[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MtF/FtM if you think your the opposite gender, then you can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 631x473) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 631x473
MtF/FtM if you think your the opposite gender, then you can't be. A "real" girl doesn't think they are a girl they just are. A "real" guy doesn't think they are a guy they just are. Despite this statement do whatever you want it's your life not mine.

They then change themselves to fit what they think they are. Girls don't think thier girls, guys don't think thier guys. Transgender is a stage to describe a transition period, if magic pills excisted to transform you transgender wouldn't be a thing. Your either one gender or the other. I don't mind being proven wrong. I'm all for lgbtq...... Admit it there are only two forms, male and female and everything else is a spectrum between those.
>>
>>6389779
I actually can't understand what you're trying to say. Cis men do think they are men, they respond when things are addressed specifically to men for example. In other words they identify as men, it just seems trivial because they're bodies reflect that to you.

It doesn't sound like you're trying to be offensive or anything here. I'm going to assume you're at least open to the idea that gender identity could be separate from biological sex because you say that everything else is a spectrum between male and female, but I think that is the generally accepted view.
>>
>>6389842
You seem like a really rational person so I thank you for that. What I'm trying to say is that a cis girl doesn't think that they are a girl they just are. So if your truly a cis girl but you were born in a male body, you shouldn't decide your the opposite sex because you think you are, if you were truly the opposite sex you wouldn't have to think you are, you just would be. It's a hard concept for me to put into words. I'm for everyone doing what they want to do as long as they don't inflict harm on others. Be whatever you want to be. I just find it extremely hard to believe that girl born in the wrong body thinks they are a girl because if you were that's not the thought process. You shouldn't have tell yourself you are girl if you really are one. Telling yourself you are something is bringing your own personal bias and "ego" into it and clouds a wholy unbiased judgement of yourself. A carrot doesn't think it's a carrot it just is a carrot. Here's an example that might help illustrate my idea. Bare in mind this applies to FtM and everyone else.

A "true" MtF doesn't think they are female because they are in a male body. A "true" MtF thinks they are a male because they are not in a female body.
>>
>>6389991
what is this autistic rambling
>>
>>6389999
Retards are very aware of their feelings when speaking, and just say whatever words make them feel good, and whichever ones make them feel bad, assuming this applies to other people the same way, and that they can manipulate the conversation that way if they do it right.

Unfortunately, they're usually right because most people are retards. So long as they're not one of those DIFFERENT kinds of retards, it should work.
>>
>>6389779
>>6389991
The problem is that FtM/MtFs are not "really" women nor "really" men. At least the homosexual variety have an inborn brain-limited intersexuality where, while their brain is more like that of their birth sex, some key areas are heavily feminized|masculinized, creating a unique neurological profile for each type distinct from that of men, women and one another.

They are "really" between male and female, but feel like they ought be one sex/gender or another. As such it is less that they "think" they are something they are not, but that they only feel comfortable with a given body due to their brain detecting other bodies as "wrong".

The last line was my own extrapolation but aside from that the rest is more or less shown to be true in this paper, at least for homosexual transsexuals. As far as we know non-homosexual transsexuals have normal brains and so their problem is probably psychological. Further research might change this and I have my own suspicions but I'd rather not speculate.

Here's the paper. 4chan hates Springer links so I've pasted the link in pastebin.
http://pastebin.com/BiNLNBRh
>>
>>6390008
this is clearly 'this is this and that is that, therefore this is this and that is that because i can't see it any other way', its over simplified child logic lacking an understanding or any knowledge base at all. it is actual autism
>>
>>6390059
Theory is logic that can't be proven to be wrong or right. If you would like to debunk this theory go ahead.
>>
>>6390055
This is a pretty good explanation, I'm happy to concede my theory to this.
>>
>>6389991
This is a really late response but beside what that other anon said which can be true, keep in mind that some trans people will tell you that as a child they did think of themselves as the other gender, and only when they fully realized that their body conflicted with that did they start to get very dysphoric.

This seems to fit with what you were saying. These trans people and others have thought this way, that for example they are male but their body makes them think they are female (who we would call ftm). It's just hard for this view to persist because society is very keen on saying the opposite because people aren't really aware of trans perspectives.

To be clear, I think the dysphoria in childhood comes from that thought, "i know I am female but my body means I must be male", and society is saying "no you are definitely male because that's what I see". To be trans is to make the choice that your ego means more to you than your body, which is a very personal choice.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.