[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm friends with this guy, and for 2 years now Ive had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: David_Bowie_-_Heroes.png (55 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
David_Bowie_-_Heroes.png
55 KB, 300x300
So I'm friends with this guy, and for 2 years now Ive had a crush on him, well I wouldn't really call it a crush so much as a fantasy. the only reason why im asking how to handle it now is because the feeling is growing stronger. I don't know what to do.

I don't want to tell him because I don't want our friendship to die off in awkwardness.

I want to tell him because its killing me. In between a rock and a hard place you could say. So right now Im in a state of purgatory.

All im asking is whether I should tell him and see what happens from there, or should I just stay friends with him pretending like I feel nothing?

pic unrelated
>>
>>6395578
>you didn't say if he's gay or straight
>you didn't say if he's returned any of your affection
at any rate, if you've been friendzoned by someone that you are attracted to, the last thing they'll want to hear from you is that you're lusting after them. Just keep it to yourself, keep them as a friend, and look for sexual partners elsewhere.
>>
>So I'm friends with this guy
B-but Anon... David Bowie died.
>>
>>6395578
I have been best friends (at least I like to think so, he probably has more important people than me in his life though) with this one guy for a fairly long time, I think two or three years idk

We are roommates now and have been for about a year

I am in love with him

Our friendship already seems to be dying off in awkwardness and I never said a word to him about it

I don't know how to save a friendship, let alone deal with the unrequited attraction

But my advice to you is to just stay friends with him if he is straight, enjoy the friendship as long as you can

but if he is gay or bi then you have a real shot and should go for it
>>
>>6395686
>>6395751
He is gay but it's the same thing I don't know if he's attracted to me.
>>
>>6396016
honestly op i've been in this situation before and i've only regret the times that i didn't say anything. if you feel strongly, it is worth expressing that. you don't have to do it in a way that makes him uncomfortable, either. if you want you can drop some hints first and see how he responds. in my experience the feelings are usually reciprocated in all but a few cases. but if it's going to eat at you - better to say something!
>>
>>6396037
I mean the feeling has been there for 2 years and right now it's been bugging me so much. I've started to tell people about it and have gotten close to telling him. I keep on pussying out though.
>>
>>6396096
honestly just go for it! it probably won't suck as much as you think it might, and you will literally feel heaps better once its off your chest - regardless of how he reacts. plus he could totally be into to you, too, and you might never know if you don't just get it out there!
>>
>>6396156
Yeah I was thinking of doing it I just needed that boost to do it. Thanks man.
>>
>>6396190
np, i believe in you! good luck, i hope it works out!
>>
>>6395578
For fuck sake legit every gay person goes through this exact thing to the last letter I'm going through it right now.

It's risk it all and ask

Drop subtle hints until you're sure they would be interested.

Or shut the fuck up and enjoy the friendship

If there was any other answer we would have all done it by now.
>>
>>6395686
Also it's not only that I'm attracted to him, I've known him for a long time and I've grown attached. So yes there is attraction but it's more than that, can't say love but very close to that.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.