[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can someone please explain this crap to me? it seems to me that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: hypocrisy.png (137 KB, 480x389) Image search: [Google]
hypocrisy.png
137 KB, 480x389
can someone please explain this crap to me? it seems to me that they are trying to use examples of pointing their own hypocrisy as oppression. is there something I'm missing, or is this whole thing just retarded?
>>
It's a classic case of "None of my actions have consequences but all of yours do"
>>
>>6355991
Whoever wrote this seems like a really nasty person. Good people don't think about and spend time writing stuff like this.
>>
Casual cissexism: Briefly forgetting that a casual statement doesn't relate to less than one percent of the world. Perform 12 Hail Jenners in absolution for your sin.

Passive by-standing: Not centering 100% of your life around trans and identity politics. Who gives a fuck about the issues that are actually relevant to you? You must fellate one Holy Trans Woman Most High in absolution for your sins.

Weaponizing support/Invalidation: Who cares if you get a dozen rape and death threats for trying to help? Trans people are OPPRESSED, they have a RIGHT to doxx and scream at cissie scum for asking questions. You must fast on all days for a week to repent for your sin.

>Fixed some of these
>>
I'm a legitimate SJW and I hate the approach depicted in the OP. Privilege is a real thing and I think it is good to be aware of it but just because someone has it better does NOT make them less human. They still deserve to be treated with respect. Institutionalized racism against white people might not be a thing but you certainly can be PREJUDICED toward them and that is still IMMORAL.

I want to help everyone. Shitting on people because they have it better isn't helping.
>>
What is there to explain? What don't you understand? I agree with some of these, but the author is clearly hypocritical in expecting strangers to give a shit about the author's problems more than their own.
>>
>>6356429
With that said it is often literally impossible to hold a conversation about issues relating to marginalized groups without a bunch of assholes immediately trying to recenter conversation on privileged groups so I suppose that's legit. Fucking try saying anything about women getting fucked over in some area without a legion of randos jumping in with "but what about men".
>>
>>6355991
The weaponizing one is pretty accurate.
Self-proclaimed allies should get to the sidelines when it's not their fight, not fucking beg for a pedestal lest their precious support melt away.
>>
>>6356447
>Allies
Hate that word.

I think that people making this about themselves and moving the spotlight to a place other than the conversation at hand is definitely a problem but I can 100% get the anger at supporting someone and then hearing the group you belong to get insulted with an overly generalized statement.
>>
>>6356445
Strangely enough, trans women do the same shit. It's almost like males are raised to think of their voices are more honest and important, regardless of what they may identify as/with later. If only we had some kind of term, like a born-male-bonus, maybe... Privilege?
>>
MTF here, I'll go through these one by one and respond to them.

1: Stupid, obviously that person is talking about cis women, who make up 99.7% of the female population
2. Solid point, it has naught to do with privilege just common sense that people have a hard time understanding
>my dog died last week :(
>YEAH WELL MY GF JUST BROKE UP WITH ME TWO WEEKS AGO SO CHEER UP ASSHOLE
See how weird that is?
3. Also a good point. Don't talk to me about how bad or how prevalent transphobia is if you've never experienced transphobia. It's literally claiming to know about something you know nothing about.
4. Yeah this has never happened to me before. But I guess hypothetically doing nothing while I'm getting beat up would not be a very good thing to do.
5. This is the same thing as number 2
6. Yeah, that's kind of a dick move.
7. This is stupid. You shouldn't be a dick to someone just because someone else is bullying you. That's not a good thing to do.
8. Yeah, good point also. It'd be like saying "We can make world peace if we just make weapons illegal!"
9. I think this is some weird nonbinary shit. REgardless, I can't just take my boobs off. So this doesn't apply to me.

All in all this just seems like some basic ideas of being considerate to others when they're telling you about their struggle. Just with a bunch of big words. What exactly is so confus9ing about it?
>>
>>6356529
I actually agree this is a thing. MtFs were largely socialized as men and so are used to putting themselves in the front. On the other hand there are a lot of people trying to silence them whenever they do talk about themselves in conversations focused on their issues which I think is really shitty. I even ran into some feminists doing that which is really strange given how feminism ought support them. Presenting them as privileged is thus somewhat misleading. It is more correct to say that they still carry some male-learned entitlement.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.