[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No Dogs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: man and dog.jpg (17 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
man and dog.jpg
17 KB, 400x266
No offense to the dog lovers here, but I'm a gay guy who largely cannot stand to be around dogs, simply because they have no sense of personal space or boundaries, they're often loud, they lick, and they easily start to stink. I can take them in small doses, but live with them... never.

My problem is I keep falling in love with dog lovers, but I can never bring myself to move in with one, which pretty much destroys the relationship, I don't mind cats, birds, lizards, fish, whatever, I just cannot and will not live with a dog and every gay guy I fall for is attached to his dog at the hip, it's annoying.

Anyone else here not a fan of dogs or have this problem?
>>
>>6556548
> Anyone else here not a fan of dogs or have this problem?
I have two cats, I think the rest is self explanatory.
>>
File: 1466642479286.jpg (14 KB, 213x255) Image search: [Google]
1466642479286.jpg
14 KB, 213x255
I know your no-likey-doggy feels, OP, although I haven't had a serious relationship derailed by my partner's pet preferences.
But I figure it's only a matter of time before you meet someone you're into who doesn't have a dog. And in the future, get a bit more upfront about this preference if it's that important to you. I think you can safely say dog owners aren't your type.
>>
>>6556548
Yeah. When I was a little kid, my dad was a bit of an alcoholic. He even broke my arm once on accident, hitting me in anger...
He got a job staying at this hotel over the winter, making sure it stayed in good shape and could open up just fine, come summer. We got to all stay there the whole while, it seemed nice at first but these weird scary things kept happening.

Well anyway, I once looked in a room to see this incredibly creepy sight. A man sitting on a bed, getting blown by this freaky guy in a dog suit, it was incredibly terrifying. Since then, I've hated dogs. Wasn't the worst thing to happen that winter either... let's just say that hotel didn't open up again.
>>
>>6556548
>don't mind cats
Cats are an instant deal breaker imo, if not because of the disgusting cat shit box cat owners have at their house and the cat hair on all their clothes and furniture then because cat owners always have artsy, beta fuckboy personalities. I like my dog because I take him on hikes and running with me, can't do that shit with a cat.
>>
All these 1st world country meme dog """owners""" need to realise they are vicious creatures and should walk the streets alone in Eastern Europe if they fancy dogs so much. They'll quickly change their tune.
>>
>>6556548
You'll have to take the role of a dog if you want to live with a dog lover but not actually like them having a dog.
>>
>>6556609
>hitting me in anger...

He was actually grabbing you by the arm to whip you around to spank you.

You were so close ;)
>>
>>6556662
Well he was angry when he did it. It was his anger that made his grab too forceful.
>>
>>6556548
No, and luckily I don't have this problem (being around shitskins)
>>
File: 1447334551911.jpg (136 KB, 546x700) Image search: [Google]
1447334551911.jpg
136 KB, 546x700
>>6556844
>>>/Pol/
Here you go, shithead
>>
File: thumbs up.gif (2 MB, 298x480) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.gif
2 MB, 298x480
>>6556943
You sure told him! Way to go!
>>
File: 610819643.gif (2 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
610819643.gif
2 MB, 300x200
>>6556844
Yup, sandniggers and ordinary niggers are either terrified of dogs or loathe them or both. It's hilarious seeing people walking with large white dogs in daylight and seeing all the ghettospooks and sandspooks walk way out of the way or look extremely annoyed or frightened, hahahahaha. Crucifixion and other torturous treatment of dogs and cats is an ordinary pastime for pisslamicysts, unsurprisingly. It is ironic though, considering (if it's true) that their prophet muhhamharammad supposedly had a dog who he was quite fond of and he's supposed to be their ideal of the perfect human to aspire to emulate. If he bathed in his own feces they'd imitate that, but apparently anything less than loathing canines is taking it much too far and is absolutely hahram.
>>
>>6556988
He had a cat, not a dog. Dogs are unclean. Cats are holy before Allah (and all gods, quite frankly).
>>
File: 25109954.jpg (11 KB, 281x266) Image search: [Google]
25109954.jpg
11 KB, 281x266
it triggers the shit outta edgemeisters, but the litmus test of one's adoration/like/dislike/hatred of dogs/cats/pets and animals in general or their indifference and leaning one way or another is generally a useful tool for identifying shitty people
I once spoke with someone who was deathly fearful of dogs from a bad experience as a kid but didn't hate them and even they had admitted that although there are terrible people who hate animals and terrible people who adore animals, the worst of them are usually the former, tippitytopkekek
>>
>>6557068
You mean the latter, right?
>>
>>6557075
eye could cair less witch won too bee quiet sinsear
>>
>>6556548
This. I've broken up with guys because of thier annoying ass dogs. Jumping or barking or nuzzling at you for hours. Also several times when just getting to know a guy broke it off immediately when he said he loves dogs and needs one. In his life always.

>>6556613
Cats are fine because of exactly what you said. They don't do shit. And if the dude's cat is nasty then it's easy to realize the dude is nasty and doesn't clean properly. People more often than not don't clean the litter box properly (often enough or well enough) but if you go to a guys place with a cat and everything is always clean and smells nice you have boyfriend material.
>>
>>6556988
We family owns a black great dane, my mother usually lets her run around free for whatever reason. One day when she was walking her pass the park there was a group of a dozen somali refugees playinh ball there. Our dog is pretty docile most of the time due to age but seeing others play can trigger her mood, and she really likes footballs. So the dog starts to rush down towards them and they get scared like hell and sprint away in the other direction.
>>
I have two dogs and two cats. They are more or less everything for me. Any guy who wants to date me has to accept that my pack is my family, and if wants to be part of my life, he had to accept that or fuck off.
>>
>>6556548
thats fucking disgusting
>>
>>6557722
>my pack
you're a furry, aren't you?
>>
>>6557159
>Cats are fine because of exactly what you said. They don't do shit. And if the dude's cat is nasty then it's easy to realize the dude is nasty and doesn't clean properly.

>THIS
so much

Cats are a lot easier to clean up after, so if a dude with a cat has a dirty home it says something about him, not the cat. Dogs are dirty as fuck. I'm a neat freak and have dealt with dogs and was repulsed by some of what they do. The fact is cats are a lot cleaner than dogs.

You might as well get a child if you get a dog because at least it will grow up to speak and not just be a constant stink and annoyance. Dos are perpetual messes that basically stay the same, at least a kid will grow.
>>
>>6556548
I've never understood why someone would want a dog as a pet, I've taken care of peoples' dogs for money before, but there's nothing enjoyable about it other than the cash.

Dogs are huge nuisances. I see where they come in handy in rural areas if you're a hunter or if you lived a century or two ago and lived off the land, but having a dog just for a pet is absolutely ridiculous.
>>
I don't particularly like guys with dogs because they tend to be normalfags.

I don't like cats because I'm allergic to them.
>>
People who can't stand dogs are trash, and it's always something like in the OP: a neurotic obsession with personal space and hospital-grade cleanliness. It bespeaks an unwholesome and unfeasible insistence upon absolute control over one's life and surroundings. Meanwhile the suggestion of cats or lizards as an appropriate substitute reveals a personality so set upon having 'a relationship on my own terms' that they torpedo the chance of any real bonding. I pity anyone who's never experienced the pure joy of catching your dog observing you in mundane tasks, wondering what his precious human is doing.

>>6556618

Maybe if you weren't from such a backwards Slavic shithole, I wouldn't have to explain to you how retarded it is to indict dog ownership based on the behaviour of dogs that aren't fucking owned by anyone.
>>
>>6562682
>that aren't fucking owned by anyone
Neither are some cats, cows, pigs, or many other animals, yet they do not immediately attack humans when a human is not the leader of their pack.

>Meanwhile the suggestion of cats or lizards as an appropriate substitute reveals a personality so set upon having 'a relationship on my own terms' that they torpedo the chance of any real bonding.
You must be joking right? A relationship with a dog is the least mutual you can have as you basically have someone that does as he's told because of the pack mentality.
>>
>>6562761
>Neither are some cats, cows, pigs, or many other animals, yet they do not immediately attack humans when a human is not the leader of their pack.

Yeah wild dogs are more dangerous than domesticated herbivores I agree. Still has fuck-all to do with domesticated dogs, and since I don't live in Slaviland where people just abandon their pets, I don't have to worry about domesticated dogs turning into wild dogs.

>A relationship with a dog is the least mutual you can have as you basically have someone that does as he's told because of the pack mentality.

Just because a hierarchical relationship doesn't fit your bullshit modern egalitarian ideals doesn't mean it's not mutual. If mutualism is defined by exchange then it's much more mutual than the mutual ignoring that goes on between a man and just about any other pet.
>>
>>6562855
Yeah, it was a bit unfair to me to bash on dog lovers, but only do it because they do not have indifference towards other pets, but rather a disdain towards objectively more instictively docile animals. There are just so many bad experiences I've had with dogs, including my own parents' new dogs because I simply was a stranger to them. On the other hand, I've not have to fear of other pets attacking me.

>If mutualism is defined by exchange then it's much more mutual than the mutual ignoring that goes on between a man and just about any other pet.
Gonna have to disagree with you here, our Cat that belonged to our former neighbours approached us because they got a dog and has been with us since we moved as well (with his former owner's consent, of course). He follows us a lot of the time, sleeps with us at night, and when we're in different places in the house sort of visits each one in turn. He's free to go outside when he wants and seems pretty happy with us. Just because he can have his own time and does his own things doesn't mean the affection we have isn't genuine or is somehow less than that of you and your dog.
>>
I like dogs but what annoys me about dog lovers is that they treat their dog like it's a human. Used to go out with a guy who was exactly like this. He even called his dog our "baby". And constantly talking about the dog.

Then again cats smell like piss. But at least cat owners don't build their entire life around the cat.
>>
My parents started a dog rescue shelter. I had a great dane, german shepherd, rottweiler, border collie, pitbull, and a ducking toller all at the same time. I was a 110 lb girl trying to take care of a 200 lb great dane. It was ridiculous.
>>
People who dislike dogs are fucking autistic.
>>
>>6556548
http://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/pets/dogs/health/poisoning/common
>if would-be bf has a garden, feed the dog a shitton of slug pellets and sprinkle the remainder around the garden; "oh no I put some slug pellets down, I didn't know woofie would eat them"
>if would-be bf does not have a garden, feed the dog a shitton of ibuprofen and then make it look like the dog got into the medicine cabinet; "oh no I must have left the door open when I was in a rush this morning"
alternatively
http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/getting-a-dog-or-puppy/general-advice-about-caring-for-your-new-puppy-or-dog/puppy-environment/house-and-garden-plants-poisonous-to-dogs/
>buy would be bf a beautiful houseplant gift, then feed the dog a shitton of the houseplant and then knock the plant onto the floor to make it look like the dog knocked it over
bonus: if he doesn't blame you for the dog's death, you can be his shoulder to cry on, if he does, well it wasn't going to work out with him anyway because he had a dog
>>
who here /hate animals/ in general
maybe hate is a strong word
but you just don't care to live with them

unfortunately most gay dudes wind up getting a pet anyways to deal with their loneliness so you essentially have to just deal unless you want an even smaller dating pool
>>
>>6556836
Also there is the subtext that he was molesting you
>>
File: 3-37547.jpg (18 KB, 285x190) Image search: [Google]
3-37547.jpg
18 KB, 285x190
>>6557159
>it's easy to realize the dude is nasty and doesn't clean properly.
And he's cheap. For like $30 you can get a kitty litter tray with a hood, door and carbon filter so you can't even smell it.
"Schmookins doesn't like it, he only wants an open kitty litter train". Well you should train Schmookins a little bit better then, shouldn't you?
Cats are also great because if they're being dicks you can just hook your hands under their front legs and hold them dangling at arm's length until they stop being dicks
>>
If you're vocal against dogs, we can't be friends. Simple as that.
Dog owners like dogs because they do shit with you, they like to hang out, and you can give him big ole hugs.
People hate dogs because they're autistic and uptight. 'Oh, God, it TOUCHED me!' sorta prisses.
>>
I love dogs, especially big ol doofus dogs.
I was jumped by a golden retriever when I was four and had a terrible fright for big dogs. Even to this day I can be jumpy around them but I learn so much about myself around dogs.
There's a guy with a big bay retrieve in the neighborhood and the dog is such a sweetheart. He loves playing with footballs and when I scratch his chest he lays down on his back to "surrender" for me.
I think the dog picked up on my uncertainty at first and just wanted to show that "hey, I'm a cool guy I don't bite". That's what I love about dogs, they can learn stuff to you like being more secure if you are willing to "listen".
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.