[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have a question for all of you that have a visible "defect",
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
Have a question for all of you that have a visible "defect", for example a missing limb, psoriasis, bad scar, blindness etc... Not something like ADD or anxiety.

When you're looking for someone, either for dating or hook-up, when do you mention it? Do you mention in your profile or ad "by the way, I'm missing a leg" or do you get further down the road before revealing it, maybe even waiting until you meet for the first time, even meeting for sex?

Tell me

what is your "defect"?

when do you first talk about/mention it?

how do you talk about it (mention it doesn't affect you, discuss limitations)?

what has the reactions been?

what ratio of perspective dates/hook-ups blow you off after you mention it?

have you been successful in dating or hooking-up despite this "defect"?
>>
Well, I now have a new fetish. I'll just throw it on the pile..
>>
>>6399758
Honestly I don't see someone rejecting a person due to missing limbs, unless they're unable to function independently because of it. Blindness really wouldn't be a deal-breaker IMO.

But I don't think any blind people will be reading your post, OP.
>>
>>6399758
>what is your "defect"?
i have an ileostomy and wear a bag on my side
>when do you first talk about/mention it?
always before getting serious with a guy. sometimes via text/email, sometimes when I meet the guy for coffee
>how do you talk about it (mention it doesn't affect you, discuss limitations)?
it really doesn't limit me so I just explain it's there
>what has the reactions been?
they vary. Some guys either come right out and say they'd rather not meet or suddenly have an excuse for not meeting. Some are OK with it.
>what ratio of perspective dates/hook-ups blow you off after you mention it?
I'd say half the guys I mention it to pass on meeting up
>have you been successful in dating or hooking-up despite this "defect"?
somewhat, but honestly I think the guys who accept this are ones who may not be as lucky in meeting/hooking up and are glad to find someone who will
>>
>>6399883
>But I don't think any blind people will be reading your post, OP.
yeah, that was stupid of me
>>
>>6399893
Post your artificial belly butthole
>>
>>6399893
Can you get fucked in your second butthole?
>>
>>6399911
Thanks, but no thanks.
>>6399917
I suppose I could if I wanted to, but I don't.
>>
>>6399883
>>6399897

>yeah, that was stupid of me
Blind people can use computers. There is software that reads text out loud and similar stuff.
>>
My defects are small but pile up so that dating is out of the question
>>
>what is your "defect"?
Big ass scar on my face.
It sort of speaks for itself.
I don't.
Nothing really. Sometimes strangers stare but that's it.
I dunno. It might be sabotaging me but I'd think my personality is doing far worse for me.
>have you been successful in dating or hooking-up despite this "defect"?
Dating, no. Hooking up, yes. I think the problem really is that I'm an asshole, not that I'm ugly or "defective".
>>
>>6399758
I don't mention shit cause the main defect is my face and also had zero luck actually meeting people from dating apps

>>6399883
>>6399897
>>6399975
4chan is very blind friendly actually due to simplicity of its interface, works good with reading software and if you're just visually impaled/legally blind you can easily change the font size too huge without breaking everything
>>
>>6399758
Defects are not that big of a turn off.
>>
>>6399758
>what is your "defect"?
Massive scarring through the middle of my back

First date depending on how its going

"Hey my back looks like deadpools face sorry about it"

Varying from slight visible disgust to a guy hugging me because i guess it made me look like a super vulnerable twink

Never really

>have you been successful
Yea, my face is decent so most people dont really care, i dont do hookups though
>>
>>6399758
That pic is fake
>>
>>6400276
Can we see the scar?
It might not be that bad anon
>>
>>6400767
Depends on the defect and person. I was talking to a guy who met up with an amputee (leg). AT first he thought it would be no problem but when he actually saw the scarring on his stump he said it made him nauseous.
>>
>>6400276
Seal???
>>
My defect is a lot of loose skin from losing tons of weight. I generally don't mention it and just wait for them to be horrified when we have sex and then never hear from them again. It's a vicious cycle
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.