[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Gay Accent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1450953327561.png (105 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1450953327561.png
105 KB, 512x512
frequent /fit/izen here, first time poster on /lgbt/

Genuinely what's with the stereotypical 'gay man' voice? You know the one, where it's raspy and feminine. It's not just a movie trope, I've met at least 3 or 4 people that talk like that.

I'm not by any means trying to offend anyone I'm actually just curious why people put on that voice, it must actually take mental effort to talk like that as opposed to just speaking normally.
>>
File: time-2-womansplain.gif (1 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
time-2-womansplain.gif
1 MB, 400x300
Some gay guys are raised by single mothers and, due to peer isolation in school, end up hanging out with girls.

The result is a natural, subconscious emulation of their voice, just like every single straight guy in a group sounds almost exactly the same, how every group of girls has the exact same laughter, and how gym goers have almost the same grunts.

This isn't the case of all gay guys, obviously, which is why most /don't/ have the 'gay accent'.

And there's the ones who do it on purpose to make identification easier.

This isn't something negative, by the way. I'm MtF.
>>
>>6279841
That makes sense I guess, kinda how if you live in a different english speaking country, say you move from england to australia, you subconsciously start to emulate the accent since It's all you hear
>>
>>6279641
I'll say one thing, it's not voluntary. Plenty of effeminate gay guys I know are ashamed and confused why they're like that and why they talk like that. It's totally subconscious and shit whatever it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R21Fd8-Apf0
>>
>>6279641
It's because it has been scientifically proven multiple times in the medical field that gays have more oestrogen than men and lack testosterone. It causes them to be effeminate and act like the human trash they are.
>>
I'm gay and I don't talk in a feminine voice, but every other gay man I've seen has one
>>
>>6286651
For most of the gays I've seen, one way or another they have some sought of effeminate trait even if it is subconscious. Being gay does this to you as you lack testosterone and you've got high levels of oestrogen.
>>
File: 1428858871232.png (133 KB, 562x472) Image search: [Google]
1428858871232.png
133 KB, 562x472
>>6286632
>>6286672
r-rREMOVe THiss froOM mY HUGbOXx RIGht FUCKING NOWW!!1!
>>
>>6286672
this. just lesgen rolling through

i used to be friends with a gay guy who tried very hard to be masc, but whenever he would yell at his dog or his mom(lel) he would sound like an actual woman, like an angry soccer mom. it was so funny.
hes a lisping faggot now
>>
>>6279841
Why are lesbians masculine then? despite mostly hanging around women?
>>
>>6286726
This, I fucking know right. Gay """"men"""" are scum of the Earth and need to be fucking put down.
>>
>>6286849
too obvious
>>
>>6279641
I have a bit of an effeminate accent, I have since I was young. My mother would constantly ask me if I was gay in my teens although I always said no just because I hadn't put two and two together yet myself.

I didn't even know I talked kinda effeminate, I found out through others. It's not bad though, like over-the-top-flamer tier. It's more subtle than that, but it's still present and noticeable.

I've tried to get rid of it but I always slip back into it.
>>
>>6286632
Source plox.
>>
>>6279841
This.
It was published in a psychology journal many years ago.
It's why the gay voice is slowly going away since straight guys are okay with gays now so they don't get pushed to hangout with women.
>>
>>6279641
Common misconception.
If you actually raise the pitch of a man's voice who has a gay accent, it's indistinguishable from a regular females. They voice patterns basically mimic female voice patterns, so it's either subconscious or influenced by hormones.
>>
File: 1464364972561.jpg (65 KB, 736x822) Image search: [Google]
1464364972561.jpg
65 KB, 736x822
>>6279641
I've also met some guys like that...
...they weren't gay
>>
>try really hard to be masc
>eventually give up and acidentally go effeminate
Its like when youve been sitting down all day the only thing u wanna do is run around and jump, if u act masc all the time all u wanna do is relax and be fem
And gay dudes often try to act masc too hard so the bounce back is strong
>>
>>6279841
Huh. Do you think most gay guys raised by single mothers or a unbalanced two-parent household?
>>
>>6286706
!!!!!
>>
It's affected and goes away for most gay men under hypnosis. Mostly people who want to be identified or want attention for their sexuality.
>>
>>6286632
>lack testosterone
God I wish somebody told my back that during puberty.
>>
>>6279641
I like the gay voice.
I never understood why other straight guys liked straight acting gay guys, I much prefer over the top gay guys.
I wish more gays were over the top
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.