[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My grandfather's colt 1903
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 20160216_205419[1].jpg (1003 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160216_205419[1].jpg
1003 KB, 2560x1440
So I had posted this on http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?506129-My-Family-s-1903-Colt-32-History&p=4357345#post4357345
(Pics at site)
I have this Colt rimless smokeless .32 that has been in my family since my dad's father got it. The thing is, it's got a pretty interesting story behind how he got it, and the details behind the pistol itself.

For starters, the story behind my grandfather's obtaining of the pistol: He worked as a regular office worker in the early 1900's and not much really would happen. One day his coworker had gotten a brand new pistol mail ordered to him. He had took the pistol into his office and closed the door to fiddle with it. As my grandfather continued to work he heard a BANG and rushed to his coworker's office to find a bullet hole in the ceiling and a near deaf and frightened employee. He went straight up to my grandfather and said "Here, you can have this! I don't want anything to do with it anymore!" And that is how our family heirloom for three generations was given to us.
>>
Now what makes this pistol so special isn't just the fact that my grandfather got it in an accident, but that the pistol came with- and still currently has- all parts, accessories, documentation, papers, and even the box. That's not all, either. When it was passed down into my hands, I took the liberty to do as much research as I could to find what I could about the pistol. What I found was that this isn't an ordinary Colt .32 rimless, this pistol just so happens to be an original, first generation, 4-digit serial number colt with the original ornate grips and refined grips. I have yet to find any other colt .32 even remotely similar at any gun show, and only one or two at most online. I haven't even seen a first model colt .32 come through Rock Island Auction House's auctions. This was really something for me to learn, and the condition is really something to behold considering it's been around for 116 years. I always make sure now to clean it to the best of my abilities whenever I fire it and I truly am grateful to have the opportunity to have it. I currently have a nice hand made leather holster for it now.
>>
K..
>>
File: 500px-Casablanca1903-2.jpg (28 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
500px-Casablanca1903-2.jpg
28 KB, 500x375
That's pretty sweet. You can find type 1s on gunbroker (there are several up right now) but rarely in nice condition. You've still got some of dat fire blue on the trigger, looks like.

I wanted the shorter type 2 barrel when I bought mine.

Either way it's a neat little gun, with cool history in general.
>>
File: Serials_Shopped_Out.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Serials_Shopped_Out.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>29829266
kickass man!

So, I guess this is a recent acquisitions thread?

Here's a Chinese copy of a russian clone of your pistol
>>
>>29829506
>russian clone of your pistol

Tok is more of a 1911 clone, though.
>>
Sweet fucking pistol, bro. I would love a 1903, one of my local gun stores has a few for $700-$900
>>
>>29829527
the barrel/slide is a clone but it looks outwardly more like the 1908, IIRC it was originally designed after brownings 1908/1911
>>
>>29829535
you can find them for 4-500 bucks all day long, i wouldnt spend that much unless you were looking at an example like OPs with the matching box and good condition
>>
>>29829537
That.
>>
>>29829535
They'd have to be in great shape or in .380 to pay that much. You an do better online.
>>
>>29829266
>>29829274
You have posted this story and pics of your gun on /k/ before. You don't need to repeat yourself, especially with that grainy cellphone picture with zero detail in it.

/k/ is not your personal blog.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.