[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Donald Trump and trans issues
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
So what is his opinion about trans issues, fellow legbutts?

I have heard very different statements about this.
>>
>>6437100
>So what is his opinion about trans issues, fellow legbutts?
Has never said anything negative. The only one he's commented on was the bathroom issue that was being used to distract us from the nuclear spills in Florida. He thinks people should use whatever bathroom matches their gender Identity.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/24/opinions/trump-transgender-bathrooms-opinion-cupp/
>I have heard very different statements about this.
From who and what were they? Any sauce to back up any of them?
>>
>>6437100
He did go on the record to say that HB2 is a waste of money and time. He's actually kind of indifferent about trans people. Neither supportive nor against.
>>
He said to "leave it up to the states."

Anyone who has followed politics for longer than this cycle, especially Queer politics, knows exactly what this means. Hint: it isn't good.
>>
>>6437234
More, he's promised to put justices opposed to LGBT protections on the supreme court. Anyone following THAT matter will recognize how badly deleterious this would be to LGBT persons in the US.

His actually slightly positive personal indifference is going to be badly eclipsed by his political hostility.
>>
>>6437266
The Supreme Court thing has me torn

Too bad that there's no libertarian justices up for nomination

Well either get some Bible thumper who's antiLGBT, or some modern day neoliberal who's pro mass Muslim immigration and pro gun control.

As a gay man I care about LGBT issues more, but grudgingly so, I really am not excited about putting one of Clintons corrupt cheerleaders in that position.
>>
>>6437293
With a majority republican congress, any democrat is going to have to compromise on justices.
>>
>>6437359
Which probably means it's still going to be some Clinton corporate shill who's pro TPP and shit
>>
>>6437266
>>6437293
>>6437359
>>6437371
Look at the ages of the current justices. Realistically, Alito will be the oldest justice in eight (possibly four) years. The next president could potentially nominate five justices.

That, for me, takes Trump out of consideration completely.
>>
>>6437100

Indifference. He has supported anti-workplace-discrimination laws in the past, I think back in the early 2000s, and I haven't heard anything to suggest that has changed.

I'm voting Trump because I would really like to avoid going to war, again. With Trump I picture the odds of that happening at about 50/50. If Hillary is president, war is an eventuality. She has too much money tied up in it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/24/magazine/how-hillary-clinton-became-a-hawk.html?_r=0
>>
Didn't Trump step in and let Ms. Canada compete after others wanted to d/q her from his pageant?
>>
>>6437603 """When they found out she was trans
>>
Like alot of issues, He's not taken a massive stance on it. I still doubt he will enforce what he has suggested anyways since the entire race is a publicity stunt for him.
>>
>>6437266
>More, he's promised to put justices opposed to LGBT protections on the supreme court.
Complete exaggeration. He's promised to put justices to oppose gay marriage as federal law and leave it up to the states. He has been for providing federal protections on ever other LGBT right since 2000 and has provided no evidence that his opinion has changed
>http://www.advocate.com/election/2015/9/28/read-donald-trumps-advocate-interview-where-he-defends-gays-mexicans
Although going back to 13 states no recognizing gay marriage would suck, we'd have to keep in mind that it's not a permanent situation and those remaining states will eventually see the light just like the others did before the SCOTUS decision.
>>
>>6438212
Being for the State's right to discriminate and incite violence against its citizens should be something that fills your people with shame.
>>
>>6441915
>incite violence

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope
>>
>>6442152
You need a very narrow field of vision to not currently be aware of a state that has recently proposed bills to enshrine discrimination in the law with the aid of promotional videos conflating unrelated minorities with dangerous criminals, had lawmakers make media statements to the effect that they would assault and inflict grievous bodily harm on members of said minority going about their business, and affiliated law enforcement declare that such behaviour would be condoned.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.