[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /k/ I was looking into buying my frist pistol. My price
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: ruger.png (350 KB, 820x486) Image search: [Google]
ruger.png
350 KB, 820x486
Hello /k/ I was looking into buying my frist pistol. My price range is 400 and lower. What caught my eye was a Ruger SR9E. What would you recommend /k/
>>
>>29894310
>What caught my eye was a Ruger SR9E

I would stay away from the cheaper guns like ruger's 9mms, s&w sdv's, caniks etc.

Lowest you should go is an m&p9 which can be had for $400 and even lower if trade ins crop up.
>>
>>29894310

Certified meh-tier striker gun.

Just save a few more dollars for an M&P or something.
>>
>>29894310
The 9E is a good pistol. Nothing fancy but it shoots well. Trigger is pretty decent. Only comes with 1 magazine though.

The S&W SD9VE is another option for around $300, although I've heard the trigger kind of sucks. Can be fixed with an apex trigger kit, same as the M&P pistols I believe.

Another popular budget gun is the Canik TP9. It's made in Turkey, which some people don't like. But it seems to work fine and is well liked by those who buy it. Also comes with more in the way of extras than most budget pistols.

Last one I can think of off the top of my head is the Walther PPX, they're available for about $300 at the CDNN Sports website. They didn't sell well and they're trying to sell off the rest of their stock at a low price. Good deal for the price. A little large and not the best looking, but the looks grow on you. The trigger is also very nice.
>>
Cheap guns are good enough, but save for something fun if you can
>>
>>29894402
>Also comes with more in the way of extras than most budget pistols.

feature bloat isn't a desireable thing anon.
>>
File: hk usp.png (567 KB, 666x500) Image search: [Google]
hk usp.png
567 KB, 666x500
>>29894402
the cabela's near me mistook the PPX for a hi point and put it on the shelf next to them
>>
>>29894429
I wasn't talking about extra pistol features, I meant the holster and such included in the box. If someone's looking for a budget pistol, they might like a free holster too.

>>29894439
Yeah, they've kind of got that look. The silver slide helps avoid the confusion some.
>>
>>29894472
>I meant the holster and such

No handgun has a good holster that comes with it. You either buy a good custom made one or you don't.
>>
>>29894480
I never claimed it was good. I just said that people buying budget pistols might like the free holster as they're less likely to shell out for a good custom one.
>>
just buy used brah
>>
>>29894548
>>29894548
>>29894548
>>29894548
>>29894548
>>29894548
a good used gun is better than a brand new shitty gun
>>
>>29894402

this OP. I believe the P07 and P09 are in the mid to low $400s too if you're interested.

M&P would be worth the extra money too as other anons suggested.
>>
File: 1445366030486.jpg (4 MB, 3900x5008) Image search: [Google]
1445366030486.jpg
4 MB, 3900x5008
>>29894310
Some anon made this, could be of some help.
>>
>>29894310
I wouldn't go with the 9E at this point, it's a Ruger with less build quality. You're much better off getting a used SR9/9C at the same price. The 40C has been pretty good for me and I would choose it over a Glock, but it's just a little "off" in a few areas like the sights where they really cheaped out. The grip is also very smooth so you will need some aftermarket tape to make it easy to shoot. I wasn't very impressed with the sdv9e's or 99's either, they're sort of fat and awkward. The M&P 9 is good but barebones (a pro for a lot of people). The suggestions for the PPX's and CZ P's are good, but if you aren't dead-set on a polymer striker then branch out into the used da/sa market and look at something like a Bersa or Beretta.
>>
I have a Ruger SR9C, it's been super reliable, it's comfortable to shoot. Has a manual safety which is a big deal for first time carry people and it small enough to be easily concealed.

Honestly, I have 4 Rugers, and every one of them has been great so I can't do anything BUT recommend them.

I'd go in to a few gun shops and hold as many guns in your rice range as possible though. At the end of the day you shouldn't be expecting, and not settling for anything less than 100% reliability out of a firearm so you should focus on what gun feels right to you. Any major gun manufacturer will make it right if you buy a new firearm and have problems with it.
>>
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
Buy one nigger
>>
FNS 9 can be had in BLK/BLK No manual safety for under for
$400 search on slickguns
>>
File: WP_20150618_002.jpg (1 MB, 2000x3552) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150618_002.jpg
1 MB, 2000x3552
As an aficionado of budget guns, I say go for it.
>>
>>29894310

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/21_82/Handguns/CZ-USA/page/1/sort/6a
>>
>>29896093
it doesn't really have a lower build quality, but cost saving measures

squared off slide instead of round
different finish
no chamber indicator
fewer extras that just get thrown in a drawer later
>>
If you don't mind a bit worn: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=557050681
>>
File: tp9sf-list-15-66[1].jpg (31 KB, 720x500) Image search: [Google]
tp9sf-list-15-66[1].jpg
31 KB, 720x500
>>29894310
Get a Canik TP9SF
Probably the best sub-400 handgun
>>
>>29894310
Get an FNS9 for like 40 more and it'll never leave you wanting more. If you like .40 you can get that one for less than 400 new. They're selling them off because they're going to start selling it as a caliber conversion kit gun.
>>
Did we scare off OP? Haven't seen one post from him since he started this thread.
>>
>>29897459
what the hell happened to those?
>>
>>29897564
Honestly probably just long term holster wear.
>>
>>29897509
or because they were a flop and a huge pile of steaming squishysquishy shit?

even the FNX45T ended up being a turd.
>>
Thanks for all the suggestions. I might look into getting one of those CZ, One of the problem is I'm only 18 and getting a pistol in my state at 18 is kinda of a bitch. So i have to find it at a none licensed FFL dealer
>>
How about a SIG P-250 .40S&W?
>>
>>29897907
In that case you should just watch Armslist for any pistol from one of the major manufacturers that have a good reputation (S&W, Ruger, Walther, FN, HK, SIG, etc.) that look to be in good condition and are at your price range. Also, see if you have any local or state specific trading websites, for example I also use VA Gun Trader. Then make sure they understand it is legal to sell to someone under 21 privately and they are ok with it.

Or if your parents are cool with it, you could just have them buy the gun from an FFL for you.
>>
>>29894678
Might be helpfull if that shit was readable
>>
>>29894310
Ruger offers a killer warranty that means you can abuse the shit out of the gun, but I really like my Canik and it was pretty damn cheap when I got it. If you can get a TP9 for sub $350 I'd say do that. If you can't go with the Ruger.
>>
>>29900183
>open image in new tab
>zoom

Tada!
>>
>>29894678
That's pretty informative and would def be beneficial to any first time home defense gun owner. However that anons handgun choices are mostly shit.
>>
>>29894578
The older P07 "duty" marked models, yes, but a new one will run you ~530 - 560
>>
>>29900146
>what is a straw purchase
>>
>>29901498
>gift from immediate family
>straw purchase

Choose one
>>
>>29901498
A straw purchase is when the intended recipient is not legally allowed to possess the gun.

18-20 year olds are legally allowed to possess and for the most part carry handguns, but oddly they can't purchase it directly from an FFL. There are no laws prohibiting a private sale or "purchase of a gift" for a 18-20 as long as they aren't a felon or shit.
>>
>>29900920
I get the impression it's something a random threw together at 3am, considering the spelling and muzzle loaders. Not the worst advice I've seen.
>>
I have to buy from armlist. I don't belive I have someone to buy from a FFL dealer for me. I saw a SIG P250 for under 400 used. Should I even bother with buying a new gun? Or just get a good ol used one?
>>
I see everyone recommending me a Atuo pistol. What about a revolver? Is there any good choices for a buget one?"
>>
>>29902521
The Sig P250 is probably their worst model. Don't consider one of those unless you've used it. New isn't a big deal with pistols, but heavily worn is when you start having issues with parts wearing out, etc. and it's just not worth the discounted price. Lightly used generally means "broken in" to me, barring it was sold because it's a lemon. It's worth the time to research any pistol you're considering.

>>29902561
Basically, a budget revolver is asking for trouble. They just aren't cheap pistols unless you get a really good deal on a used one.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.