[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
europoor here, how efficient are kukri at home defense? Gun laws
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: kukri.jpg (110 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
kukri.jpg
110 KB, 800x600
europoor here, how efficient are kukri at home defense? Gun laws are incredibly strict in Polan. I could get myself a black powder revolver, but im thinking a good melee weapon would be good enough, and kukri looks like a fine tool for being the go-to weapon.
>>
Is there any benefit to the forward-bent shape? Are there any Gurkas who can answer this?
>>
>>29899163
Just get a regular machete and / or a small baseball bat
>>
>>29899177
Increase chopping efficiency for reasons I don't care to get into

They are fine but more reach is better and they are primarily used with chopping/slashing motions so you'll have to determine if you'll have enough room to use it

While they can be used to stab the range is limited, if I were serious about using a mele tool for home defense it would be a short spear like a Zulu iklwa, if it has a longer blade it can be used like a hewing spear for the occasional chop or slash, the cold steel short assegai or boar spear with a shortened haft are some of the better ones I've seen on the market

A short spear can be used in close with one hand or two as you would a bayonet and you will be able to out reach things like long knives, machete and bats
>>
I would consider Kukri's are to complicated in a HD situation.
How about a Trench knife in combination with CS-Gas?
>>
>>29899227
Have fun airing out your home for a couple weeks after the gas, Abdul
>>
>>29899235
Thats nothing but an inconvenience.
You could also use Jet pepperspray, i for one are a huge fan of CS due to experience
>>
>>29899243
>*am a huge
>>
>>29899163
They're good for slashing, machete duties and the like, but for actually putting people down you need something pointy that can reliably punch a hole in someone a good 4-5 inches.
Slicing people up usually results in a lot of screaming, bleeding and generally all fucked up but not dead, well unless they bleed out from some arterial cut but that'll take a while. A good light hatchet (around 1-1.5kg) might also be a decent option if you're looking to make whacking great holes in people, plus you can beat on them with the blunt end.

In terms of fighting inside somewhere like the average house though, stabbing and jabbing away is generally easier to do unless you live in some kind of mansion.
Actually learning to fight with a knife or other bladed and blunt weapons though is something you do need to learn, otherwise it gets taken off you and rammed sideways up your arsehole and you probably wont like that much.
>>
>>29899177
Just read the wiki page for it, it explains the advantage of curved blade
>>
File: 20150501_212507[1].jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20150501_212507[1].jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>29899163
git gud, fagget
>>
They're only as effective as you are.
>>
>>29899163
>Gun laws are incredibly strict in Polan.

No they're not, you're just a lazy shit or underageb&.
If it's the former, unfuck yourself and get a gun.
>>
>>29899883
>I didn't read the op
>>
>>29899904
>I didn't open the pic
>>
File: ohnute-en.jpg (385 KB, 800x646) Image search: [Google]
ohnute-en.jpg
385 KB, 800x646
Join ROMB and fight for gun rights in Poland.

As for your question: short telescopic baton and gas canister. Blades are terrible idea for self-defence. You cant scale the level of violence with blade. One stab or slash and you are a killer. Also educate yourself on local laws concerning self-defence.
>>
>>29899883
brzydkiburak pls
>>
>>29900010
Where to get miracle baton in Europe? I live in very cucked country.
>>
What do you mean miracle? Package on pic has german words on it.
>>
>>29901375
package just says telescopic beating stick
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.