[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Effects of taking a little bit hormones?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: fem-masc-androgynous.jpg (11 KB, 633x150) Image search: [Google]
fem-masc-androgynous.jpg
11 KB, 633x150
Hi, I'm a biological male and i feel about 70% male and 30% female.
I'm not completely satisfied with my body (I want softer skin, less smell, more sensitive skin/nipples/penis, less (Obvious) body hair, etc.).
How do I change my body to the way I want (while not creating breasts and decreasing my musles, i still want to pass as a guy)?
What hormones do I need? How do I get them? (does taking (half/a quarter of) the birth control pill temporarily work?). Do I have to take them always or for a limited time? What are the side efects? Has anyone done this? Does anyone feel the same way?
>>
You don't seem to understand how hormone replacement therapy works. Testosterone is really fucking powerful and it needs to be blocked in order for the estrogen to actually do anything.

Your only options are:
>take such a low dose of estrogen that it does literally nothing but waste your money
>take enough to get the effects you want, plus the effects you don't want

You aren't trans regardless though so don't fuck yourself up with hormones.
>>
>>5273848
>Testosterone is really fucking powerful
No it's not, stop spreading misinformation. Testosterone is weak as fuck to put it in your anthropomorphized terms and its main role is to function as a prohormone that converts itself into estrogens or DHT. It's only DHT that's powerful as you say.
>>
File: smugsister.jpg (7 KB, 237x213) Image search: [Google]
smugsister.jpg
7 KB, 237x213
>I want softer skin, less smell, more sensitive skin/nipples/penis, less (Obvious) body hair, etc (while not creating breasts and decreasing my musles, i still want to pass as a guy)
it doesn't work that way, OP

you see hormones are an either/or deal: you can either be a buff chiseled manly man with rough hairy skin or a squishy delicate hug pillow with velvet smooth skin and a tiny shriveled soft sensitive dick

also you will be forever infertile which means your life will have no other purpose than being a pathetic fucktoy that gets passed around big guys like candy

[spoiler]just start using cosmetics, exfoliate dead skin, wash yourself more often and take vitamins dumbass[/boiler]
>>
>>5274053
But what if you took a lower amount of hormones? Obviously you would get less effects, right?
(I don't mind being infertile btw)
>>
>>5274264

Unless you go all-out with it and follow a full regimen, you run a high likelihood of causing some serious medical issues associated with having fucked up hormone levels.

Also, going below normal mtf dose will likely have little effect on you. Any effects you do get will come with -all- the effects. You can't get the soft skin, less smell, sensitive skin, bodyhair reduction etc. without also getting some breast growth and feminine body fat redistribution.
>>
>>5274323
What about using HRT but for only a month or a couple of weeks? Does that permanently create some of the positive effects?
>>
File: MN5MYrW.png (20 KB, 1107x409) Image search: [Google]
MN5MYrW.png
20 KB, 1107x409
>>5274447
Nope, not enough time to see anything. Maybe your nipples enlarge a little but that's about it. Also estradiol kills sperm so there is always a risk of irreversible infertility.
>>
>>5274568

Not the guy you're replying to here, but is there a chance I am infertile because my body doesn't make testosterone correctly and I have really low levels? My nipples are really puffy etc etc
>>
>>5274671
Unless you have messed-up chromosomes, the odds are that you're fertile.
>>
>>5274671
could have AIS or kleinfelter's without knowing it
>>
>>5274691

thanks

>>5274700

doctor refused to test for for Kleinfelters saying 'it would be a waste of time' but didn't look at my body or anything and just took blood and said a couple days later "yeah you have low testosterone"
>>
>>5274743
well it's not really a worthwhile test

but i think if you just have low testosterone you don't have AIS because with AIS you still have it in your blood but it doesn't activate or something
>>
>>5274752
>AIS

What is this AIS? Is this an acronym?

Thanks
>>
>>5274765
androgen insensitivity syndrome. pretty rare condition
>>
>>5274775

I don't think I have enough physical traits for either Kleinfelters or AIS :(

I mean I guess that should make me feel better

but it doesn't

I wish I knew what was wrong with me and why I am so unhappy

I wish I developed a sexuality like everyone else
>>
>>5274568
So a year would be enough, but what changes stay and which changes disappear after some time? And how do I prevent breast growth?
>>
>>5274813
stop being so miserable about it. there will come a time when you understand things and you'll be happier down the road.
>>
>>5274844

Really? When I am 50?

I am 30 now and nothing has been good since I was 16.
>>
>>5274887
oh well that's different
i was like you at 18, you've been repressing some shit m8. go trip on acid and figure things out
>>
>>5274887
Tip: Magic mushrooms work against deppression, google it
>>
>>5274053
10/10 description

Well said anon lol.
>>
>>5274895
>>5274902

I have been on SSRI/SNRI since I was 12

I have no friends or way to get illicit substances

sorry

thanks for ideas though
>>
>>5274940
the internet truly is a great place

go do something
>>
>>5274671
>because my body doesn't make testosterone correctly and I have really low levels
could be any other problem honestly

even thyroid problems can manifest like this
>>
>>5274940
you know having naturally low testosterone can make you depressed right
>>
>>5274842
changes that stay: boobs (enlarged nipples), infertility
changes that don't: female fat distribution, hair production, muscles, soft skin
>>
>>5274940
You could order psychedelics from the deep web.
You could travel to a country where it is legal (in the Netherlands there are 'magic truffels', works the same as shrooms).
You could order spores online and grow your own shrooms.

It's your life man, don't be afraid to change
>>
>>5274977
Are those nipples also more sensitive?
>>
>>5275000
yes trips they are
and they hurt please help
>>
>>5274993

Man, I haven't even traveled out of this state. I had a panic attack at a Walmart once, I don't think I could handle traveling to another country...

I don't want to order illegal things online, sorry

I am a huge pussy irl and online

>>5274970

I guess so. I don't like my doctor so I never went back. I can't keep using vacation time at work to go to the doctor.
>>
>>5275000
well, male and female nipples have comparatively the same sensitivity so
>>
>>5275019
you should take time off work, assuming you can afford it. don't just take a regular vacation, travel and shit.

god i hope i never settle down. your life can be better than this.
>>
>>5275111

seriously no way

I have never traveled

I don't think I could do it

I would freak out

I once had tickets to a baseball game (minor league) but I couldn't muster up the courage to park the car so I left

I also had a scholarship to college but I didn't go because the first day of classes I freaked out and also didn't park and drove somewhere else and just cried for an hour and went home

I don't want to buy expensive plane tickets and hotel reservations to just freak out and not go. The college thing I mentioned landed me in debt for a while, so I am not going to waste money again like that

I should move out of my mom's place too but I am worried I will be so lonely I will hang myself because I fantasize about killing myself already, and that's even when I have my mom to talk to
>>
>>5275133
you've been conditioned not to take risks because you're averse to the losses. you can't dig yourself out of this hole without experiencing a degree of risk. just go camping or something.
>>
>i feel about 70% male and 30% female.
literally WAT.

>im not completely happy with myself, i must be trans fuck yeah
>>
>>5275170
gq comes before trans a lot of the time
>>
>>5275194
the magazine?
>>
>>5275207

yeah the magazine
>>
>>5275207
no the initialism you moron
>>
>I'm a biological male and i feel about 70% male and 30% female.
lmao kids these days
>>
>>5274447

See >>5274568

Also, messing with your hormones like that can cause serious complications - taking these medications is pretty much an all-or-nothing thing if you don't want to confuse the shit out of your endocrine system.
>>
Go on Tor and buy some female nipples
Make a pizza with nipple peperoni
Eat it
Bam. Free sensitive nipples
>>
>>5275270
>>5275170
Why is that weird to you? I kinda have the same thing as OP; I am comfortable being a guy but I would also be quite comfortable being a girl. I have many of the personality characteristics of a guy and many (but less) of a girl.
Unlike biological sex gender is more like a scale than an XX or XY situation.
>>
>>5278074

No it isnt. You're just a special snowflake.
>>
>>5274264
>Obviously you would get less effects, right?
Obviously based on what? You really need to do some basic research on how hormones work.
>>
>>5278083
No, it is recognized. Most people are close to either the masculine or feminine poles, but some of us are somewhere in between.

>Gender identity, far from being absolute, appears to occur on a continuum, with most people gathered at either end, the rest being somewhere in between.
http://www.avitale.com/etiologicalreview.htm
>>
>>5278083
"I experience this world from my perspective thus everyone experiences everything the same way."
Seems logical..
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.