[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lgbt/ views on nonbianary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-05-24-17-31-20.png (427 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-24-17-31-20.png
427 KB, 1440x2560
So I used to think nonbianary people were obnoxious special snowflakes that just crated unnecessary drama in the struggle of lgbt rights over weird prnoun shit, but recently I met this really great girl (they? Really great they I guess) and over the past six months has proven herself to be a truly trustworthy, wonderful person. She's not crying oppression about being nb, she's rather quiet about it.
But on the other hand I do believe in binary gender. I've experienced some really rough homophobia over my life, and I feel like their 'struggle' undermines the hard work of homosexuals and transsexuals to be accepted as simply normal individuals in society.
Idk, one part of me thinks I'm right, the other thinks I'm ignorant. What do you folks think?
>>
>>6258854
Non binary is a political movement. Falling in love means abandoning your critical faculties.
>>
>>6258854
I don't think it undermines gay rights or the gay struggle, unless they're arguing that not being ~understood~ as a pangender/agender/genderqueer is equivalent to how much gay people have been shit on throughout history.

But I do think people who take it too seriously and believe you can actually change gender or be both genders at the same time sometimes try to undermine homosexuality by trying to tell me, for example, that if I'm attracted to a biological woman who looks like a biological woman but ~identifies~ as a man, that this means I'm not a lesbian. When you're getting to the point of biology denialism, you can't be taken seriously as a movement.
>>
>>6258935
If you're attracted to a biological man that looks like a biological woman that identifies as a biological man then you're lesbian. True enough.

But if you're attracted to a biological woman that looks like a biological man that identifies as a biological woman. Then maybe you're a circumsexual queer.
>>
>>6258969

>being a part of the lgbt community and having this bad of a gender dar
>>
>>6258990
Yes, yes I know. You saw a thread about non binary so you thought you would take the opportunity to let us all know that you do not respect the gender of trannies. Well done, clap clap clap. You're very intelligent and wise. You'll fit right in our community of bigotry anonymous.
>>
>>6258888
Anything where you defend your interests as a collective in public is inherently political.

Falling in love is quite bad for anyone's critical faculties.
>>
>>6258854
I don't care too much
I even respect their pronouns if it's standart and nothing totally ridiculous

Unless they're like "gender doesn't exist" and stuff and give my shit for being binary trans
Talk for yourself and not for others
>>
>>6258854
It's just a new label really. A decade ago she would've just called herself a tomboy.
>>
>>6258854
Genders are based on sex and, with the exception of a rare birth defect, there are only two sexes. It's impossible to not be or present as either male or female. Your secondary sex characteristics determine what gender you're treated as by society
>>
>>6263309
>with the exception of a rare birth defect
And this couldn't be yet another exception that we don't understand yet? Some neurological research has found a greater degree of dimorphic overlap in some regions than previously realised. In the context of trannies I often see people state that intersex people "don't count" for comparisons of room inbetween the sexes because they're "just a rare exception" but they're not really any more rare than trannies.

>Your secondary sex characteristics determine what gender you're treated as by society
Yes but that's just cultural expectations and views and only part of it, you could just as well say that "your dress and mannerisms determine what gender you're treated as by society" and not really be wrong.
>>
>>6258854
Nice and trustworthy people can still be ignorant dumbfucks unintentionally undermining the struggle of actual transsexuals and gay people. She's just a girl who thinks ~not being like other girls~ makes her not a girl, which reflects poorly on her even if she's quiet about it.
>>
>>6258854
>I met this really great girl
let me guess twenty something, boring personality middle class, art school, weird hair.
you just wanna fuck Qöz don't you? just admit it
so just drop this gender Identity Bullshit
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.