[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Social Security just posted their plan to start reporting ce
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 16
Social Security just posted their plan to start reporting certain people to NICS.

The comment period is open for sixty days, make sure you drop buy and tell them this is a bad idea.

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2016/05/05/2016-10424/implementation-of-the-nics-improvement-amendments-act-of-2007
>>
How is this a bad idea?

The only way to reduce gun violence in America is keeping all guns out of the hands of some people, which this ncis thing will do. We currently have a bunch of bullshit keeping some guns out of the hands of everybody because retarded liberals.
>>
>>29853857
it's a pretty broad brush to paint with when everybody who "lacks the mental capacity to manage his or her own affairs" is determined by social security or the fbi to be of “marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease.” and therefore unfit to have firearm rights.

health care providers are already required by law to report any person who clearly shows signs of violent behavior, (i.e. james eagan holmes) or people who have been adjucated as mentally defective against their own will (its on the 4473) so this just seems redundant desu senpai.
>>
>>29853939
If you can't keep your shit together and manage your affairs to the point the government needs to help house, clothe, feed, and medicate you then you don't fucking get guns. That's a shining example of mentally defective.
>>
>>29854021
Are you saying it's wrong to trade my food stamps for cash to buy a gun ?
>>
>>29854021
yeah because seniors whom happen to be the #1 target of scam artists that have had their savings plundered and need financial aid need/deserve to be further victimized by the government by preventing them in their frail age from being able to adequately protect themselves further from scumbags robbing them
>>
>>29854076
Those scams come over the phone you dumbass, they can't defend themselves with a gun from scam phone calls.
>>
>>29854092
those scams come over the phone yes, but seniors don't only exist on the phone and happen to also be targeted in the average day by scumbags.

Penalizing seniors because they're susceptible to a phone scam should not be an acceptable excuse for the government to deny them the ability to defend themselves with firearms.
>>
>>29854129
The government isn't penalizing seniors. Seniors just happen to be disproportionately senile compared to the rest of the population. The government is 'penalizing' senile and insane people by ruling them mentally incompetent to own firearms, because they are.
>>
File: KVhmgA4.jpg (40 KB, 699x637) Image search: [Google]
KVhmgA4.jpg
40 KB, 699x637
>>29853857
>reducing gun violence
>keeping guns out of the hands of some people

Shall not etc.
>>
File: 2 spooky skellington.gif (301 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2 spooky skellington.gif
301 KB, 640x480
>>29853939
>it's a pretty broad brush
It really isn't at all. Did you even read the bill? It's not even that long.

>individuals who receive [benefits] AND the individual's mental impairment meets or medically equals the requirements of section 12.00 of the Listing of Impairments

If you are handicapped to the point of requiring federal living assistance, and are actively receiving benefits, you get reported to NICS as mentally deficient. I couldn't even comprehend how slight a fraction of the population that is.

You are advocating that severely mentally-impaired government moochers should have funs?
>SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
Oh, Lord.
>>
>>29854172
Maybe you should move to Europe if you hate freedom so much.
>>
I think people on the dole should be sterilized.
>>
File: join or die.jpg (203 KB, 800x577) Image search: [Google]
join or die.jpg
203 KB, 800x577
>>29853809
The federal government has no business deciding who may or may not own firearms.
>>
>>29854155
>https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2016/05/05/2016-10424/implementation-of-the-nics-improvement-amendments-act-of-2007

get back to me when a senior citizen goes on a rampage killing, this is nothing more but one more small slice to the second amendment and one more step for gun control that they can use later to justify even more gun control...
>>
>>29854021
>individuals who receive [benefits] AND the individual's mental impairment meets or medically equals the requirements of section 12.00 of the Listing of Impairments
>they have to be one AND the other
>meanwhile, liberal dicksuck mental health providers will still be too afraid to hurt poor jamal's feelings by telling him he is unfit to take care of himself or manage his own life
>and he is still eligible to buy guns legally
>wow it's fucking nothing

do you even know how NICS works? also, why do you think people need more justification than inalienable rights to own guns?
>>
>>29854256
>>meanwhile, liberal dicksuck mental health providers will still be too afraid to hurt poor jamal's feelings by telling him he is unfit to take care of himself or manage his own life
Actually this is targeted at Jamal and Tyrone who go on Social Security disability as a form of shadow welfare with no work requirements.
>>
>>29854181
>arm all retards, invalids, autists, the socially inept, and anyone taking any form of psychoactive prescription
Great idea.

Good thing it's self-policing for the most part, they're too stupid, deficient or broken to buy and use guns on their own until the next Adam Lanza/Seung-Hui Cho/James Holmes/Jared Loughner/Kip Kinkel/George Hennard/Elliot Rodger shows himself. Know what they all had in common? They weren't all just homicidal.

I'm not even for the bill, just showing that it's clearly logical. Greatest of all GOAT argument though.
>>
>>29854513
It's not always that cut and dry. Many mental illnesses are wildly overdiagnosed these days, either for access to drugs or because the doctor is incompetent.
>>
Half the black population qualifies as mentally disabled
>>
>>29853809
People with severe mental disabilities that should be prevented fro owning guns should probably be prevented from owning guns. This falls well within the current guidelines that prevent those adjudicated mentally defective from owning firearms.

I don't see a problem.
>>
>>29853809
So does this only effect people who have rep payees still because they're mentally incompetent? All this mumbo jumbo shit makes no sense.
>>
>>29853809
This doesn't really relate to people that receive SSDI or SSOASI. it only related to people that receive those benefits through a "representative payee".

Basically: If you're so fucked that you have a caregiver/handler that receives your pension on your behalf, you're not eligible to own guns.

literally how is this even an issue. It's pretty much a waste of time even legislating this, since these aren't exactly the types of people that are committing shootings anyway.
>>
I understand that it will effectively remove the rights of these people to have guns, but I'm not seeing how they go about doing it.
Is this through a court of law saying that they are mentally unstable and therefor should not own a firearm? or is this like the terrorist watch list were anyone can just *say* they think they are are terrorist?
If it is through a court of law, with proper evaluations,with consent of family/attorney I don't see any issues with it.
>>
>>29854563
Not really, the Administration is calling the shots without a judge. A panel decides for you.
>>
>>29854563
>If it is through a court of law, with proper evaluations,with consent of family/attorney I don't see any issues with it.
surely everything will go as planned if this rule change goes into effect. literally no shenanigans will happen, no sir.
>>
>>29854566
where does it say a panel decides for you?
It says a lawful authority, which is vague to me
>>
Yea, it's called "gang stalking".

And the states agents participate in crime.

They basically have a license to break all the laws.

If someone is trying to get you to steal from Wal-Mart, they are probably working with loss prevention and trying to get a bonus by scamming people.
>>
File: disliking cotton cloth.png (386 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
disliking cotton cloth.png
386 KB, 1080x1920
Can anyone please name one shooting that was carried out by a person that received social security through a representative payee?
>>
>>29854557

If you receive disability for a mental issue you will be prohibited.
>>
>>29854629

It applies to everyone receiving disability for a mental issue regardless if you/they receive the payments themselves or through a payee.
>>
>>29854669
I don't, since I'm not mentally defective, and that's not actually what the proposed ruling says. You should check your reading comprehension.

It only affects those with mental disabilities that receive payment through a representative payee, which is why they use the "AND" clause in their phrasing.
>>
>>29854680
> or through a payee.
Incorrect. see
>>29854684
>>
>>29854521
Plus, it opens the door for anyone with politically-unpopular opinions or who gets "uppity" to have their rights revoked.
>>
>>29854684

"we would identify, on a prospective basis, individuals who receive Disability Insurance benefits under title II of the Social Security Act (Act) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments under title XVI of the Act and also meet certain other criteria, including an award of benefits based on a finding that the individual's mental impairment meets or medically equals the requirements of section 12.00 of the Listing of Impairments"

The list of impairments is everything from mental retardation to Anxiety.

If you receive disability or SSI for a mental health reason, you have something in the list of impairments.
>>
>>29854684
So even if you get disability payments for a mental issue as long as you are your own payee your GTG unless something else happenedd outside of that.
>>
>>29854715
Again, I don't, and you left out parts:
>AND also meet certain other criteria, including an award of benefits based on a finding that the individual's mental impairment meets or medically equals the requirements of section 12.00 of the Listing of Impairments (Listings) AND receipt of benefits through a representative payee.
>>
>>29854723
Yes, pretty much.
>>29854730
>>
>>29853857
Only way to decrease gun violence in america is to increase budget of social programs like public health care, social securities and public schools.

Banning guns has always been the option for corporates since it's the cheaper option.
>>
>shut-ins can't use their autismbux to buy guns

sounds fucking fine by me
>>
>>29854715
Anxiety is a mental impairment? REALLY?
>>
>>29854743
technically, this only limits the shut ins that don't actually get their pension, since it is handled by a rep. Which is why I fail to see how this legislation actually does anything other than pad someone's feelings.
>>
>>29854730

""(1) Filed a claim based on disability; (2) we have determined to be disabled based on a finding at step three of our sequential evaluation process that the individual's impairment(s) meets or medically equals the requirements of one of the Mental Disorders Listing of Impairments (Listings) (12.00 et seq.); [25] (3) have a primary diagnosis code in our records that is based on a mental impairment; [26] (4) have attained age 18, but have not yet attained full retirement age; and (5) require their benefit payments to be made through a representative payee because we have found that they are incapable of managing benefit payments.
We propose to include the first four factors in order to help us identify individuals for whom our determination is the “result of” his or her mental impairment, and not because of another factor, such as the individual's age or physical impairment. The final factor, our appointment of a representative payee, focuses on the second factor under the applicable regulations, the individual's inability to manage his or her affairs. [27]"
The above states they are only going to require the first 4 categories, the 5th category is people the have a payee.

So it wont matter if you have a payee or not, it pretty much narrows it down to if you receive assistance for a mental health issue in general.
>>
>>29854748
Not your regular anxiety of worrying when your daughter arrived home three hours later than she was supposed to.

The kind of anxiety that doesn't allow you to leave the house for fear of getting mugged..
>>
>>29854748

Yes,Yes it is.

https://www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/12.00-MentalDisorders-Adult.htm
>>
>>29854750
>how this legislation actually does anything other than pad someone's feelings.
That's all it does. It is useless legislation.
>>
>>29854757
>The above states they are only going to require the first 4 categories
That's not what it says at all.
>>
>>29854757
All it says is that the first 4 narrow down the field, and the 5th is the final factor. It doesn't say what you think it does.
>>
>>29854780

What if you HAD a payee and no longer do/need one, I think people on social security ALL get a payee at the start of the process.
>>
>>29854797
>I think people on social security ALL get a payee at the start of the process.
I don't think that's the case, and they don't specify how people that used to have a payee will be handled, since they only use the present tense in their wording.

They do state that you can contest their findings, and you will be notified if you are going to be entered into hte NICS database.
>>
>>29854797

Third, ‘mental defective’ also does not include a person whose adjudication or commitment was imposed by a federal department or agency, and:
◦ The adjudication or commitment has been set aside or expunged, or the person has otherwise been fully released or discharged from all mandatory treatment, supervision or monitoring;

"Set aside or expunged" If they determine somebody no longer needs a payee, I would assume no.
>>
>>29854210
>get back to me when a senior citizen goes on a rampage killing
that's some D- argumentation, anon
>>
"Sorry anon, you were supposed to inherit grandpa's gun collection when he passed away, but the government confiscated them all when Alzheimer's started affecting him. They've all been melted down to add to the Hillary Clinton Peace Memorial, you won't be getting any of them now."
>>
>>29854629
Maybe they're intending to prevent accidental shootings and not mass killings?
>>
It doesn't say when it goes into effect whatsoever, could be years from now.
>>
>>29854826
The proposed ruling actually excludes people on Social Security Old Age Insurance. So, if gramps made it to alzheimers before needing a caregiver, he's safe.
>>
>>29854823
Isn't that what this is all about, really? Stopping all the "senseless killings" Obama talks about?
>>
File: read a book nigga.png (376 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
read a book nigga.png
376 KB, 1080x1920
>>29854831
So, then: Name any non-suicide committed by a person receiving SS through a payee.
>>
>>29854841
Accidental shootings are pretty much the most senseless killings.

>>29854846
I don't know how you'd expect me to do that, because a person's SS affairs aren't public knowledge, and accidental/mistaken shootings don't get a ton of press.
>>
>>29854846
>that highlighted paragraph
And people fucking praise McCarthy to this day.
>>
>>29854603
>If someone is trying to get you to steal from Wal-Mart, they are probably working with loss prevention and trying to get a bonus by scamming people.
So?
>>
>>29854839
I took that as anyone who was already receiving social security and may fall into this category was exempt from this until their review comes up.
>>
>>29854856
Accidental shootings are a statistical insignificance. That would be like banning nails because someone could step on a rusty one and get fucking tetanus.
>>
>>29854894
So are finger print activated safety mechanism failures yet /k/ still seems to hate those
>>
>>29854894
If a lot of children started suddenly stepping on a lot of nails they would try to ban 'em since soccer moms are hysterical about the safety of their kids.
>>
File: 1.jpg (30 KB, 595x355) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
30 KB, 595x355
>>29854907
>Where'd the goalpost go?

How often would those even be useful? Oh, right. When one of those insignificant accidents happen.
>>
>>29854741
>muh programs
>reducing violence
>>
>>29853809

test
>>
File: WalrusBoy.jpg (115 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
WalrusBoy.jpg
115 KB, 720x960
>>29853809

They can start with Gabby Giffords

Pretty sure she is on Social Security and is not doing her finances or able to do them, unless Markypoo wants them done in crayon.
>>
File: 1372235616878.jpg (754 KB, 3059x2048) Image search: [Google]
1372235616878.jpg
754 KB, 3059x2048
>>29854092

>scams come over phone
>shoot phone
>you just protected yourself from a phone scam with a gun

checkmate.
>>
>>29854926
Take a deep look at Canada, Nordics, Switzerland or anyother western liberal democracy and you'll notice one thing. They have less violence and more social programs. Guns are irrelevant since many western democracies still have pretty laxed gun laws compared to 3. rd world police states which try to solve violence through banning objects and being tough on crime.

Once you take a deep look at the statistics it should become painfully obvious that guns aren't the problem poverty is.
>>
>>29854702
No.
>>
>>29854982
Look at all those places. Racially and culturally homogenous for the most part. Now that people of other cultures are being introduced what has happened to the rate of violent crime?

America is an extremely large and diverse place. There is more violence the more you have people with different views.

>guns have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>29855038
Replace guns with programs. Im arguing with liberals on a different site too.
>>
>>29855038
Canada isn't exactly the most homogeneous country out there anon, and their weapon owners per capita is close to the ours.
>>
File: 1461423592445.png (797 KB, 812x806) Image search: [Google]
1461423592445.png
797 KB, 812x806
>>29854958
>>
>>29854021
Oh so they magically will never be victimized so they don't need defense. Fuck off.
>>
>>29854172
So someone in a wheel chair can't buy a gun. Good job got to crack down on the handicapped gangs they are a real problem.
>>
>>29854021
What about you get a divorce, be anxious or depressed for, say, 5 mo ths, which is perfectly normal... see a therapist, apply for social services because why not? Alimony is killing me... and then boom. One year later you find out 2nd Amendment does not apply to you because muh mental illness.

Protip: using health services you are entitled to as a taxpayer should not be sufficient reason to ban you from enjoying other rights.
>>
File: 1420188865017454.jpg (77 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1420188865017454.jpg
77 KB, 960x720
>>29853809
Perfect way to start taking guns away from people. Thank goodness I already got a bunch of guns now but I doubt this will pass due to major black lash already from Obama talking about doing this.
>>
its only if you are too retarded to handle your own money. lrn2read

>We recognize that this means we would provide some beneficiaries with the oral and written notice required by the NIAA, but ultimately not report them to the NICS because we determine that they do not require representative payees.
>>
>>29854760
Guess what? We are the safest people ever.

I had periods of withdrawal hikikumori style and guess what? No therapist ever declared me to be a danger to self or others. I was undermining my studies but that's all.

Actually, I should be the one who keeps the keys of the gun storage, because I go to great lengths to ensure nobody gets hurt.

It's called anxiety and stems from the need to please everyone. When you don't get out is just because you think you will fail to meet other people's needs.
>>
File: 1365778919627.png (682 KB, 683x719) Image search: [Google]
1365778919627.png
682 KB, 683x719
>>29853809
Have high function autism and a person who handles my money for me and I own guns.

This is just some bullshit for the government to inch its way into taking control.
>>
>>29854982
>Take a deep look at Canada, Nordics, Switzerland or anyother western liberal democracy and you'll notice one thing
They don't have a glorified black "culture" infestation in their cities. Our social programs need reform, not expansion. It already supports the urban "circle of life" that turns black youth into wastes of skin. We don't need more of that.
>>
If I got 302'd but was never officially diagnosed depressed am I still fucked? Been wondering this a long time
>>
>>29854092
>they can't defend themselves with a gun from scam phone calls.
Maybe you can't. I recommend you get some tactical training instead of watching youtube tutorials on operating.
>>
Would this effect someone with SSI?
>>
Well, this is a good reason as any to get off muh autismbux.
>>
>>29855633
if you qualified due to mental disability and have a representative payee, then yes. it doesn't distinguish between people that paid in and true leeches.
>>
For real though, this is a fucking BLATANT Jim Crow law if I've ever seen one. You'll never see the Dems say it, but you know it's because they're scared of their slaves going against them.
>>
>>29853857
Anon, you have to look at the numbers. White Americans have the same "gun crime" rates as fucking Holland.

It's the niggers. Just admit it. We don't have a gun problem, or a mental health problem. We have a nigger problem.

This is why the gun debate is so irrational and confusing for everyone. Because you're not allowed to talk about this, even if it's true. Your brain is potato salad.
>>
>>29855141
Only because literally everyone in the north has a gun. No one in the places with less uniformity has them.
>>
>>29854526
You're not allowed to say that in public though.

Isn't official retardation = below 80 IQ? Pretty sure a huge percentage of blacks qualify for that.
>>
>social security recipients with a payee cant buy guns to protect the children
>with a payee

how would a person has an official controlling their money buy a gun? I mean, if they have a guy responsible for their payments and bills because they are incompetent how would they get hundreds of dollars for a firearm?

work? if they're earning money on the side through work why the heck are they on social security or need a payee?

also if they are a danger to people to the point where they have to lose a constitutional right why are they even allowed in society?
>>
>>29855248
Yup. This is the real problem.
>>
>>29853809
As someone who works in a SSA office i can assure you all that 90% of the people recieving benefits for "mental health" reasons are scamming the system, and therefore scumbags who i dont want owning guns. The remaining 10% actually have fucked up problems and I also dont want them owning guns

most of the people who have a "representative payee" (ie person who recieves their benefit payment for them) need that person because they are too fucked up to handle money.
>>
>>29854092
And on the internet. And shady reverse mortgage commercials on the normie box. And deluded idiot friends that get them into shitty their shitty MLM programs expecting to gamble on their pension to make millions somehow.

We need consumer protections, not victim shaming.
>>
>>29855774
most representative payees are family/friends, not some "official"
>>
>>29854823
It isn't really. It's attacking a segment of the population least likely to commit gun crime. Just like how banning assault weapons targets a type of gun so rarely used in crime it's statistically insignificant.
>>
>>29855678
then dont be a government handout slave?
>>
>>29855251
depends on a lot of different issues
>>
>>29855823
That's fine, the question is: Does this legislation actually solve anything? My mentally disabled 20 year old cousin on SS! that has the mental age of a 3 year old and no language skills isn't likely to walk into a gun shop and try to pass a background check, he can't even write or talk. He does have a representative payee. That's the kind of person we're putting into the NICS system with this proposition. People that were never going to get at a gun store anyway.
>>
>>29854757

>So it wont matter if you have a payee or not, it pretty much narrows it down to if you receive assistance for a mental health issue in general.

you're illiterate and need to reread what you posted.
>>
>>29855912
it'll keep the shitbag scam artists from buying guns.

a lot of the shitbag scam artists are also drug addicts and do straw purchases for dealers in exchange for a fix. Im ok with that.

i dont see a lot of the people who actually need the rep payee trying to buy guns though, so the legislation is totally useless for its stated intent.
>>
>>29855992
>it'll keep the shitbag scam artists from buying guns.
it actually won't since it won't affect people that have control over their own finances.
>>
>>29855992
Is it only going to effect people with a payee or people so stupid they need someone too manage their money and purchases or will it fuck over anyone on SSI/SS?
>>
>>29855857
I'm not, but my problem with the law is that it can easily be abused for mass disarmament. There are a fuckton of people on Social Security, and they're all going to be subject to it.
>>
>>29856041
a lot of women (both white and black) get their kids (18 thru 25 year olds) on SSI and make themselves the payee.

those kids are very often shitbags themselves, so it'll fuck those "kids" out of buying guns.

also some addicts and women will make their dealers/baby daddys payees in exchange for drugs or what not, so it wont stop the dealers but it will stop the wives/gfs/addicts from being straw purchasers.

again, probably wont do shit that its supposed to do, but all of you should be aware at this point that we basically stopped making laws that make sense and only make laws that make people "feel" better, and so if a law has any positive affect then we should count blessings
>>
>>29855756
google says 70 or less, for whatever that's worth.
>>
>>29856059
>my problem with the law is that it can easily be abused for mass disarmament.

not really no.

you have to meet a very specific set of criteria before you get flagged.

if your argument is that the greater trend is towards more laws that are ill advised, less specific, and poorly written, whose long term intent is to slowly disarm americans, well then I agree, i just dont think this regulation is really part of that problem per se.

tl;dr

still a problem law, just not for the reasons you think
>>
>>29855197

Thats not how social security works at all...

You make it to retirement age or you are fucking retarded and live off the state.

You are thinking of unemployment, medicaid, state, NGO, non-profit based social services.

Literally if the SSA has to run your life, you are either in a nursing home, or shit yourself and ask "would you like some fries with that".

Don't get things confused.
>>
>>29856338
>Literally if the SSA has to run your life, you are either in a nursing home, or shit yourself and ask "would you like some fries with that".

its not really like that, SSA doesnt really run anything, a family member is usually appointed as a payee if SSA thinks the benefit recipient is irresponsible with money.

Plenty of people who arent mentally retarded, senile, or full blown psychotic get assigned payees as well.
>>
>>29856338
>You make it to retirement age or you are fucking retarded and live off the state.
physical disabilities exist as well anon.
>>
>>29856636
and a quadriplegic on a vent shouldn't own a handgun.

I said it. It is common sense.

I get upset when the NRA and gun groups start fighting this shit. Not that I don't think they will take a mile if we give an inch, but this is petty shit. Seriously there are far bigger fish to fry.
>>
>>29856660
>people who have never been a threat need to be treated a criminals
>it doesnt matter if a law is pointless if it makes people feel good
>adjudicated now means some faggot office worker can take someones rights without giving them a chance to defend themselves in court
>america needs yet another registry of undesirables
>this will not be abused

people going "eh they have a point and it doesnt even effect ME" is the reason Americans have lost so many rights and get fucked in the ass by the Govt all the time.
>>
>>29855251
Involuntary commitment is an automatic prohibitor
>>
>>29853809
>No guns for autismbux recipients, crazies, invalids and fraudsters who are just good enough at it not to get kicked off the dole
Awesome.

>Government in charge of an insanely subjective evaluation system with carte blanche towards people's rights
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE

See, I would be down with this if the reporting was controlled ONLY by pro-gun folks. Idealogues always snatch shit and abuse it though, so I'd rather have the .00001% chance of a crazy shooting me randomly than the 100% chance a numale faggot will try to use this to declare huge swaths of the population "mentally deficient."
>>
>>29856730
So why is it theoretical?

Why can't the NRA drum up a bunch of people and make a 30 minute documentary about how this is a bad idea. They have millions of dollars, enough money to publish shit magazines (lets be honest, their magazines are not what they were 10 years ago).

They keep going on and on and on about this, but really put a face to the cause. Why is it that they can't find one person who can personally relate to the situation?

Its because its not a problem.
>>
>>29856998
being declared mentally deficient isn't enough under this law, you have to be mentally disabled, and receive social security through a representative payee.

you appear to be a little retarded yourself, so you should probably pay attention to this sort of thing.
>>
>>29859097
apex kek m'lord! Well chann'd!
you have capture le angry witmeister mee-mee perfectly!

*tips respectfully to your manhood*
>>
>>29856660
What about someone who can't use their legs but still want to defend themselves. I've seen people in wheel chairs at classes. Eat shit and promptly kys.
>>
>>29855248
This. 60% of national spending is already welfare programs, reform them.
>>
>>29853809
So can they ban you if your get SSI for a disability even if you don't have a Rep Payee? Or do you have to meet the criteria AND have a rep payee?
>>
>>29853857
>implying criminals obey the law
>>
>>29860137
You couldn't read the thread? You're not only a drain on society but on this forum.
>>
>>29854741
>finally someone else gets it

>mfw all these faggots reply with "muh niggers" because they don't want muh socialism

Hey all you white supremacist retards: if you were right then poor whites wouldn't be more likely to commit crimes than more financially-secure whites.

Guess the fuck what, they totally are though.

Endemic violence is a symptom of poverty.

But prisons make a lot of people a lot of money and simps like coloring-book solutions, so "ban guns" gets traction with people who don't understand that if your basic needs are met then you're not killing anybody unless you're mentally ill, weapons or no, and "muh niggers" gets traction with people who have guns and don't kill anybody because they're not systematically locked out of the economy and can't understand that some people are, and that affects things.

The problem is simple, the solution is really fucking complicated, so we get reductive bullshit instead.

Social programs doesn't necessarily mean "muh welfare" but if the United States as a culture took serious steps toward eliminating poverty we'd see a much greater reduction in violent crime than we'll ever see by legislating away ways for poor people to kill each other.

t. Anthropologist who wrote his thesis on the link between violence and deprivation
>>
>>29860246
>Endemic violence is a symptom of poverty
>Rich people don't commit crimes
So I guess if I become poor I automatically lose my free will and my ability to obey the law, and become a sub-human knuckle-dragger with literally no conscious choice but to steal, rape, murder, and general dinduism? So why do we punish acts that people had literally no choice but to do? Why not simply remove them from society - and then you're right back at large prisons.
tl;dr Get bent, leftard.
>>
File: scarecrow.png (1 MB, 1173x1600) Image search: [Google]
scarecrow.png
1 MB, 1173x1600
>>29860314
>Rich people don't commit crimes
>So I guess if I become poor I automatically lose my free will and my ability to obey the law
>become a sub-human knuckle-dragger
>with literally no conscious choice but to steal, rape, murder, and general dinduism?
>>
>>29860314
Not him, but that's not what he said you fucktard, he said poverty and violence are linked, not that it makes you a rape zombie. Learn to read
>>
File: 400.gif (964 KB, 335x190) Image search: [Google]
400.gif
964 KB, 335x190
>>29860246
>>29860314
>>29860357
I'm conflicted, in one hand I can see how keeping people busy with social programs doesn't give them enough time to shoot each other. On the other hand, I have my doubts if the government could actually manage such large programs without fucking it up. Furthermore, I question if it's really the place of the US government to pull people out of poverty kicking and screaming.
>>
>>29855736
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS
>>
>>29854513
>"racism," by whatever definition, is mental illness
>"sexism," by whatever definition, is mental illness
>>
>>29860508
>Basketball American is a mental illness

US Gun problem solved.
>>
>>29854184
Underrated post
>>
>>29860575

D. A valid verbal, performance, or full scale IQ of 60 through 70, resulting in at least two of the following:

1. Marked restriction of activities of daily living; or

2. Marked difficulties in maintaining social functioning; or

3. Marked difficulties in maintaining concentration, persistence, or pace; or

4. Repeated episodes of decompensation, each of extended duration.
>>
>>29859097
So you're calling someone retarded when a simple thing like "idealogues corrupt otherwise reasonable proposals" is too hard for you to grasp.

Do you seriously not have the ability to conceptualize the future as a real thing wherein the requirements of confiscation are expanded? That's the ENTIRE reason why all confiscation bills are inherently unworkable.
>>
>>29860417
>I have my doubts if the government could actually manage such large programs without fucking it up.
>Furthermore, I question if it's really the place of the US government to pull people out of poverty kicking and screaming.

Well, anon, which would you prefer:
>More comprehensive social programs reducing violence, even if handled less-than-competently where some money goes to places it doesn't need to

Or

>More or less the status quo, rife with corruption and ineptitude anyway. Except with increased firearms legislation that does nothing to reduce violent crime because it does nothing to address WHY people kill each other rather than HOW. Because it does nothing, more and more draconian gun control is continuously legislated. Overall violent crime rates are unaffected but gun crime goes down, and thus it is hailed as successful by liberals who continue the trajectory to more gun control.

I legitimately believe that at the point we're at, IF (big if) we can sway the general liberal trajectory away from the toddler logic of "they won't kill each other if we take away their guns" with some targeted socialism, we can maybe get out of the downward spiral toward draconian firearms laws were currently in.

Because the Democrats either don't realize or don't care that the last time they passed an AWB it lost them Congress and the 2000 election.
>>
File: 1460688102264.png (1 MB, 978x655) Image search: [Google]
1460688102264.png
1 MB, 978x655
>>29860246
>Anthropologist ...

all I needed
>>
>>29860609
>Because the Democrats either don't realize or don't care that the last time they passed an AWB it lost them Congress and the 2000 election.
>AWB makes moderate and left-leaning gun owners single-issue voters because their representatives shit all over their rights
>Instead vote for people who they're less ideologically-aligned with but will at least stand up for rights that are important to them
>Democrats lose control of the government after it passes
>Clinton suddenly can't get a fucking thing done
>GWB wins instead of Gore in 2000 due to lost trust on Democrats + shenanigans
>Afghanistan is invaded post-9/11 either way
>Invade Iraq on false pretenses in 2003 and subsequently destabilize Middle East completely

The 1994 AWB is literally to blame for ISIS. And was completely ineffectual re: gun violence in the US. Ripple effects from it resulted in the net loss of probably millions of lives globally.

Feel good about all those lives you saved now, Democrats?
>>
>>29860702
>he hurt me feelings
>better make a half assed rebuttal
>better mock him for the reason why he is right

You can do better than this anon, I believe in you.
>>
>>29860609
>Well, anon, which would you prefer:
How about neither. How about,
>a more moral populace
which is NONE of the gov't's FUCKING BUSINESS, combined with
>more liberal (ie, increased liberty) laws all around,
which means EVERYTHING is none of the gov't's fucking business.

also,
>some targeted socialism
is that semantically kind of like,
>some limited genocide
or
>a bit of occasional slavery
?

When the hell did totalitarians and soft nanny-state socialists (whose movement, unbeknownst to them, is being and has been largely swept away by the totalitarians) start invading /k/?
>>
>>29860805
Cool, enjoy your 2019 AWB
>>
>>29860805
> Ignore mountains of studies about how and why people do what they do
> Instead demand that people just be different than they are to conform to my worldview based on my emotional reasoning about what is right and wrong

This is gun-grabber-tier reasoning, anon
>>
This whole thread is filled with gun-grabber scum. One should be able to use systems in place to help them without fear of losing their constitutional rights, especially if they're nonviolent.

>>29860195
Not the poster, but read what? All is see is arguing back and forth and no clear answer to his question. Fuck you.
>>
So if I get on disability for my fucked up leg It wouldn't be affected by this?
>>
>>29860095
People in wheelchairs are capable of working and managing their own affairs. The minute you require a guardian and live off the state you lose your rights to a firearm.
>>
>>29855756

The thing is, I'm actually pretty certain IQ tests actually measure how gullible and easily controlled you are.
>>
>>29861557
>sub-100 IQ detected.
Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.