[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand this position: * accepts transgender
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: lana-wachowski-transgender.jpg (29 KB, 373x560) Image search: [Google]
lana-wachowski-transgender.jpg
29 KB, 373x560
I don't understand this position:
* accepts transgender women, men
* rejects anything nonbinary or queer

it doesn't make a lot of sense to me to accept transgender as a condition (they will sometimes cite studies that prove it real) but saying that they have to transition completely or it doesn't count and they're just doing it for political reasons.

For me I feel like if you're going to accept legitimacy of transgender you must also accept people that want to pick and choose their own identity. Even if they look weird and it makes you uncomfortable.

What do you all think about this? Have you encountered both views?
>>
>>6516814
I find myself very upset at people who reject: the validity of NB identities, people who forgo certain parts of the "standard" transition but pursue others, and those undertaking hormonal transition for different reasons or to different ends.

At the same time, I'm upset at the regularity with which NB persons undertake to erase those of us closer aligned with the binary when they do speak - in much the same way that I know I accidentally do to them. On some level, we need to start making it clear that rather than there being a single transgender experience, there are a lot of them. And unless we can understand that they're all valid, we're going to keep going around in circles taking turns misrepresenting one-another for the amusement of the general public.
>>
>>6516814
To accept people with cancer, must we also not accept people who shave their head and claim to have cancer?

We don't need to accept transtrenders. They don't want to physically transition, so they aren't trans.
>>
>>6516814
Being trans isn't picking and choosing your identity, it's unavoidable.

NB are special snowflake autistic tumblr children.
>>
>>6517130
What about femboys? Looks like they're pretty honest about wanting to look feminine while still thinking of themselves as guys.
>>
>>6517191
But most identify as men or finally breakdown, transition, and identify as female. Few identify as some bullshit snowflake gender.

NB identities are often used for cishet white people to gain oppression points and look cool and edgy. The second they need to they can drop the identity and move on with life. The actual members of the LGBT community do not have that luxury. We cannot just stop being gay or stop being trans.

I'm all for labels and self expression. If you need to call yourself a trigendered biromatic pansexual demiboy otherkin to feel good about yourself, then go for it. But don't try to latch onto our movement to claim you are oppressed, because the second you encounter real oppression, you'll suddenly become a straight cis person again. It's the appropriation of queerness that bothers me.
>>
>>6517191
Femboys are still boys. You don't have to be hyper masculine to be a boy anon.
>>
>>6516814
A better question. Why do you need other genders when there is no biological point of it? I mean... remind me please, what is neededfor reproduction? Oh right, a man, a woman and the trigender demigirl as a third
>>
>>6517301
why do you need gender at all?
there are two human sexes: male and female.
>>
>>6517336
In germany you don't actually differentiate between sex and gender.
>>
>>6517336
So long as those conveyed no more information than that a party fulfills a particular role in gametogenesis, nor implied any expectations beyond that, I expect there'd be a lot less variance in how people relate to those labels.

Since that's not the case, though, and we are figuratively over our heads in constructs of "sex" and "gender" that are constantly being conflated with reproductive capacities, everyone needs to either start bailing or learn to swim.
>>
>>6517288
there's nothing hyper masculine about no being a femboy. femboys are flaming faggot closet trannies.
>>
>>6517221
basicaly you're saying they aren't trannies because they still have priviledge. that explains a lot why tru-trannies hate them. (jelously)
>>
>>6516814
trans is a medical condition/mental disorder
nonbinary/queer is a choice, hence the whole "choosing their own identity" thing. You can accept something that's out of your control, but there's no reason to accept attention-whoring freaks that hurt trutrans with their tumblr bullshit.
>>
File: image.jpg (622 KB, 830x2623) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
622 KB, 830x2623
>>6517288
Normal boys don't have tits or look like women dressing like men
>>
>>6516814
>transgender
>being able to pick and chose

Try again.
The choice is whether to medically transition not whether to identify as trans
>>
>>6517288
this

>>6517546
not this.
i act like a regular human so that's how I've managed to get/work along normies in society

>>6517942
>hrt can't change bone
male skeletons are always going to look male
>>
>>6516964
>>6517130
>>6517221
>>6517918
>>6518824
projection

being a "transtrender" has nothing to do with being nb
there are plenty of binary "transtrenders"
there are also plenty of nb people with dysphoria who are transitioning
>>
>>6517221
>>6517191
>>6517130
>>6516964

I'm a femboy popping hormones for like 2.5 years. Still no desire to be a girl, still no desire to quit popping hormones, in fact that's the last thing I'd ever want to do. I never say it to anyone but I do consider myself physically NB, and identify as something different from the standard male or female. I still go with male pronouns, and I never bring up how I identify except online in places like this. Feeling shitty about my appearance and wanting to be more effeminate and androgynous is why I started popping hormones.

Just because a lot of femboys wind up being transgirls doesn't mean there are none of us out there who legitimately would prefer being some sort of in-between creature. Femboys like myself are great examples people who are NB or identify atypically, and physically transition to attain that.

I don't identify as some bullshit snowflake gender, I identify exactly how I physically am - an androgynous freak with an unnatural mix of male and female features, who once was a normal boy.
>>
>>6519713
post contact?
>>
>>6519867
Got skype?
>>
>>6519887
yeah: grrthclaw

unless i already know in which case :^)
>>
>>6519899
added
>>
>>6517942
I cannot comprehend this comic. It like, twists my brain when I read it.
>>
>>6520669
Mtf passes androgynously but is unacceptable by their parents, so they decide to try and man up and looks weird doing it
>>
>>6516912
Even if there is no God or Buddha there is Akaka ;____;
>>
all theytheyms are special snowflake faggots and i hope they never get taken seriously. they make me ashamed to be part of the LGBT community.
>>
also, third gender shit is thinly veiled misogyny. so many teen girls are willing to say they're not female because they don't like wearing dresses or other stereotypical woman things.

theythems are the new "I'm not like the OTHER girls"
>>
>>6526801
>>6526810
>I go purely off of stereotypes and never have met a single physically transitioned NB person in my life.
>>
One issue is that a lot of resources for people questioning their gender insist that everyone has a "true gender" somewhere in their soul, and you can discover it by thinking about how male or female you feel. "Feeling male" or "feeling female" can mean anything, and a lot of people take it to mean "how well do you conform to stereotypes" and for that reason id as NB, demi-, etc.

I fell victim to that kind of philosophy a couple years ago and nearly drove myself crazy trying to find that "true gender." Getting out of my own head and focusing on my dysphoria and social roles (i.e. reality) was way more helpful.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.