[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can someone me riddle this comic, please?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_o9ga1twje51tm163xo1_1280.jpg (175 KB, 1280x687) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9ga1twje51tm163xo1_1280.jpg
175 KB, 1280x687
we all know that assigned male sucks. strawman bullshit and way to witty kids are just the tip of the iceberg.

but what does she want's us to tell with this comic strip? that it is bullshit to behave? that being nice is something only "classed" people are able to be?
and why is behaving and not flipping the shit every time promoting gender rolls?

isn't it like a must fopr every human being to be nice and polite? to respect others and such?

please tell me what stephie wants to tell. i know it will be bullshit but i srsly can't understand what she wants us to tell.

like how can you be so dense that you think behaving is bad? that you need to be a rude shitlord to fight patriarchy/mysogyny/the hitler devil...
>>
>>6470324
He's ironizibg his own behaviour, you idiot.
>>
>>6470324
Isn't she supposed to be 8?
>>
Because you need to think of what 'behaving' is and you need to think of what 'professional' is.

For one, when I was applying an interviewing for my first jobs, I could not be professional.
I did not own anything that wasn't kinda ripped, or fucked up, or nice or something.
And that's what's 'objectively' professional.

For one, I don't think there's anything wrong with having dyed hair, or alternative styles, or piercings, or anything. Tattoos or otherwise.
Unless I wanted to look like a freak in a dress and carry myself like shit, it's hard for me as a woman to dress 'professionally', as I'm expected to wear feminine clothing, even if it's 'pants'.
>>
>>6470324
Pretty sure the artist is making fun of himself
>>
I don't get Stephie that character.
She says she is against strict gender roles but the system she wants to replace the already established strict gender roles with is also strict, and is also a set of gender roles.
>>
>>6484876
Why tho? One explanation is that kind of type may be n'er-do-wells, but isn't that generalizing and essentially falling for the sheep mentality? Personally I've never had bad experiences hiring people who look like that. I've had more trouble with overly professional people honestly. Very dramatic and concerned about everyone else's past.
>>
>>6484876
And this is why professionalism is elitist bullshit. You're assuming that having fucking piercing or dyed hair means that the person will be an unqualified employee, as though hair color has some sort of impact on their ability to work. It's the most shallow and idiotic bullshit in the universe.
There is literally no reason for it to exist other than "it already exists and you just have to deal with it if you want a job"
>>
>>6485109
It's about making a good impression. If you can't be arsed to present yourself at an interview, what does that say about your work ethic? Smh.
>>
>>6485109
Lol you're so unprofessional. Try getting a real job, kid. Too bad your only skill is bitching and moaning.
>>
>>6485255
[citation needed]
>>
>>6484953
>>6481366
>>6485109

One of my responsibilities at my job is to hire people (or at least narrow down who gets through the different stages of the hiring process). The applicants want jobs that involve dealing with our clients, many of whom are 'traditionalist' type older white men, creating and sealing contracts, shit like that. If you come in and you have dyed hair, visible tattoos and piercings or any shit like that, you aren't going to get far. Regardless of my personal opinions towards that shit (i don't care about it, although if you have tattoos on your face or something like that, it does scream 'poor decision making skills' desu), im not gonna hire you and send you out to meet our clients who DO have opinions on it. I'm not sacrificing contracts and therefore profits and clients for the sake of hiring someone with visual markers that they had a choice in getting.
>>
>>6485379
Which is another reason it's just elitist bullshit. It's not the fault of the employer, it's the fault of the clients for being picky little bitch babies.
>>
>>6485424
You know I don't get this mentality. I mean I am all for the whole looking like you want thing and all that junk. But it's a decision and decisions have consequences. And if you decide to stick a steel rod through the side of your head that consequence is going to be that certain jobs are out of your reach now, because you aren't going to represent your employer in the way they want. Most of these jobs have to do with customer interaction.
And you know what?
That's totally fine. You make a decision,free will and all that, and there are consequences. That's the way the world works.
How anyone could be so entitled that they think they are beyond reproach is something I will never get.
>>
>>6485255
...two of these people just have brown hair.
>>
>>6485516
Because you're not stopping to think why it's 'unprofessional' to have piercings or tattoos or dyed hair.
There is no legitimate reason for it. It makes traditionalists uncomfortable and that's it. Why should the entire corporate world cater to what traditionalists feel like?

And don't even fucking try to argue that body modification clashes with uniforms or makes it impossible to look serious about your job. As long as you don't have gauges in your cheeks or FUCK YOU tattooed over your eyes instead of eyebrows or other shit people only get for shock value, then your tattoos and piercings are not going to bother anyone.
Actual professionalism (I.E. I am a professional and take my job seriously) is a mindset and an attitude, and appearance has almost nothing to with it. You can tell very easily how much someone cares about their job regardless of what they're wearing or what body modifications they have.
>>
>>6485817
You do realize that about 70% of your opinion on a person is deceived almost instantly when you first meet someone, right?
If I bam at a bank and I meet my investment advisor for the first time I will most likely not take advice from him if he has bright blue hair and a the contents of a toolbox hanging from his head. On the other hand, if that same guy is instead an artist working on a project with me I wouldn't even look twice. The reason for this is mostly evolutionary, as those that could assess threats quicker were most likely to survive. And if I am coming to you with something that I take serious I expect you to take it serious as well. And wether you like it or not, in our culture(assuming you are 'murican or 'pean) that means a reasonable haircut a suit and a tie and no dangly bits in the face.
The fact that you demand that everyone else change because you don't like it is a sure sign of entitlement. Grow up.
>>
>>6486021
Decided not deceived obviously, phone posting.
>>
>>6486021
>dying your hair blue makes you completely incapable of taking things seriously
This is your argument. It's not even an argument. You're just blindly clinging to a tradition you don't even understand because you're too stupid to stop and ask yourself "why?"
If anyone needs to grow up, it's you.
>>
>>6485541
>...two of these people just have brown hair.

Those are pictures of them before they dyed their hair.
>>
>>6485263
lol kill yourself, this is aposemitism 2016.
>>
File: subtle edit.jpg (142 KB, 1280x687) Image search: [Google]
subtle edit.jpg
142 KB, 1280x687
>>6470324
>>
>>6486362
It's actually funny now
>>
>>6486059
It doesn't matter what the tradition is, just that you follow it. If you can't follow simple traditions like 'look decent' when you KNOW that that's what's expected of you, when you KNOW that's how you get a job, you're obviously either rebellious or stupid. Employers don't want stupid rebels on thir payroll.
>>
>>6486059
>you are just blindly following
>you don't even know why

That's some nice projecting you got going there buddy.
But at the core of it lies this: your opinion doesn't actually matter all that much in the grand scheme of things. Neither does mine. I am actually agreeing with you that being professional is most importantly a mindset and not about looks. I ev n believe that you are professional. What you fail to understand is that being professional is really not worth anything if you can't make your customer believe that you are serious first. Unfortunately for you humans are largely superficial beings as I explained before and as such they have certain expectations of how a serious person looks.
I am also not saying that we can't change this picture going forward, but you obviously can't just throw it all out at once and expect the population to just roll with it. But hey, I suggest you do it slowly, piece by piece. For example I have seen people in professional settings with decent eyebrow piercings and you wouldn't have thought that was possible not to long ago.

As to why I told you to grow up:
So let's say you have your own business, something fairly conservative. You have to hire a new sales rep.
There is an applicant that seems is qualified and looks like a classic business person. There is also an applicant just as qualified, but with a very 'alternative' look.
You know the first applicant will chime well with your customer base and things should continue as normal. The secon applicant on the other hand may 'scare' away potential business. Your livelihood depends on you doing business.
So who do you higher?

See what I am trying to show you here is that when you demand that someone turn over the status quo and higher you despite everything you demand a lot but you share none of the risk involved. You basically tell people to gamble on you for no other reason than to stick it to 'traditionalists'.
And that to me is a childish sense of entitlement.
>>
>>6487221
Again posting from my phone so sorry for the autocorrects I didn't catch.
>>
>>6470324
Professionalism is in a profession. Nearly all professions are elitist and classist by definition. There is someone above you that makes decision for you or you are that someone. THIS WILL NEVER CHANGE. I know people want to destroy every damn form of traditional structure they see these days but maybe some are necessary? Without structure things fall to shit. You can look and act however you want but people are going to situationally judge you differently for it. A work environment is a situation like that, because no matter how much you disagree your identity/sexuality/personal beliefs/preference for your looks doesn't actually belong in your work place.
>>
>>6486059

Traditions, almost by definition, is arbitrary. If you're committing to adhere to that arbitrary tradition, you're signalling a certain degree of reliability in other matters where rules may be somewhat arbitrary or rely on an honor-code. Adhering to arbitrary standards isn't inherently bad.
>>
>>6470324
>but what does she want's us to tell with this comic strip?
Well, she's managed to completely lose the original point of the comic i.e. a little girl pointing out issues with transphobia. Why would a little girl need to be "professional"?
But the point is that what we understand to be professionalism is defined by behaving in a specific way which is assessed by upper class people.
The argument goes that upper class people don't like it when working class people are obviously working class, and so create an arbitrary system of coded behaviours to try and root out the working class.
It's like when some sjws claim that disliking loud people is racist, because black people are loud and thus whiteness is trying to get black people to "act white". Not loudly screaming and dancing around in the middle of an office is an arbitrary standard foisted upon black people, which means they have to work harder to fit in than naturally quiet white people.
That's what she's trying to say. The gender roles thing is probably something like "women should be nice or else they're bitches, men can be aggressive and they're just a tough boss"
>>
File: tumblr_ncyld9J3fN1tm163xo1_1280.jpg (899 KB, 950x1307) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncyld9J3fN1tm163xo1_1280.jpg
899 KB, 950x1307
>>6492637
>Well, she's managed to completely lose the original point of the comic
No, he hasn't. He's still a mouthpiece for the author's opinions. Which is what the comic is about: presenting the artist's opinions as if they are somehow factual.
>>
>>6484876
>implying you're not on the bottom wrung at your wagecuck "job"

Thanks for contributing to my neetbux tho
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.