[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /k/, noguns here looking to change that. What would you recommend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Hi /k/, noguns here looking to change that. What would you recommend for a beginner such as myself?
>>
Go to an indoor range that offers rentals. Tell them that you're a new shooter looking to rent a gun for the first time. Have them help you pick one out, and ask them how to operate it safely. If they're fags, go somewhere else. Unless you're a fag, in which case leave them alone and don't go anywhere, ever.

Repeat with different firearms until you find one that you like, and then buy it. Unless you're the Adam Lanza type, folks should be more than happy to help a new customer learn the best ways to give them money.
>>
>>29804445
12 gauge or a sks. A mavrik 88 is fairly cheap. If just to learn and plink, any .22.

Wait, you Canadian?
>>
>>29804445
If you're a super super new beginner, never shot a gun in your life:

>ruger 10/22 for rifle
>ruger mk II or III / 22-45 for pistol

If you live in a place that allows private sales, you can usually find these for cheap. If not, you can usually find good deals if you look around at your local LGSes, pawn shops, and places like Cabela's. .22's are cheap to shoot, and you'll need to practice a lot to git gud.

If you're a little more experienced, get yourself an AR (PSA kits, S&W M&P 15 Sport 2nd gen, Ruger SR-556) or AK (Century's WASR-10s and NPAPs are affordable and decent). If you want a pistol, just go to a place with an indoor range so you can try some out. You want it to feel natural in your hand when you shoot it.

Then get out and shoot, shoot, and then shoot some more. You need to be willing to invest a good chunk of cash into ammo if you wanna be proficient
>>
>>29804601 American, using a proxy as my ip is banned for some reason. I'm a lurker, hardly ever post
>>
>>29804690
I've used 12 gauges a few times but that's about it. Guy I work with said to look into CZ handguns, what's/k/'s opinion on CZ?
>>
>>29804445
The sticky is there for a reason.
>>
>>29804787
CZs are excellent handguns, but no gun is the right one for everyone. Look into them after you get some pistol time with rentals and the idea of a.22 for learning the basics is not a bad one.
>>
>>29804445
Option #177
After initial tryouts and training, get a beginners airgun package to learn fundamentals and practice in your back yard.
Seriously.
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/pre_packaged_deals/Crosman_1377C_PC77/561
>>
>>29804445
Ignore anyone who says Mosin.

They're not very good guns but they used to be only ~$75 or so. Now they're $200+ and not worth the money.
>>
>>29804445
ruger 10/22

follow that up with an sks and a mossberg 500/maverick 88

then consider buying an ak or ar pattern and expand from there
>>
>>29804787
I personally like the ergo on the CZ P-01. Its all metal. From all the research, it has good reliablity at a slightly above-glock price point. It also has two dedicated sources for aftermarket (czcustom and cajun gun works)

Downside is CZ doesn't really polish up the innards, there might be machine marks, the slide gets a bit of getting used to, and the trigger is hit or miss in terms of quality.

Rent guns and shoot em. Fingerfuck guns in store. If any friends have guns, ask if you can try them out.
>>
File: 1461667439359.gif (864 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1461667439359.gif
864 KB, 500x375
>>29804787
CZs are good to go. If you try one out and like how it feels, go for it.

I'd recommend getting a .22 first, though. It'll make everything easier on you in the long run. Plus, you're buying your first gun, and shooting and guns are a very easy bug to catch. It probably won't be your last.
> grew up hunting pheasant
>dad got me a shotgun
>it was cool and fun but I didn't care too much...it was just a tool that I had fun with
>tfw I bought my first gun two years ago
>thought it was gonna be all I'd want
>now I have 6 guns
>have bought, sold, or traded 10 others
>always want more
>all of my disposable income goes to either ammo or a new gun fund
>always thinking about shooting

Oh well, at least it's not real drugs
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.