[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw even Nintendo mocks you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Birdo.jpg (25 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Birdo.jpg
25 KB, 400x300
>tfw even Nintendo mocks you
>>
Wii game Captain Rainbow seeks to capitalise on this confusion by making Birdo the centre of one of your first quests. Birdo needs your help getting "her" out of jail, after the fuzz - convinced she's a he - lock her up for using the women's bathroom. And the only way you can get her out? Go find some "evidence that I'm a woman"Which of course means going to her house. Then finding that her pillow's vibrating. Then lifting up the pillow to find...something. Whatever it is, it's censored, but it's under her pillow, it's vibrating, then you get a little message saying "Proof that the owner is a woman".
>>
>>6569183
>Birdo needs your help getting "her" out of jail, after the fuzz - convinced she's a he - lock her up for using the women's bathroom.
Nintendo predicted 2016 America. Nice.
>>
>>6569183

>Whatever it is, it's censored, but it's under her pillow, it's vibrating, then you get a little message saying "Proof that the owner is a woman".

Lol, what the fuck? Why is Nintendo so obsessed with trannies?
>>
>>6569164
do all mtf's spit eggs from their mouths?
>>
>>6569435
A combination of crossdressing being a significant part of Japanese culture and also the whole archipelago being super transphobic and heteronormative.
>>
File: PMTTYD_beldam_otoko.png (359 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
PMTTYD_beldam_otoko.png
359 KB, 640x480
>>6569435
n the Japanese version of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Vivian is a transgender girl. Other characters, as well as narrative text, describe Vivian using masculine terms such as otoko "man", and otōto "little brother".[2][3][4][5] However, Vivian initially describes the shadow sirens as san shimai "three sisters",[2] and routinely uses the feminine first person pronoun atai. This continues in Super Paper Mario; Vivian's catch card describes her using the term otoko no ko "boy".[6]

In the English and German localisations of the game, all masculine descriptions of Vivian are removed, and she is portrayed as a cisgender girl. Consequently, the nature of some of Beldam's insults towards Vivian was altered, as they originally focused on her masculinity. However, all other localised versions of the game retain the transgender portrayal.
>>
>>6569487
you should have just said normal
>>
>>6569495
You should figure that maybe you're fucked up if you consider Japan normal.
>>
>>6569490
>and she is portrayed as a cisgender girl

Unless the game explicitly goes out of its way to say that she is cis, was raised as a girl, and assigned female gender at birth, that is false.
Sort of weird that something like that is in a game like that. I mean something that you'll know will be considered the equivalent of having someone in a Mario game say Sissy Faggot to a gay character.
>>
>>6569442
Yes.
>>
>>6569442
Suggest a better way how we can kill Mario.
>>
>>6569529
Fucking TERFs don't even let us kill cis scum..
>>
>>6569676
But I was talking about the Lederhosen and Frog Legs translations of the game.
>>
>>6569183
>>6569490
Nintendo are proper cheeky cunts. They made Birdo's voice in that game low and rumbling.
>>
>>6569164
me on the left
>>
Nintendo brings the banter since 1980s
>>
>>6569529
Bore him to death with your 'do I pass' threads?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.