[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chronograph
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 852429.jpg (66 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
852429.jpg
66 KB, 880x660
Don't know much about these but I know I need one. I don't want to spend a lot, but I want something that works. What to get?

Pic related?
>>
Magneto speed sporter.
>>
>>29831492
>Magneto speed sporter.

>200 dollerydoos

Fuck me, really?
>>
>>29831201
get the caldwell chronograph from amazon for $75 shipped to your door. I love mine, best $75 I ever spent. It doesnt make my reloads any more accurate but it is really nice to know the numbers behind things and why certain loads perform better. I shot mine with a 45 not too long ago. something tells me it is not a good idea to use a phone to aim down the sights and video. I'll end up buying another one next time I just run into $80 cash. It would be nice to have one again but I have adequate data on all my loads and I dont really intend to ever change anything.

OOh yeah, the app that you can use with that chronography is amazing. It saves all your data and calculates ES, avg, SD, fps all that good shit. you can save target pictures and any other relevant data with your data string.
>>
Alpha chrony
Uses the same firmware as the Gamma model and $20 in parts will upgrade it to the more expensive model.
>>
>>29831201
Are you looking to push the limits on your reloads? If so, then yes. If you are sticking to the industry published data, you'll be fine.
>>
Fuck light screens. O cant stand them.

Magnetospeed all day.

I would grab a labview doppler if they were ever in stock.
>>
>Not going oldschool
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballistic_pendulum
>>
>>29831201
I also have the cadwell it serves me fine for occarional reload development. Fogured i would get a better one later if necessary but it has been great. Chronograph is almost a must have for developing high pressure 556 rounds. I was able to get a sub moa 77gr 2800 out a 16" tube working up slowly woth my chrony.
>>
Do the magneto ones get destroyed by muzzle breaks and throw off the trajectory because of touching the barrel?
>>
>>29836766
>muzzle breaks
>breaks
>>
>>29831201
I've shot over 1000 rounds over my prochrono, works well for ~$100
>>
>>29836817
Autism speaks. It's time to listen.
>>
>>29836899
Ebin maymay ;^)
>>
>>29831201
You can use a camera and calculate speeds
>>
>>29836766
Nope. Accuracy effect is minor. But honestly. I shoot for accuracy first. Then use the chrono to find the mv independent of accuracy.

I have found if i am trying to do both at the same time i dont shoot as well.

Mv is more important to me to build balistics tables.
>>
>>29838393
Yeah a $100K phantom.

Your cellphone aint gonna cut it.

But a neat diy solution is a dual wheel set up.

Two wheels rotating about their axis at the same speed a set distance apart.

You fire a round and thin measure the angular offset. From the first and second wheel.
>>
File: wallpaper_1911_parts.jpg (105 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_1911_parts.jpg
105 KB, 2000x1333
>>29832161
Could you link that video? I promise i wont laugh too hard
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.