[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Germaine Greer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
What does the citizens of /lgbt/ think about Germaine Greer?

She's one of the most popular feminist icons of the second wave of feminism and some of her books have never been out of print, selling steadily for decades.

For those who are not familiar with her: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B8Q6D4a6TM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germaine_Greer

A short summary of her opinions:
>Does not recognize that transwomen are women or that transmen are men.
>Will use the correct pronouns "as a courtesy".
>Does not believe in equality, believes women are better than men.
>Does not want to give a definition to feminism.
>Believes that the nuclear family is a negative environment to raise kids in.
>Believes that the promotion of birth control in the third world is not humanitarian, but something based on the fear of poor people procreating.
>>
She's a grade A cunt. It bugs me when I see her on the telly.
>>
>Does not recognize that transwomen are women or that transmen are men.
Gahhh I just wrote a report on trans history. Second wave radfems seem like bitches, especially to trans women.
>Does not want to give a definition to feminism.
Like most feminists now desu
>Believes that the promotion of birth control in the third world is not humanitarian, but something based on the fear of poor people procreating.
Wow. What an uneducated opinion. Of course people shouldn't reproduce while poor! That's just dragging more kids into poverty. If someone wants kids, they should be at least working class IMHO.
>>
>>6298579
It's worth remembering that when she talks about birth control she includes things such as condoms which are the most effective way of preventing unwanted births and STDs. I really can't understand how preventing a woman from being able to practice safe sex without risking to infected with a virus somewhere where there's sub par health care or being doomed to poverty because of her large family is a good thing, let alone even vaguely related to feminism.

What really baffles me is that many of her positions seems more aligned with the religious right than the modern day left.
>>
>>6298539
Her aggressive and beautifully articulated stance on women's liberation helped to motivate myself and a few others I know to become invested in learning more about feminist theory and activism.

It's sad to see that she's mostly just a mouthpiece of the regressive right.
>>
>>6298539
>>Does not believe in equality, believes women are better than men.

Close to a million years of history would like to have a word with her. lol
>>
>>6298600
If you look at her smug face it seems like she only espoused that opinion because she wants poor people to suffer more.
>>
>>6298539
Jew. The only thing you need to know.
>>
>>6298539
Every cis woman I know thinks she's an idiot and has no idea why she ever was considered a feminist icon.
>>
File: rocks.png (23 KB, 296x168) Image search: [Google]
rocks.png
23 KB, 296x168
>>6298539
>does not want to give a definition of feminism
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 640x1136
>>6298539
Her followers harassed and made rape and death threats against a poor woman who made Greer look dumb.

They also stalk and threaten women critical of antigay laws.

Pretty sordid people who terrorize women in the name of radical feminism.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-31-13-53-39.png (451 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-31-13-53-39.png
451 KB, 1920x1080
>>6298539

holy kek

wew m8
>>
File: image.jpg (218 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218 KB, 640x1136
>>6298539
I Mean, seriously, that poor Butch woman kicked out of a restroom cause she was mistaken for Trans did nothing wrong but Greer followers were enraged and stalked her at work tried to get her fired and made her fear for safety.

Attacking women who make your tranny hate look dumb isn't feminism.
>>
>>6299236
But there's nothing wrong with stalking and threatening women critical of antigay laws.
>>
>>6298600
>What really baffles me is that many of her positions seems more aligned with the religious right than the modern day left.
It's a common theme with terfs, they even team up in some political efforts.
>>
isn't she a bloodborne character
>>
>>6298641
Nothing she said supports your accusation.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.