[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The differences in humans defined as Female & Male are social
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (231 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
231 KB, 640x1136
The differences in humans defined as Female & Male are social constructs based on the genital you developed during the pregnancy, So how does one actually define male & female from a completely neutral non biased point of view ?
>>
No offense, but unambiguously defining something on purely morphological/genetic data is completely neutral and non biased.

For me personally, I treat everyone like they want to be treated. If you wanna be treated like a girl, referred to as "she" and seen as such, I'm happy to do so because I know it makes you happy and it really isn't much trouble for me either. Just don't expect people to accept your new trendy meme-genders. Changing it every few days won't work either.

In social situations, for me mtf are females and ftm are males and are treated exactly as such.
>>
>neutral non-biased point of view
top kek
>>
>>6303011
I feel the need to spell it out to people that it's neutral and non biased otherwise the collective fkbois of lgbt will feel like they are being attacked by someone of the enemy gender.
>>
>>6303060
Change view to awareness. Myb
>>
>>6303011
There are a lot of nuances on just constituting sex, like what one considers the main marker: genitals, chromosomes, hormones, brain patterns, etc; not even talking about gender, there is definetly little neutral or non-biased things in this area yet.
>>
>>6302985
People develop genitalia during pregnancies? Like. A new set of genitalia? Weird.
>>
>>6303077
Genitals are a defining feature you have either female, male, both or none. Those are the categories which are set in stone. No matter what you think or what chromosomes you have those are the outcomes.
>>
>>6303088
Yes. No.
>>
>>6303089
>set in stone
You mean because you say so?
I may as well say that the chromosomes are the defining feature, or some other shit, and say that you are objectively wrong.
>>
>>6302985
The gender performance is the social aspect of your biological sex, gender per se is neutral or at least just little influenced by your chromosomes (testosterone makes you aggressive et similar) the rest is a social construct that defines how you MUST behave and what you MUST wear to be accepted in society.
>>
>>6303103
Awnser this question. Can you have any gentalia besides female, male, both or none ?
>>
>>6303122
It has nothing to do with anything.
May as well replace genitals with feet and say small feet = female, large feet = male. Or chromosomes or whatever.
It's just your own narrow subjective association that has little to do with objective factors.
>>
>>6302985
>The differences in humans defined as Female & Male are social constructs based on the genital you developed during the pregnancy

I can't anwer this question becaue it's based on a false premise
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.