[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why more than one of each?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 16GVsOE.jpg (164 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
16GVsOE.jpg
164 KB, 1280x960
Why does /k/ have more than one of each type of weapon? What makes you want to collect more than one of each of the following:

Carry pistol
Full-size sidearm
Carbine/Assault rifle/Intermediate cartridge thingy
Battle rifle
Bolt rifle with good optic
Shotgun
Plinker

I love guns, but I don't understand why you'd have more than the best of each of these you could afford. Maybe an investment with a plan to sell? Maybe as an armory to make sure your friends have something in case of SHTF? Why?

Also, list your best in class for each category, I'll start:

LCP
Beretta M9A3
AR-15
PTR-91
Remington 700
Saiga 12
Ruger 10/22
>>
When shit hits the fan, you'll have plenty to pass around.
>>
because you enjoy the hobby of shooting and like the idea of having many different ways to do it? seriously, how is this hard to understand? have you ever gone to a bar and drank three different kinds of beer in a night, or do you only stick to steel reserve because you're poor?

anyway

Sig P320c
Colt O1980RG 1911
AR15
SCAR
Benelli M2
10/22
>>
>>29763730
Yes. Same reason why I have more than one set of screwdrivers, more than one hammer, more than one motorcycle helmet, etc. You can never have too many toys.

>I love guns, but I don't understand why you'd have more than the best of each of these you could afford. Maybe an investment with a plan to sell? Maybe as an armory to make sure your friends have something in case of SHTF? Why?
First, because if you understand what you are dealing with, you'll know that there is no such thing as "the best gun in its class." Everything is a compromise, and there are always going to be guns that are about the same as your gun, but does something better than your gun does.
>>
>>29763730
I understand everything but the shotgun. A shotgun is a shotgun is a shotgun. Unless you've got an expensive ammo fetish.
Anyways
>glock 19
>glock 19
>AR-15
>AR-15
>savage axis scope combo
>Benelli nova
>Remington 597

Fight me
>>
>>29763730
Nogunz here, I can understand not wanting a few different versions of the same gun, but certain types can overlap in similarities while still being different.

Ex: I wouldn't mind owning a few different types of full-sized pistols. I really like the Walther PPQ M2, CZ 75 SP-01 and HK Mark 23. I'd probably get a Colt 1991 as well, and that puts me at four full size hand guns in two different calibers on my wishlist before we even get to revolvers.

But yeah, I couldn't understand owning multiple AR-15's of the same or similar caliber and size. AR Pistol, AR-15 and AR-10, sure... or if you had your everyday AR-15 and then a competition spec gun, yeah. But just collecting shitty AR-15's wouldn't make a lick of sense.
>>
>>29763730
Why do so many women have a gorillon pairs of shoes? Because they like shoes dumbass. People buy guns because they like them

Glock 26
Glock 17
M4
Scar
Savage axis
Moss 590a1
10/22
>>
>>29763730
Because I like to collect them
>>
Guns break, as do all tools. If SHTF, your life could rely on having a gun and you might not have the time, skills, or tools to fix what broke. Having a spare is much easier.
>>
>>29764316
>A shotgun is a shotgun is a shotgun.
I'm not into shotguns myself, but you should know better.
>long pump or SxS for duck hunting
>short pump or semi-auto for home defense
>several backups and alternatives
>>
I don't see any purpose in buying more than one AR-15 lower, you can use whatever upper you want on it, maybe possibly just swapping a buffer tube for certain builds.
>>
>>29763730
spare parts, backups
>>
>>29764424
>But yeah, I couldn't understand owning multiple AR-15's of the same or similar caliber and size.
For one thing, different accessories can be time-consuming and effort-intensive to change, such as optics. It makes a lot of sense to have at least one AR set up for close quarters with a 1x red dot, and another AR set up for longer ranges with a variable power or fixed power scope. Different length barrels and different calibers offer endless permutations to the AR aficionado.

Then, there's the issue of "if they ever get banned." Some of us who post on /k/ are actually old enough to have lived through the Clinton years when these guns WERE banned, at least with a full complement of features and with standard capacity magazine. I know guys who own dozens of complete rifles and HUNDREDS of stripped lowers because why not. They are plentiful right now, but they might not always be that way. The Republican presidential nomination is shaping up to put either Trump or Cruz on the GOP ballot in November, and both of them poll terribly against Hitlery Clinton in general election match-ups, whose first order of business, once coronated, will be to appoint the most anti-gun Supreme Court justice she can find to replace Scalia. Shit will just go downhill from there.

>>29764474
That's because you're an idiot.
>>
File: dclsDJU.png (469 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
dclsDJU.png
469 KB, 450x450
>Glock (Compact model in choice caliber)
>Glock (20 or 21)
>First choice would be a Kalashnikov variant b/c cheap ammo, but an AR would be better for most.
>PTR-91/FAL
>Remshit 700
>Remshit 870
>Remshit 10/22

inb4 comments are made, I'm aware that I'm poor asf
>>
>>29764462
A good pump gun with a short barrel for turkey and slugs and the long barrel for birds doubles fine. That's why I have my 28" bbl Benelli Nova and a short barrel for it in my truck. Id rather spend that money on a rifle or gear.
>>
>>29763730
Because I like them and they're cool.
>>
>>29764533
>it's adequate for someone on a budget
>it's optimal for an enthusiast
These two things are not the same and I think you know that. Quit being autistic.
>>
>>29764436
Yes, but we're men. We're sensible creatures buying sensible things.
>>
>>29763730
Many men have some degree of watch collection.
But none of them have more than two wrist.
>fascinating
>>
>>29765588
See>>29765618
>>
>>29764436
>Because they like shoes dumbass
I had a hearty chuckle. Spot on, though. I don't buy guns to fill some imaginary role, I buy them for fun.
>>
>>29763730

I'm 99% with you.

I do sympathise with people who like shooting enfields, mosins, kar98ks, FALs etc even though there are more combat effective alternatives which they could be devoting their resources to.
>>
>>29764517

10/22 is Ruger
>>
I actually don't anymore, because I'm poor as hell.
Planning on getting a "small" .44 mag at some point, but there's a purpose for it.
As it stands:
Carry Size
>Walther PPS
>Walther PPS for the wife
Full-size sidearm
>Beretta 92fs
Semiautomatic rifle
>AR
Shotgun
>Mossberg 500
Bolt rifle
>Mauser, no optic
>savage .243 for the wife

No battle rifle and no real plans to acquire one any time soon.
>>
>>29763730
I only buy guns for fun and collectibility. Actually using them for self-defense is secondary to me. I don't hunt, and I don't really have good access to extended shooting ranges, so bolt-action and precision rifles are pretty useless to me. I also hate tiny carry pistols. Full-size handguns are more fun and comfortable for me. Right now, I CC a 1911, but I will probably buy a Makarov soon just to have something smaller to carry during the warmer months.

Basically, I just buy whatever suits my fancy. I rarely take into consideration of what I already own when buying something new. Lots of people own duplicate Glocks and stuff like that, you know.
>>
>>29763730

Glock 34
Smith and Wesson 1006
Sig 551
Rhodie Fal
Sig SSG3000
Benelli M2
Colt Officer's Model Target .22
>>
>>29763730
A retro AR15 would be owned in a different context to your riced-out AR15, which may be treated differently to your HD/car-carry AR15.

I imagine inherited guns will always have a place in your collection, no matter if they're obsolete or outdated.
Having grandpappy's service 1911 doesn't mean you wouldn't want a more modern 1911 for EDC/HD, one that you wouldn't risk losing either as evidence or being damaged in some way.
>>
1911 TRP
CZ75 SP01
AR-15
SA58
>Don't have one
>Don't have one
Mossberg 590
>Don't have one

I do want a fancy SCAR 17s and a AX308. I don't know why, but I just want it for no particular reason. I don't shoot long distances.
>>
>>29764474
1 pistol 1 rifle just makes things easier, and keeps it legal
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.