking medical. Dating one that has a moustache is gay dating one with korean breast implants is straight. Everyone needs to relax.
>>
>>5293575
No, it's not your first time here. Fuck off with your fucking bait, you're killing this board with your shit.
>>
>>5293557

>Hey, what are your opinions on Transsexuals?
We're great.

It should show the person's legal gender, yes.
Because the card is an identifier, not a medical document. The profile it can be used to access contains meaningful medical information, and should certainly include any pertinent information, but the card itself?

Legal name, medical insurance number, birth date, legal gender, issue/expire date, and a photo are plenty.

You have the right to turn someone down because they have a goofy laugh - how's someone going to deny you the right to turn someone down for any other quality? If you're not rude about it, you won't even be an asshole doing it.

>As a straight man, am I no longer straight if I am attracted to someone other than female?
I'm not going to go into the long medical literature about our developing understanding of sex, and all the myriad complications of gender.

Instead I'll just say that as long as you're attracted to a woman, you're probably not gay. And if you're also not attracted to men, calling yourself bi would be strikingly disingenuous and communicatively useless.

>Discuss.

I'm good. I've done that until my fingers were tired twice already today.
>>
>>5293557
What the fuck is a healthcard?
>>
>>5293881
Here in Canada-land, at least, that's the colloquial term for our provincial Health Insurance Plan cards.
>>
>>5293898
Oh. Then no, it should be the legal gender. Then the trans person can tell their doctor the specific details if they need to know.
>>
File: 1448469618415.png (572 KB, 2008x2226) Image search: [Google]
1448469618415.png
572 KB, 2008x2226
>>5293557
Biological first, then preferred.

Absolutely.

This is a can of worms right here. Personally, I'm in a relationship with a MtF. I can have sex with everyone under the sun, but I could not have a relationship with a straight up man, or a man in drag. I'm definitely straight in the grand scheme of things, but to people who just don't understand sexual orientation or preferred genders, or what have you, I'm just gay. Is it dumb? Yeah. Will it change? Probably not. At the end of the day, I'm happy, my girlfriend is happy, and that's all I care about.
>>
>>5293590
There are physiological differences between men and women. Healthcard should have real gender on it
>>
>>5298529
So, what determines real gender? I have XX cells in my body. I respond to drugs just like a female would.
>>
File: 1448124989288.jpg (84 KB, 441x559) Image search: [Google]
1448124989288.jpg
84 KB, 441x559
So just right now I'm watching the episode of It's Always Sunny where Mac freaks out that the tranny got the surgery and got married. I just think the whole trans-trend we are facing in society will pass, hopefully with more respect for ACTUAL transgender people and the whole non-binary/genderqueer/"Gendur uh soczul construt" shit shutting up and fucking off.

The former group I can respect but the latter just really bugs me. Its really fucking obnoxious. We don't have to "smash the binary" just because some tomboy doesn't fit all her gender stereotypes. In fact, MOST people regardless of their sex and gender, don't 100% fit all the gender stereotypes.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.