[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
How can you tell the difference between a transgender and a transtrender?
>>
>>6313625
its none of your business
theres no way you should make the judgement if someone is "trans enough"
in my experience, non-binary people are usually either young people who are still learning about themselves, or older people who live in a culture with a generally accepted "third gender", for instance two-spirit
most of the young non binary people ive interacted with end up coming out as mtf or ftm, they just felt "safer" and more comfortable with going halfway at first.
theres really no point in trying to undermine their identities to the extent of calling them "transtrender" if you dont know their exact gender identity ~story~, and sometimes they dont even know either. if all i have to do to accommodate these people is use a they/them pronoun then i dont have a problem
for people who are mtf or ftm and you think "thats not really their gender identity" then you absolutely should take a seat
we're all trying to figure ourselves out
>>
>>6313625
you can tell a transtrender by
>likes anime
>transbian
>has a webcomic about themselves
>talks about precum
>talks about trans as if it's about breaking gender roles
>only attempt at passing is cutting their hair and wearing and Odd Future brand button up
>advocates that trans don't have to pass
>transitioned after twenty
>advocates for a seperate bathroom for trans
>doesn't take and E or T
>>
>>6313625

Transgender people are AMAB or AFAB and try to present as the other sex as much as they can get away with safely and successfully.

Transtrenders are AFAB and go by he or they while wearing makeup, putting in hair extensions, wearing dresses, using female body language, and do all of this within the comfort of their white suburban community or tumblr without any actual anxieties about the future regarding their gender or any worries about safety.
>>
>>6313667
>theres no way you should make the judgement if someone is "trans enough"

tell that to Tumblr
>>
File: ZinniaJones.jpg (86 KB, 715x715) Image search: [Google]
ZinniaJones.jpg
86 KB, 715x715
>>6313668
>>6313694
>transitioned after twenty
>>
>>6313714
probably should have specified "'''''''discovered'''''''' that they were trans" after twenty
>>
>>6313721
Ok, she discovered she was trans after 20
>>
>>6313714

I didn't say anything about an age marker like 20. The other anon did.
>>
>>6313769
Oh good
>>
>>6313667
>its none of your business
>theres no way you should make the judgement if someone is "trans enough"
shut the fuck up tumblr
>>
File: drag7.jpg (195 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
drag7.jpg
195 KB, 1280x720
Hormones are creepy. I just like dressing up like a girl for my boyfriend. I really like it. I don't identify as anything. Do I get trendgender special flower points for being a freak? I want them.
>>
>>6313696
>>6314175

TFW anons can't decide which side is JSW and therefore bad
>>
>>6313668
>talks about trans as if it's about breaking gender roles
>only attempt at passing is cutting their hair and wearing and Odd Future brand button up
>advocates that trans don't have to pass
>advocates for a seperate bathroom for trans
>doesn't take and E or T

I agree with these,the others are just silly.
>>
You can try not being a jerk and accepting everyone for the wonderful freaks they are.
>But you can't change your sex
Of course. You can become this cool boygirl hybrid though. What's wrong with that?
>>
>>6313667
cancer
>>
>>6313667
One of the most reasonable and empathetic things I've read on this board in a while, and all anyone can say is gb2tumblr. This is not a radical perspective for Christ's sake
>>
>>6315949
Yeah I mean god forbid someone with experience and wisdom actually help out a young and genderconfused person when they are at their most vulnerable stage by simply showing a tiny bit of tolerance until they figure shit out. But, noooo, we have to make an exclusive club out of everything and shit on eachother to feel better about ourselves: "I'm gay but fuck bisexuals", "I'm bisexual but pansexuals are just dumb!", "I'm lesbian but trannies are disgusting!", "I'm trans but TRUtrans, fuck the transtrenders I hate them!". Fuck the human race, seriously how are we this dumb and easy to manipulate? Why is empathy such a foreign and offensive concept to so many of us?
>>
>>6313667
not to radical except that you are letting the culture go to shit

How about instead of having 100 genders to choose from we help these children understand that parting your hair and putting on different underwear isnt the same thing as being trans.

If these kids are MtFs and FtMs you would help them realize that being a MtF who likes video games doesnt make you genderfluid

How about we educate people instead of Kids (teens and young adults overshadowing the binary and medical trans community) will be kids
>>
>uses trans as an identity
What are they trans-transgender
how deep does it go
>>
File: 1376217681_earl_bino4.png (970 KB, 730x1000) Image search: [Google]
1376217681_earl_bino4.png
970 KB, 730x1000
>>6314228
>Odd Future brand button up

they look good.
really
>>
>>6316231

Hawaiian shirt of 10 years from now.
>>
>>6313667
I'd like to sign up for your newsletter, please.
>>
>>6313668
>>talks about precum
wut?
>>
>>6313625
Hey that's hot and I don't care what's inside the pants
>>
>>6313625
It's generally quite easy; there's a few ways you can tell. It depends on their personality as well, but the following are good guidelines:

>Obnoxiously shouting about how they're trans at least once a day.
>"Down with cis".
>Most of their friends are "trans".
>Has an older sibling who genuinely is lgbt+ and feels like they're missing out on attention.
>Lack of attention at home and feels as if they need to be the center of attention wherever they are.
>Demands that they are called by their favorite fictional character's name.
>Says that they are trans because they act like this character.
>Confuses gender and personality/style (if this applies to them, then they are almost definitely a transtrender).

Most of this is from what I've heard from a friend's younger sister who is in highschool. She frequently complains about the transtrenders in her school who are mostly "trans" due to their social group, or things occurring at home.

Also, if you are certain that somebody is a transtrender, DO NOT call them out on it. Although they are usually influenced by other people, more often than not, they're just trying to find out who they are.

I've had friends who behaved similarly, although instead of saying they were trans, they were just bisexual/homosexual. Those that I am still friends with regret it but after they grew up, they've asked me and other friends why we went along with it when they clearly weren't the sexuality they said they were, so it is likely that many transtrenders will do the same when they grow up, and chances are, they'll be better people than they would have been without this change in personality.
>>
>>6316381
>do that on the internet
>cis girls creep me out ree
>have cis friends but the only ones I'm close to are coincidentally trans
>brother isn't lgbt but as soon as he was born i started getting less attention from mom (no dad)
>always trying to be center of attention
>even though my identification name is different, my friends call me by the name of a tabletop character I played years ago and I don't try to stop it
>????
>actually am the only trans person I know who doesn't do that, I don't act like a different person and desu the only thing that changed about my personality was what was caused by hormones, otherwise I've always been girly

am I a transtender help
>>
>>6316381

I can't tell if this is troll or not but...

>just trying to find out who they are

Or maybe they're a bunch of attention starved cunts who are desperately trying to fit into their group of friends by convincing themselves that they are something their not.

Also I'm pretty sure that calling them out earlier in their lives would have allowed them more time to grow up and become better people quicker.

Its like if my friend was a an extreme racist and i never call him out because "he'll be a better person if he stays a racist untill he aged significantly and realises by himself that he was a racist."
>>
>>6313667
>>6316151
you talk about that as if transtrender tumblrites are just poor innocent teenagers trying to find themselves in this insane bigoted world, when IN REALITY they're mostly cis girls with a special snowflake complex, bored with their perfect lives in their confortable middle-class homes, attacking real trans people (remember tucute/truscum war?) because the "truscum" wouldn't take seriously their fashion acessory genders (or you really think that someone with a flower/animal/fictional character pronouns are real transexual individuals???) and instead, they end up being even more aggressive and transphobic than extreme religious conservatives. i'm YET to see any transtender ending up to be a real transexual and not just another bunch of tumblrite cunts.
>>
I take hormones, but I don't make attempts at passing in public because I know I wouldn't. Maybe someday, but I'll probably just kill myself. Am I trans?
>>
>>6316202
i'm trans-cisgender....
>>
>>6313625
>transgender
Tranny I like
>transtrender
Tranny I don't like
>>
>>6313668
but friend, some anime is cool! ;_;
>>
>>6319440
>i'm YET to see any transtender ending up to be a real transexual and not just another bunch of tumblrite cunts.
I see it constantly, you're probably some high strung first year tranny who thinks she has it all figured it out.
>>
>>6313625
Ok literally ask them one question

>Do you want to be trans?

if yes then transtrender

To be fair they might be lying, but if it was a completely honest answer then its a good test
>>
>>6319661
you sound like someone who's bitter because steven-universe-themed genders does not make you transexual

>i see it like, all the timez
fucking prove it, bitch
>>
>>6319687
not really.

not every trans person is miserable about it and it's not a requirement to be trans. most trans people really would rather be trans than a cis person of their birth gender (aka a mtf would rather be mtf than a cis dude, a ftm would rather be ftm than a cis chick).
a lot of people have come to terms with it and have accepted it.
>>
>>6319652
no it's more like

>transgender
transgender people
>transtrender
people who take cosplay too seriously
>>
>>6313625
People who dont want to make any attempt to look the other gender but still wanna call themselves trans regardless. i saw a shitty as tumblr post about masculine presenting "transwomen" that looked like run of the mill men but demanded to treated as women. fucking christ, how deliegtimizing of trans people
>>
>>6319772
here we see an example of this principal in action
>>
>>6319772
oh my god you're one of those "DYSPHORIA IS NOT REQUIRED TO BE TRANS" aren't you????
also
>most trans people really would rather be trans than a cis person of their birth gender
holy fuck, just... just go away. you obviously don't have a clue of what being trans means.
>>
WHO ALLOWED TUMBLR TO GET IN HERE
>>
>>6319764
>hurrrr
I probably have a more solid diagnosis than you will ever have.

>>6319776
>muh projecting corrections
No, the original is and remains true.

>>6319798
You sound triggered.
>>
>>6319808
If you want an echo chamber, maybe you could go back to leleddit.
>>
>>6319772
>not every trans person is miserable about it and it's not a requirement to be trans
bullshit but ok
>most trans people really would rather be trans than a cis person of their birth gender
Not really. You don't know that for sure. You can only speak for yourself. I can only speak for myself. Now I personally wouldn't want to be a cis girl because I can't girlmode for the life of me and would just be some awkward dyke who doesn't fit in with any other girls or guys
But I don't WANT to be trans, I didn't ask for dysphoria. I'm just doing it so I can stop hating my body
>>
>>6319798
I have read a lot, but it sounds like I would enjoy reading anything you've written or posted on this. bonus: i'm dysphoric DID one complicated alter, and I'm dressed cute and want to groupchat.
>>
>>6319440
>you talk about that as if transtrender tumblrites are just poor innocent teenagers trying to find themselves in this insane bigoted worl
Some are. I'd say most.

>you really think that someone with a flower/animal/fictional character pronouns are real transexual individuals???
Strawman. Or "weakman" at least. I was not referring to these arseholes at all, but to people who are "non-binary" or any other variation of trans that does not include transition. The "mayo is a gender" group is really just a tiny amount of delusional people with no real impact on anything; their existence just gets blown way out of proportion because they are the "weakman". I.e. their existance can be used to dismiss non-binaries and even 'trutrans' because they are so silly, so they're brought up all the time by people with a certain agenda. Really, they're to transpeople what the Westboro Baptist Church is to Christianity.
>>
Everybody hates a tourist. You can tell because they act like tourists. They'll smile at mundane and things that make us suffer, and yell when there's nothing to yell about.
>>
>>6319772
Yeah I get where you're coming from, if I was offered a pill that would make me cis I wouldn't take it, It would change my personality. But I still don't want to be trans

Also what's the point of transitioning if not to be happier. Now that doesn't mean you have to be miserable beforehand, but it does mean you have to want to change. If you don't want to change yourself, fundamentally, you are not trans.

which is why people get so angry at "Non-binary proxvir demi-boys", Because they're not changing themselves, but rather finding labels for tiny aspects of their personality they already have.
>>
>>6323850
so are all the miserable transitioners not trans?
>>
>>6313667
Found the vegan
>>
>>6323879
of course they are, I never said they weren't
>>
>>6313714
Holy shit, I haven't seen her face in like six years. I found her on YouTube way back in my middle school edgy atheist phase. She was, like, probably the first transgender person I was ever made aware of. I am now nonbinary myself. Thanks for this nostalgia hit, anon.
>>
>>6320018
>i'm more trans than u! uwu
nigga, you're defending transtrenders. you're obviously one of them and i have no desire to engage in a debate with minors on the internet.
>>
>>6320026
lol i've seen the likes of you a thousand times before, like a xerox copy. your opinion is far away from being anything other than hive-mind parroting.
>>
>>6321334
This is the only astute post on this entire goddamn thread.
>>
Transsexuals typically desire and benefit from cross-sex hormones and reassignment surgeries, and live increasingly successful lives largely assimilated into society. Their main priority in identifying as trans is in denoting their status as individuals who need or have had to alter sex characteristics to feel at home in their bodies. I certainly don't like a lot of transsexuals, but across the board there is a shared truth of dysphoria and necessity.

Transtrenders do not prioritize transition, and when they do access aspect of it it is not with the goal of eliminating cognitive dissonance, but creating an externalized dissonance. Their plight is in pushing social boundaries around concepts of sex and gender, but in a largely juvenile, arrogant fashion that belies a deeper ignorance and soulless narcissism. They colonize trans space for the pleasure of what I can only deign to call histrionic performance art.
>>
>>6313625
>how to tell the difference

the surgical scars
>>
I use to think I was a tolerant bisexual woman but I think I fucking hate trannies.

Am I just exposed to the absolute worst trash and decent trans are just flying under the radar? What percentage are actually fucking mentally ill entitled pieces of shit? Cause I'm leaning towards 80% at least.
>>
>>6313625
tanstrenders are non-binary 100% of the time. transgenders either repress it hard or take e/t, there is no middle ground for this group.

>>6313667
fuck off to tumblr
>>
File: 1435824546159.png (34 KB, 763x251) Image search: [Google]
1435824546159.png
34 KB, 763x251
>>6313668
dam u almost got me senpai
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.