[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fashionable stereotypes.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
I'm not going to lie, I'm naturally a feminine guy. Still, my personality is no-frills, and masculine, and yet I have a much better fashion sense than my straight peers. Even some women.

How much do you buy into this stereotype and what effect does it have on you?
>>
>>6457640
Well, I do have what is probably about a $2500 suit, all italian fabric but sewn in canada. Got it for $900 though via coupons and shit kek
I wouldn't say I'm fashionable though.

I like guys that understand economy and I actually prefer conservative purchasers. If I see a guy buying expensive brand names they need to prove, just like me, that they got it for an exuberantly good deal. I refuse to trust guys that buy expensive shit without good reason, without good sales, and without explanation.
I'd take a guy wearing George jeans from walmart that was honest about his life situation over a guy falling into debt wearing hilfigers or lucky or whatever any day of the week.
>>
>>6457640
tell parents im bisexual
>mom doesnt understand bisexual or how it works
suddenly she keeps asking me for fashion advice
>mfw i wear cargo shorts and ripped tee shirts every day

Stereotypes suck so bad....
>>
>>6457640
i dress like a completely different person everyday.
I could wear something formal one day and then the next wear ripped jeans with leather
shit.
who knows
>>
>>6457640
I'm a scandi so I went for the relative minimalism meme (obviously), though I've always been a fan of it. Lately I've been drifting towards looser stuff for the comfy factor, but still the same adherence to muted pattern, matte colours and clean lines. Would never claim I dress in a particularily gay way at all; strong colours and patterns are the nemesis of my pale complexion.

One or two of my friends used to think it was a great idea to ask me if I was gay now and then because I cared for how I dressed and had interests beyond sports and typical guy things. What gets me even more rustled at the situation was the fact that said interests aren't even feminine, nor am I a feminine guy in the way I walk or talk.

Basically; I don't force myself to not be the stereotype or vice versa, I just like to think I'm not it.
>>
File: 1457387598057.png (2 KB, 142x138) Image search: [Google]
1457387598057.png
2 KB, 142x138
>>6457640
>Gay
>People come to me for fashion advice
>I would gladly wear Hawaiian shirts, cargo shorts, and sandals year round
>>
Generally the people I know who claim to be fashionable just waste too much money on designer trash.

But sure a trash bag with a designer logo is fasionable.
>>
As a gay man I think gay men have shit tastes.
Most gay men have shit tastes in suits, they have shit tastes when they go for their crazy avant garde styles, they have shit tastes when they go for the preppy blazer and khaki style. Just overall I detest the style of gay men.
>>
>>6457670
>falling into debt wearing hillfiger
They have bigger problems than spending too much on clothing
>>
I shop for outfits, I don't just buy random clothing items
>>
I fall into the stereotype. I'm not trying to be fashionable, but I just like dressing well for my body. Being fashionable is not rocket science, it just requires you not to shop at sears, jcpenney, macy's, target, walmart, etc

Anyways, I am forced in a way to shop at nicer clothing stores, because I'm skinny and my I have a short trunk, and long arms and legs. It's hard to find anything that fits, and the places that to have what I can wear tend to be more /fa/
>>
I wear J-Fashion, everything else is weird normie stuff to me. I'm not interested in expensive suits and I think they're for crass yuppies who need to pay money to show how 'alpha' they are.
>>
>>6475007
>I wear J-Fashion
I'm sorry
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.