[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HRT and Baldness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: Professor_X_03.jpg (26 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Professor_X_03.jpg
26 KB, 300x400
So everyone knows that taking female hormones in addition to ant androgens helps to regrow hair from male pattern baldness, but is this just hair follicles changing from vellus to normal hairs? Or is there some kind of change to or activation of the hair follicles? Maybe if some one has non-mpb baldness such as from infection or scratching hormones wont do shit? And to what extent of loss are you fucked? Most trannies say the crown grows back but fuck all on the hairline. Have any trannys here regrown bald spots?
>>
>>6532403
Background: In addition to cyproterone and estradiol, I am also taking dutasteride and minoxidil. My entire hair loss was around and behind the temples, and started fifteen years ago. The loss was moving past stage II of the typical pattern male alopecia as of starting HRT (and finasteride) in December of last year.

Over the course of the following 4 months most of the last year's hair loss reversed, although the hairs were much sparser than before in the recovered area. I started minoxidil at that point, and the regrowth area began to fill in better, but did not expand by much. As of last month, I switched to dutasteride and much the same thing can be said about the last 4 years of hair loss, now. More than my original hairline has begun filling in with baby hairs, also. They don't describe a typical cis girl's hairline, but they're reaching my temple, which is close enough. If they mature at least to the point of being wispy, soft, short hairs (that are still a couple inches long), then for all intents and purposes my hairline will be sorted.

Wish me luck!
>>
>>6532507
>started fifteen years ago
holy shit are you older than CFH???
>>
>>6532507
minoxidil is poison, don't take it
source: me taking it for 2 years
if you're going to wear a wig, at least make it a normal wig not a chemical one
>>
>>6532640
>minoxidil = chemical wig
Wow, i heard about people very rapidly loosing their hair after they stopped taking it
>>
>>6532607
Some people are already going bald in their teens, sadly.
I was spared. No MPB at all even in my mid thirties. Maybe a positive effect of my interrupted early transition but I don't really know.
>>
>>6532666
Isn't mpb genetic?
>>
>>6532671
Largely, and it runs in my family so it did worry me. I have a cousin who was already at stage V when he was 18...
>>
>>6532607
Not quite. Hair loss started at about 16.

Obviously it progressed slowly (for which I'm grateful), but having a worse hairline year after year left me a lot heartbroken.

>>6532640
Care to share the rest of your info? What else is (or is not) acting on your hair?
>>
>balding at any point in your life
Give up son, you weren't meant to be a woman.
>>
>>6532958
>weren't meant
I am a rape victim. I was raped by testosterone. You are saying i was meant to be raped. fuck you, i want justice.
>>
>>6532980
Death penalty for your testes.
>>
>>6532507

Which one is stronger against DHT?
Finasteride oder dutasteride?
>>
File: fuckme.jpg (190 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
fuckme.jpg
190 KB, 1080x720
I just realized my hair is starting to recede, how fucked am I?
(I'm starting HRT next week.)
>>
I'm 25 with no close family history of male pattern baldness, however I did lose a prominent amount of hair at the temples. Since starting HRT three months ago my hairline has advanced half an inch and the temples are growing back in full. Also I rarely lose hair in the shower now unlike before.

5mg Finasteride daily
10mg EV IM weekly
50mg Bicalutamide daily
20,000mcg Biotin daily

No minoxidil.
>>
>>6536888
Your hair looks perfectly fine.
>>
File: 102094751209.jpg (1 MB, 2040x1352) Image search: [Google]
102094751209.jpg
1 MB, 2040x1352
>>6532980
>I am a rape victim.
About as much as any girl is for being tall or big boned
>You are saying i was meant to be raped.
balding is genetic my man
>>
>>6536911
Thanks anon that makes me feel slightly better.
>>
>>6536888
not at all
>>
>>6536896
i guess i need to take more fin and bica
shit
>>
>>6537017
My dermatologist said 1mg has been shown to sufficiently stop MPB.

5mg will nuke any DHT in your body, though. That's why my endo prescribed it.
>>
>>6537043
yeah i'm not legit (well except for fin, but not as a tranny)
did you start them all at once?
>>
>>6537063
I was on 1mg fin and different estrogen/AA medication about a month before starting this new regimen. I was still seeing a lot of new hair growth then.
>>
>>6537085
ah. i guess i'm just fucked then
>>
>>6536888
That's a normal scalp, you fucking mong.
>>
Will taking finasteride with cypro be a problem? I am currently on 25mg cypro.
>>
File: 1htetg.jpg (467 KB, 1599x1287) Image search: [Google]
1htetg.jpg
467 KB, 1599x1287
>tfw 24 years old about to start hrt and have almost bald spot at back and thining on top.

timeline in pic gives me hope
>>
>>6537132

If you nuke your T with cypro, you dont need finasteride. Because you low t results in low dht
>>
File: 1446403321515.png (29 KB, 801x639) Image search: [Google]
1446403321515.png
29 KB, 801x639
>>6537159

>low t results in low dht
This is wrong. Last time my endo checked, my t was almost zero but dht was in normal male range. the dht levl depends on how active your 5-alpha-reductase enzyme is.
>>
>>6537196
But dht comes from t, if you have no t your body cant make dht...
>>
>>6536782

Dutasteride. It blocks all 3 types of DHT. Finasteride just 2 classes.

I suggest finasteride first though desu.
>>
>>6537153
why, this person is extremely ugly and just learned how to use camera angles to their advantage and extremely basic makeup skills
>>
>>6537203
thanks anon, but this sounds a little bit paradox to me. you wrote that dutasteride is more effective than finasteride, but you recommend finasterid? please help me understand
>>
>>6537243
that hairline tho nigga
>>
>>6537243
>camera angles
wut? they are using the same angle each time tho honkey
>>
File: 1453553286683.jpg (46 KB, 446x373) Image search: [Google]
1453553286683.jpg
46 KB, 446x373
>>6537153
>someone who balded far worse than you got far better results on hrt
>>
>>6537203
So should i take finasteride oder dutasteride? Which one would you recommend? And why do you recommend finasterid even though you said that dutasteride is better?
>>
>>6537300
if they really look better than you then you should just give up

there is no way that thing passes in any context. anywhere.
>>
>>6537296
>same angle each time
pls be trolling
>>
>>6541769
Other than coronal rotation there is practical no important difference between the shots, other than the first and last ofc which are pretty much the same as each other.
>>
File: kUzsy0LH.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
kUzsy0LH.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>>6541891
yes, the first and last are the same, and the 2nd through 6th are the same, and the 7th is tilted downward and shoulder hidden

and "she" does not pass in any of them except maybe as a Who in the last one
>>
What's bad about being bald? Having wonderful women rub your bald head?... that's good.
>>
>>6536896
>5mg of fin

Be straight with me, anons: does 5mg make a huge difference in regrowth compared to 1mg? I've been on 1mg/day for a good while now, going on six months, but I haven't noticed much of any regrowth.

Not trans, btw, just a guy with a receding hairline.
>>
>>6542144
I was on 1mg for a month and a half before starting 5mg so I wasn't really able to tell what difference it made. My dermatologist said 1mg should be as effective as 5mg for the purpose of hair loss.

I'm almost certain my hair regrowth is because of the estrogen.
>>
>>6542180
Is it worth going on HRT only for the hair regrowth if I'm already a fem boy and have no major qualms about my body becoming a bit more feminine? I don't want breasts though :(
>>
>>6542199
Fuck. No. You're thinking too short term.

Instead of HRT continue finasteride and save up for a hair transplant.
>>
>>6542215
You're right I am. That was ignorant of me. I didn't mean for it to come across as me trivializing transitioning or anything like that.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.