[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Campus Carry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Hey /k/ how do I into campus carry? I'm only 19 so I don't have a handgun yet, and won't for at least a couple years. I currently alternate between carrying a three inch spring-assisted folder and a five inch folder (both are spear point, 50-50 blade). Guns aren't allowed on my campus, so I'm not sure if it's worth risking it even when I do get my license.

How do you carry on your campus? Also post various /k/ollege stories, etc.
>>
The school has to approve of campus carry before you tote your glock brand glock around the halls, then wonder why no one will talk to you as you become another Elliot Rodger
>>
File: lpnqAOq.jpg (14 KB, 189x189) Image search: [Google]
lpnqAOq.jpg
14 KB, 189x189
>>29756851
The keys are no one must know, AND KNOW YOUR LOCAL LAWS. Unless the state specifically protects your right to carry on campus, the school can still have a policy to expel you for CCing. That doesn't mean it's illegal to carry necessarily (again, varies wildly by state, KNOW YOUR LAWS), so you may still be able to, but the school might be able to chuck you out and keep all your money.

For example, in NH, the public universities that are part of the University System of New Hampshire are prohibited by law from restricting firearms, but they do anyway. There hasn't been a test case yet, because all the people who know the law cc and don't tell anyone, and all the out of state liberals that UNH imports think they're in a "safe space" (and don't know how right they actually are).

Picrelated: an artist's conception of this system
>>
>>29756851
>How do you carry on your campus?
I am no longer a student, but I have a CFP and it's legal to carry on college campuses in my state. That's how I was carrying when I was a student.
>>
Thanks for the input guys. Are knives a viable option for carrying? I have around 12 years of experience in martial arts, and I feel comfortable handling myself in any reasonable situation (the vast majority the time by de-escalating before it comes to blows). Technically, weapons are forbidden on campus but I think the argument that a knife is a tool first, weapon second could hold considering I go to school in the Midwest. That's actually part of the reason I switched over from the five inch to the three inch knife. It's a lot less "scary" and whatnot.

Anyways, I digress. For those of you who do not or cannot carry guns on your campuses, do you carry knives? What kind and why?
>>
>>29757363
I've checked local knife laws and just about anything goes as long as it's not a ballistic knife. I'll have to look into local gun laws. I know school policy is that no guns can be kept in campus dorms; off campus housing is up to you obviously.
>>
>>29757386
Did anybody know you were carrying? Did anyone accidentally find out? If so, how did they react/call you out for it? My close friends here know I usually have a knife on me, but some of them do too so it's not a big deal.
>>
>>29757884
small very subtle laptop case with g19

shhhh
>>
My campus doesn't allow carry, which is retarded considering how pro-2A it is. One of my Profs devoted 20 minutes of class venting about how students aren't able to carry. He's a pretty cool dude.
>>
>>29757953
>not going full Ingram Mac-10 briefcase with suppressor
It's like you want to die
>>
File: 1455670386127.jpg (62 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1455670386127.jpg
62 KB, 540x720
>>29757933
In MN knives are no big deal. i watched a kid drop his M9 bayonet from his waistline in front of a guest speaker IN A LECTURE HALL and the guy bent over and picked it up for him and handed it back. The whole 100 person class saw. This included the teacher. Nobody said anything but everyone split a gut laughing.
>>
>>29757981
g19 with 33 round mag

Im going to be fine
>>
>>29757884
Knife laws vary widely by jurisdiction. I'd just give the campus police department a call. They'd likely be happy to answer this kind of question. Just say you're calling because you don't want to do something illegal.

As far as de-escalating situations, this is how the vast majority of people go through life. /k/ will skewer me for saying this, but you really don't need a gun to get through life.

>>29757933
I was a graduate student there and taught classes for three years for my stipend. Many of the times, I'd be in charge of the classes standing in front of 20 students. Some, I'd be sitting in the back as the TA. Nobody found out. Nobody brought it up. College attire is extremely casual, so I just dressed around it and never told anybody. Mind you, when you are writing things on a whiteboard, your shirt does lift up a little. I never heard a word from my students, if they did see anything, which I think they didn't.

My department was in the humanities by tradition, but the subject is more sciencey/researchy, so the faculty didn't outwardly seem to care about the subject - I only heard guns brought up once, from another graduate student. I carried a P238 most of the time.
>>
File: 1860-snub-nose-600_1.jpg (42 KB, 1280x600) Image search: [Google]
1860-snub-nose-600_1.jpg
42 KB, 1280x600
>>29756851
Will probably get you kicked out of school but at least you're not going to jail. Federally legal black powder replicas are legal, antique pre-1898 cartridge firearms also aren't considered guns are can be mailed to you and can be legally kept by anybody as if they weren't weapons at all. Knife isn't going to protect you when three nignogs armed with one little chrome 22 pocket pistol come up on you.
>>
>>29758019
But aren't they a pain in the ass to properly store, maintain, use, and just generally deal with at all? Also since I'm in college, cost is a factor. How much do those run?
>>
>>29758008
Somebody called for a skewering?

Deescalation isn't hard, but it takes two to deescalate.

It's pretty hard to deescalate down from "hello good sir, please don't beat me up and take my wallet" -> "no."

That's what the gun is for.
>>
>>29758008
Not sure I want the campus police department to know I carry a knife given that it's a small school. The most they usually do is bust up parties and the like, so I don't wanna attract any unnecessary attention. I feel pretty good arguing my way out of trouble if somebody questions it, plus the knives I have are well within the legal limits set by the state. And like you said, nobody's gonna find out unless I want them to. But I suppose looking up the disciplinary policy around weapons would be a good idea.
>>
>>29756851
>mfw texas
>mfw we just got campus carry
>mfw my school has a liberal minority or at least they aren't vocal about it
Pretty excited t b h, so far they've established that the only places where carrying is prohibited is the campus dorms (apartments are free reign), sporting events, and the science labs.
>>
>>29758102
Okay, but maybe when you saw two unhappy looking guys cross the street it would have been a good time to not go into that blind alley and instead duck inside a coffee shop. Situational awareness is also important.

Honestly I'm more worried about some group of drunk guys taking offense at something I said than about Jamal, Tyrone, and Darius trying to get my wallet. I usually don't even carry a wallet, just my school ID. I'm in college out of state, what would I carry a useless metro card, drivers license (don't own a car), and all that other crap for?
>>
>>29758019
That's the letter of the law, not the spirit of the law. If you carry that and you're on an unfriendly campus and get caught, you will most certainly go to jail.

Loopholes are not your friend unless you're already in court.
>>
>carrying knives
Do they go inside the trenchcoat or in your cargo pants?
>>
>>29757985
>M9 bayonet

I bet you're silver
>>
>>29758076
Very inexpensive and the maintenance is no harder than any other gun.
>>
>>29757953
What if they steal your laptop
>>
>>29758735
They go under the brim of my fedora obviously. And I always keep a reserve, prison style.
>>
>>29758253
>tfw part of quiet conservative minority, even my friends don't know my political orientation
>don't bring up politics ever, but sometimes have to join in or comment on conversation
>have had to put down SJWs before; simply by using logic, conversation usually ends with them saying "I admit you have a valid point on issue X" but generally refusing to change their mind
>>
>>29758839
Really? Isn't black powder storage harder than storing regular old cased ammunition? Also wouldn't they be more expensive since it's more of a niche market? How much would the average revolver cost me?
>>
>>29756851
I go to Liberty U and next semester I'll have my ccw on me at all times. Not a single building is off limits for ccw
>>
>>29759194
Gotta say I'm more than a little jealous of you /k/omrade
>>
File: 1460088496662.png (170 KB, 248x282) Image search: [Google]
1460088496662.png
170 KB, 248x282
>>29756851
My college allows ccw as long as you have a permit. Feels good living in a free state
>>
I can't stand walking passed my campus police. They are all dudes who could take someone down if they had to but if there was an active shooter we are all fucked. All they have is a 4oz OC spray.

If you campus cops carry then don't carry. But if the gun bullshit has gone all the way up to campus cops. I would think twice. The only time it is okay to have a "gun free zone" is when there a people with guns enforcing it (Like armed campus cops).
>>
>>29759373
>The only time it is okay to have a "gun free zone" is when there a people with guns enforcing it (Like armed campus cops).
Define "okay."
>>
>>29759373
Personally I've never seen them carrying, and I don't know if they even have firearms at their disposal. Even if they did, I'm not sure if they could respond fast enough.
>>
File: Bugs_Bunny_in_bowtie_unamused.png (304 KB, 396x396) Image search: [Google]
Bugs_Bunny_in_bowtie_unamused.png
304 KB, 396x396
>>29756851
>be me
>19
>cc muh glock 19 everywhere

Yeah who cares about what your shitty school says.
Also, buy a handgun unless you live in non-free state.

How are they gonna know you have a gun, it's called conceal carry for a reason.
>>
>>29759373
>gun free zone
shall not be infringed
>>
>>29759529
Yeah my home state is MD so...
>>
>>29758414
That's not how the law works, if you are arrested without cause you end up getting paid. Happened to a guy in my home town, brought a Glock to the beach in an open carry holster and wore a Scottish kilt, was arrested, spent the afternoon down at the police station and was then paid $35k to not sue for false arrest. You can Google this I'm sure, happened in San Diego. The police dont make the laws they only enforce what's on the books. It is legal to carry black powder, federally speaking, there could be local laws in a state like New Jersey, but at the end of the day your record will be clean.

Also, I'm 40 years old and carried a gun since I was a teen, have never shot anybody and more importantly never been frisked by the police even though I do have a CCW. Stay armed, mind your business, then maybe you can die like a man instead of on your knees begging some lunatic that you'll convert to Islam if he'll only spare you. Police first responders of course will be outside waiting for the swat team.
>>
>>29759529

The only issue with this is with the current laws in many places if you knowingly violate a no weapons allowed rule somewhere its likely they can legally bar you from entering the area or as a school dispel you. Which would be pretty shitty if your paying an absurd amount of money to be there. Of course it all depends on the state and campus in question but to just suggest people do something that can have a huge impact on them like that without knowing the exact situation isnt a good idea.
>>
>>29759390
Okay means "Some what reasonable"

So like around the President. There are lots of good people with guns to stop bad people with guns. It is a "gun free zone".
>>
>>29758735
Knives are really useful tools.
I don't think i have an edc knife that doesnt have at least some wear and tear from misc uses.

Knives are shit for defense though if they actually have to be used. Sometimes they can scare off an assailant though.
>>
>>29759676
>You can Google this I'm sure, happened in San Diego

Didn't they end up banning unloaded open carry after this, b/c pansies? https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=347348
>>
>>29758019
Consider that a lot of states have laws declaring that loaded black powder firearms are considered Firearms for the purposes of the law. You'll certainly get expelled if you're found carrying it and may run afoul of numerous other laws. Do your research and ask a real legal professional.
>>
>>29759761
>gun free zone
>people have guns

???
No, this isn't how logic works.
If the zone is "gun free" that means guns are not present.
That someone who espouses "gun free zones" acknowledges this, and takes preventative measures to ensure that there is a way to defend themselves from an assailant in a "gun free zone" is just an admittance that the whole idea is a sham.
If the people aren't allowed to legally carry, neither should the politicians or their security.

I absolutely hate this kind of bullshit hypocrisy.
>>
>>29759802
Real legal professional will take your $300 and tell you nope you can't carry guns on college campuses. This stuff is all on the internet, it isn't that hard to look up your local laws regarding black powder and antiques. You could buy a $300 pre-1898 Iver Johnson off gunbroker for that money you were going to pay an attorney to do what you can do for free. Start with penal codes.
>>
>>29759898
basically this
On campus, campus rule goes. While it might not carry legal ramifications it can very easily get you expelled
After that its local>county>state.
It's not that hard to look up
>>
>>29759254
Yea it's really nice, I think like ~1000 students out of ~14000 ccw. I nearly lost that right when Virginia denied the ccw liscenses of 25 states (NC) but luckily they reversed that law
>>
>>29759761
>So like around the President.
What would an honest, just and fair politician have to fear from an armed citizenry if he's been doing his job right?
>>
>>29759676
This. If you're arrested without cause you can sue or, as is more common, you'll get a stack of cash and a non-disclosure agreement.
Ooh what part of San Diego? I have family out in Rancho Penasquitos.
>>
>>29756851
>folder
>for defense
not even once.
>>
>>29760053
"Just" and "Fair" aren't objective. Also, people can be wrong.
>>
>>29759563
Oh, I understand. I know that must be tough man, sometimes not all of us are fortunate enough to live somewhere god tier.
>>
>>29760234
Despite what the cultural Marxists have taught you in school, morality is not relative. There are objective measures to a politician's performance.
>>
>>29759768
>knives are shit for defense
If you know what you're doing with a knife, they're not shit for defense. The most important part of carrying is to be intimately familiar with your weapon (train both using and defending against it, practice weapon retention, etc). If you don't know how to use a knife properly, don't carry one because there's a chance your attacker will take it from you and fuck your shit up.
>>
>>29760186
Better than nothing.
>>
>>29760244
Don't get my wrong, I love my home state. I hate its gun laws, and some of the political views get annoying when people are too closed-minded to have a reasonable discussion. But I constantly wish we had more of a gun culture and better laws.
>>
>>29756851
I carry 2 knives in my backpack in a pocket that isnt noticeable. I have a 4.5 inch spring assisted knife and a credit card knife.
>>
>>29757884
>I want to carry a weapon in school
>g-g-guns are a no no
>but are knives okay?

Carry a fucking gun. Something like an lcp in a pocket holster will literally never be found if you do your part.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (119 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
119 KB, 1920x1080
I keep a Hawke Harrier Elite in my back pocket and yes it is easily concealed, as well a small folder in my front pocket so the sheep dont get scared.
>>
>>29757884
I carry two knives see the >>29760661 for what i carry.

Knives are not allowed at my school at all but depending on who catches me im fine. im in South Carolina and we have no state knife laws. Most people are really lax and couldnt give a shit as long you dont pull it out.
>>
>>29760515
Guns will get you expelled. Knives won't.
>>
>>29760307
The idea of defense through force is to prevent harm from coming to ones self.
With a knife, as opposed to a firearm or a baseball bat even, you have to let the threat get into arms reach, putting one's self closer to harm than would be preferable if one's objective is to remain unharmed.

Its like doing half the assailants job for them.
>>
>>29761196
Well no shit a baseball bat would be better, but you can't conceal a baseball bat as easily as you can a knife. And an opponent armed with a knife beats an unarmed opponent any day.
>>
>>29756851
IWB 1911 (5 inch barrel)

Don't really have any stories, you really shouldn't CCing honestly. Go to a pretty liberal school and just try to educate no-guns when the opportunity presents itself.
>>
>>29761335
I was using a bat as an example.
There are plenty of extendable batons that serve the same purpose that are concealable.

Herring argument/10.
Low range = piss poor for defence
granted it's better than nothing.
>>
File: 1458605053915.jpg (191 KB, 1261x1084) Image search: [Google]
1458605053915.jpg
191 KB, 1261x1084
I would carry my G26 or G19 in my backpack while on campus but I'm brown with a scary sounding name. Thus the chances of me getting searched for some bullshit is higher than most of /k/ I'm risking it and not carrying.
>>
>>29756851
I Carry every day

If it's legal in your state to CC on campus, more power to ya

Just be aware: Though the law says you can, doesn't mean...
>You can carry wherever you want
Generally they outline areas that are a no-go for CC (At my university, I can't carry if I went into the dorms)
>You are exempt from ramifications of faculty finding out you carry
If your firearm prints or is exposed, it's no longer concealed, which means you could be expelled.
Also, even if you use your firearm in a lawful situation, they can still expel you for doing so
>>
>>29761686
>Thus the chances of me getting searched for some bullshit is higher than most of /k/ I'm risking it and not carrying.

Do colleges actually randomly search people?
>>
>>29761654
The thing is I've trained extensively with a knife, so I just feel more comfortable with one. I suppose I could look at some batons but I'd have to do some research and train with one for a bit.
>>
>>29761698
>you can carry a gun
>oh but not where you live
>also if you use it you'll get kicked out
So explain to me again how I can carry?
>>
>>29760248
>le gultrual margsests xD
>flaunting your misconception that postmodernism and the frankfurt school are in any way marxist

>>29760053
>What would an honest, just and fair politician have to fear from an armed citizenry
Dishonest, unjust and unfair hostile agents. You know, the general "bad guys" that everybody else carries to defend against?
>>
>>29761744
Not randomly perse. But my schools police department does follow up on shit due to threats at the school. And all it takes is someone to makes a false story and report it. Not worth me getting kicked out.
>>
>>29762247
That's the beauty of blunt objects that extend your reach by even a foot or two.
You don't need to worry about edge alignment or if there are any solid parts you might hit where you're cutting or thrusting.
You just play whackamole with whatever jamal/jose/muhammed puts within 5 feet of you.

Bonus points for joints and head
>>
>>29764026
I use a knife more defensively, striking to incapacitate when my opponent throws punches/limbs/any body part. Strike to the inside of joints, soft parts of the arms, anywhere in the face/throat/etc.
>>
>>29764026
>blunt objects that extend your reach by even a foot or two
diamonds
>tfw you will never EDC escrima sticks without looking like a major autist
>>
>>29764101
>EDC escrima sticks
>be made fun of for it, so start wearing mask to hide identity
>be targeted by criminals for being autistic and EDCing escrima sticks
>get fed up, take matters into your own hands, and go full autist, make full on crime fighting suit
>slowly become Nightwing
>>
>>29764101
Isn't that the whole point of escrima? You don't have to EDC escrima sticks because anything lying around on the ground can be your escrima stick. Branches, section of pipe, etc. I've done some work with escrima sticks; they're pretty fun.
>>
>>29764077
that still has the same problems.

if you're more comfy with a knife that's fine and well, but a firearm or baton is objectively better for self defense if for no other reason than creating distance.

If you can keep an opponent outside of his range, but still in yours, you've already won.
>>
>>29764922
I'm not denying that a firearm or baton would be a better weapon for self defense; I completely agree. I'm just saying in order to be comfortable carrying either of those, I'd have to do a lot of training and practice with them. Besides which, a knife seems to be easier to conceal, easier to explain why you have on you (as a tool), and I have knives now while I don't have the other two.
>>
>>29766617
you really don't need much training for swinging a blunt object.
Its why maces and clubs were more common weapons in the bronze and medieval era than swords.

point and click firesticks also require minimal training, or else jamal and jose from across the street wouldnt be using them for their gang wars.

Guns are real simple.
Point the end with the hole at what you want gone.
depress bang switch with booger hook
it's gone
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.