[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My autism demands simulation of WW2 vs. modern army engagements.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: PEO_M249_Para_ACOG.jpg (710 KB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
PEO_M249_Para_ACOG.jpg
710 KB, 3872x2592
My autism demands simulation of WW2 vs. modern army engagements. My local airsoft team is shit and can't into teamwork, so I'll just ask you guys.

Let's say a full platoon (30 men) of WW2 German soldiers are put into a small town to fight a 2014 American platoon.

>The Germans have two panzerschreks >Americans one M72 Law
>All soldiers are equipped for best standard equipment of their day, that means Germans get all STG-44s
>battle occurs in small town like Sprague, Washington
>one heavy machine gun from each side is located in a random spot in the town

Who's training will be superior?
>>
>>29801387
>whose training is superior
>doesn't give them the equipment they trained on or for
your autism is a shit m8

>In the German heavy machine gun (HMG) platoons, each platoon served four MG 34/MG 42 machine guns, used in the sustained fire mode mounted on tripods. In 1944 this was altered to six machine guns in three sections with two seven-man heavy machine gun squads per section as follows:
>Squad leader (NCO) MP40
>Machine gunner (private) MG 34/MG 42 and pistol
>Assistant gunner (private) pistol
>Three riflemen (privates) rifles
>Horse leader for horse, cart and trailer (private) rifle
>>
>>29801429
well ok then, modify it to what you said. You obviously know more than me
>>
>>29801387

>LAW
>2014

Not even in the National Guard
>>
>troops make contact
>Germans take a building to form a base of fire around their MG, fan riflemen out to protect their flanks
>F-15 comes by and blows them to hell
god bless modern communications and air power
>>
>>29801986
they aren't allowed air support silly.
>>
>>29801387
In terms of training? The modern soldiers win almost always, just because it wasn't until Vietnam that standard infantry were trained to reliably shoot to kill in an engagement.

Source: On Killing
>>
>>29801940
Still used in A-stan
>>
>>29802170
Also the firepower per section is much greater
>2 LMGs
>2 UGLs
>2 DMR
It's no contest.
>>
The German soldiers would be considerably more experianced at conventional warfare against a peer foe. Something the US has almost nothing of.

Saying that modern radios and night vision would give the yanks the advantage if there able to choose when and where the fight happens.

Also german units varied in quality greatly depending on the unit. Early war Wermacht shit's all over the 1944+ volksgreniders. The us soldiers will be much more comparable with each other.

If the Germans laid an ambush in say a forest or a town and caught the US unawares they could still win. Modern troops carry so much stuff that the Germans would have better battlefield agility.
>>
>>29801940
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d5/231167-3-4-Afghanistan.jpg
>>
>>29802810
quite possbily the dumbest post I ever read
>>
>>29803063
This
>>
>>29801387
Why do you have to make up such a bullshit hypothetical when your question is really which soldiers had better training on average?

The answer is clearly the modern American military.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.