[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Officially coming out as trans (FtM) tomorrow to my parents.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1464040805847.png (260 KB, 716x462) Image search: [Google]
1464040805847.png
260 KB, 716x462
Officially coming out as trans (FtM) tomorrow to my parents.

0 clue as to how they will react.

What do if reaction is bad
>inb4 kill yourself or stop being trans
>>
>>6253315
Before you come out, make sure you have somewhere safe to go like a friend's and a way to get there. Pack a go bag and either have it ready or at the friend's place.

If you don't have anyone, contact a youth LGBT shelter. If you already have a therapist have them in standby for you, and also as a resource for your parents.

Get some pamphlets/print out trans 101 stuff. I recommend PFLAG stuff.

Write a letter with everything you want to say before going in so you at least have something to reference. Things to include: childhood memories, describe your dysphoria, stress the medical disorder aspect and how it is no one's fault, that you love them and know they love you, how you need your decision to come out to be respected, stress that the decision is telling and not you 'deciding to be trans'

Best of luck bro. Post updates and feel free to post in /ftmg/
>>
>>6253351
Thanks yo
>>
>>6253315

Do you have any idea how they feel about gay people?
>>
>>6253393
Not really. Neither of them are religious, but they make a lot of distasteful jokes at lgbt peoples expenses. My mom was upset that i cut my hair short because she thinks i look like a lesbian, and my dad makes a lot of jokes about chicks with dicks and whatever. They never really talk about it so idk their actual opinions on the matter
>>
good luck and if they kick you out or whatever have a friend ready to stay with or somethign
>>
>>6253315
Don't do it if you are dependent on them for anything: food, housing, money, etc.
>>
>>6253315
there's no need to come out straight away just because tumblr told you to, wait 'til you're in a financially viable position to check out of their lives
coming out before you're ready to is an awful meme, waiting til you're safe doesn't make you less valid and you can still try and stealth transition in the meantime
>>
>>6253315
Don't expect anyone to really take you seriously until you've been on the hormones for a while and look the part. People are dicks.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.