[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How children come to understand gender and other things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: childdevelopment.jpg (17 KB, 450x201) Image search: [Google]
childdevelopment.jpg
17 KB, 450x201
I think this video interesting. Probably especially interesting to my fellow trannies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZPNgglZz7s
>>
>>6322837

Nobody finds the stages of how children come to understand gender interesting?
>>
>>6327940
No, we just need a TL;DR because it's nearly 45 mins. long lol
>>
>>6327940
I'm 10 minutes in, and so far it hasn't presented anything that one paragraph of an introductory textbook for child development or psychology wouldn't say.

I hate this BS where kids these days need to watch fucking videos to learn shit they could read in a tenth of the amount of time. Pretty much anything informative on YouTube is a waste of my time because of this.

>>6327988
This. OP, is there anything unique or insightful in the remaining 35 minutes? I'm not watching any more.
>>
>>6322837
This whole video is based on bs brainwashed people. But thats like 99% of the world when it comes to what sex and gender is. Most the the examples this video shows is pure nurture on what kids learn for what gender and sex is. But that's because adults are so nurtured and brainwashed into what sex and gender is that it's an unstoppable meme at this point and its fucking sad.
>>
>>6328088
>But that's because adults are so nurtured and brainwashed into what sex and gender is that it's an unstoppable meme at this point and its fucking sad.

It's more or less what the video shows. Hm, I thought this is just liberal propaganda, desu, but then the experiments came. Does anyone have an opinion on the experiments? I find it's crazy that we understand gender only after we understand reality, and yet ardently claim what we are just for the people to play with us in some ways, but not others
>>
>>6328237
this becomes quite obvious if you are born trans. Everything related to sex and gender for most people is horribly misinformed brainwashing. Even chromosomes most people don't know wtf chromosomes are but hey you got "sex chromosomes" so that must be the defing factor. No sex chromosomes shouldn't even be fuken called that. Everything society knows about sex is based off research like 100 years ago and science is now just coming back to it because they realized they fucked up. http://www.newstatesman.com/future-proof/2015/02/sex-isn-t-chromosomes-story-century-misconceptions-about-x-y

But you know its so ingrained into idiots that itll never change. The meme is too strong with this one. Remember when they announced that pluto wasn't a planet anymore? People fucking flipped.
>>
>>6328260
It's pretty trippy though, might've given me gender dysphoria. Like, I wonder if I turned out to be a "man" just because I had a very lonely childhood with no (sane, benevolent) female role models, and not because I am inherently less perceptive, or emotional, or some such nonsense.

The thing is, though, I wonder if these days of TERF and other tumblr nonsense, how far does one have to go to pass among the basic bitches (to practice how to be one-because, again, no female role models)? Like, would I need boobs and hormones, or just a dress? The femininity standards these days are just too damn high
>>
File: tumblr_mrras4Uyvg1r0wjy3o1_400.gif (485 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrras4Uyvg1r0wjy3o1_400.gif
485 KB, 350x263
>>6322837
>how understand gender
the fuck?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.