[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have plenty of 9s, a 45 & a couple of small 380s (Bodyguard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: puvuzaty.jpg (151 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
puvuzaty.jpg
151 KB, 1024x768
I have plenty of 9s, a 45 & a couple of small 380s (Bodyguard & p238). Should I buy the ultra small/light Kel-Tec p32 (in 32 acp) to carry in the summer months or stick w the 380s?

I don't mind the 380s, but they do still take a bit of thought/prep before carrying & sometimes I just leave them at home because of that. I feel like if I had something super small I'd just chuck it in a cargo short pocket & go. And a mouse gun is still better than no gun.
>>
File: 1453964600816.gif (1 MB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
1453964600816.gif
1 MB, 245x184
>>29745535
>literally what is an lcp custom and a desantis holster

Quit being a lazy homo
>>
Why would you use a P32 when you can have its better built clone in the form of a Ruger LCP in a caliber that is actually going to kill someone? Most XTP loadings will give you the 12-18" of penetration through ballistics gelatin, even with heavy denim test. Hydrashoks also perform well in .380,

I am not going to volunteer to get shot with a .32 ACP. However, you are extremely limited in defensive ammunition, and desu I would probably go with an FMJ in .32, since I doubt any hollow point is going to give sufficient penetration.

Stick with the .380's, how the fuck does it require "thought/prep" before carrying? The 238, yeah maybe I could understand to a certain, albeit limited extent. But the Bodyguard? You literally have no excuse to leave that at home other than being a lazy retard faggot
>>
>>29745557
>Assuming LCPs aren't cheap feeling pieces of shit
>>
>>29745578
>But the Bodyguard? You literally have no excuse to leave that at home other than being a lazy retard faggot

Mostly the weight. Its one of the lightest 380s at 12oz unloaded sure, but the p32 is half its weight at 6oz. It doesn't sound like a whole lot but it'd be the difference in pulling down a light pair of gym shorts & not, or putting in a tight pocket & not printing all to hell.
>>
>>29745535

hey OP,

I got a Keltec P-32 and got the +1 round extension baseplates from Keltec.com.

That is 8+1 rounds of .32 ACP that has significant recoil reduction compared to the similar Keltec P3AT or the equivalent Ruger LCP..

It is centerfire and buffalobore.com has hardcast truncated cone ammunition for the .32 ACP that gives you all the penetration you will ever want and more.

I got it originally to try and get my sisters into the idea of conceal carry and something they could practically carry but in my honest opinion it is hands down the smallest, easiest to control semi-automatic pistol that shoots a centerfire cartridge.

I am not advocating to get this thing and think you will be shooting people at 20yards, though it has surprisingly good accuracy for the sights on it.

No this is a <10yards weapon but the recoil is less than half of the .380 ACP and is actually controllable.

They also make 10 round magazines that give you a great purchase on the grip and 10rounds is not bad for a backup magazine.

I started my quest as a good female gun and found what I think is the best, most reliable semi automatic pistol on the market today.

Break-in period was a couple hundred rounds and I am getting great reliability, shot is a couple hundred more rounds after that and ran all the ammo after the break-in period without one hickup.

I shot 20 rounds of that buffalo bore hard cast through it with no problems, the ammo was able to penetrate an empty propane canister at a little over 7yards ( I was behind cover in case of ricochet )

Also, Keltec website has really great accessories for it at surprisingly cheap prices.
>>
>>29745735
Anything that size feels cheap.
>>
>>29745851
My nigga. Would you recommend hollow points or just stick w the heavier penetrating stuff seeing as its a 32?

>>29745867
Not all of them. Its not so much the size, it just feels & shoots like shit in my hand. It exudes cheapness all around.
>>
>>29746146

I personally stick with just penetration but that is my opinion, I mean with the .32ACP I would be aiming for chest, neck, noggin with it's low recoil and the fact that I would only use it up close.

Like I said I run the buffalo bore hard cast with truncated cone for the penetration, even if I'm risking over-penetration that is the less of two evils compared to under-penetration.

Many people run the 73 gr FMJ rounds which is perfectly acceptable.

I don't have illusions about the use of this gun, this is for personal defense up close and personal, not gonna try to stop an active shooter or take on a gang of folks with this, strictly for poking folks that are between me and leaving any situation safely.

My sister will be getting her CPL soon and she has shot my P32 a bunch and is confident to carry it and use it effectively so I am happy to know she will have a firearm on her at all times to protect herself.
>>
>>29745578
>Why would you use a P32 when you can have its better built clone
lighter, higher capacity
>>
My daily carry for the last year or so has been a Keltec P32. I love it. .380ACP gives you nothing in lethality and costs you obnoxious recoil and capacity.

>inb4 the 30y/o chart showing 25acp better than 32acp
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.