[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In regards to firing squads wherein some have live ammunition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
In regards to firing squads wherein some have live ammunition and some have blanks: it's fairly easy to tell if you've fired a blank or a live round, no?
>>
Yes, but it still gives guards an easy out to deny the murder they just committed.

>That wasn't recoil, I just flinched. Yeah, that's it.

A real dick move to fuck with the squad's head is to go with the 1 live 3 blank lie and then have all the rifles loaded with live ammo.
>>
Depends on the firearm involved, as well as the caliber.

For instance, pictured are M16s. If you fire an M16 loaded with blanks then the rifle will not cycle. So you'll know for a fact that you fired a blank. This is due entirely to the fact that blank rounds have less propellant in them than live fire rounds.
A blank in a firearm operating on gas blowback (Direct impingement M16) will not cycle correctly.
A blank in a firearm operating on recoil will likely not cycle correctly.
A blank in a firearm operating on bolt action or similar manual cocking does not cycle. But if you pull the bolt back then obviously there will be a spent blank in there instead of an empty live fire casing.

Tell you what, do a quick Google search for "Blank rounds vs live fire rounds" and you'll see the difference between the two. They look different.

I could usually tell when I was firing blanks during training by feel. There was also the obvious signs such as the Blank Firing Adapter I had screwed into the end of the barrel AND the fact that I just loaded a bunch of blank rounds into a magazine then loaded the magazine into the rifle just before firing. but I could feel the difference, it's KIND OF like the difference in lightness between firing a .49 from a full steel handgun vs firing a 9mm from a full steel handgun. But that's all subjective.
>>
>>29739790
>>
>>29739704
No anon.They never had blanks.
>>
>>29739775
This is how it was done in most cases.

They were told that there was one blank, but standard operating procedure in most militaries was to have everyone loaded live ammo.

This way the prisoner was guaranteed dead quick and the guards of execution squads would have reasonable doubt that they didn't just kill a man in cold blood.
>>
>>29739704
>implying theres actually blanks
>implying every rifle isn't loaded with live rounds
>>
Kek. Executioners voluntarily take the job (in civilised countries) and actually take pride in doing in quickly and cleanly and without fuss. Most do not get ptsd or regret because it is just a job they have to do.
>>
Without trying to be an edgelord, whats the big deal? You signed on, you know the person is a POS, doing the world a service.
>>
>>29739704
Is that David hasselhoff
>>
>In regards to firing squads wherein some have live ammunition and some have blanks

This always sounded like bullshit to me. It's extremely easy to tell the difference between a blank and a live round.
>>
File: uxSaeSb.jpg (588 KB, 1599x1160) Image search: [Google]
uxSaeSb.jpg
588 KB, 1599x1160
>>29739704
>>
File: what is a nation.jpg (26 KB, 720x795) Image search: [Google]
what is a nation.jpg
26 KB, 720x795
>>29741548
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et9TRcysAIw

Nationalism is pretty weird when you think about it, killing people you've never met in a place you've never been for people you've never met.

I wouldn't think they would be bothered about it as much as they would just know that they didn't really have a beef with the guy and maybe would have even done the same thing if they were in his shoes.
>>
>>29740391

The only poster in this thread that isn't a fucking idiot regurgitating fuddlore
>>
>>29741548
Be drinking coffee, reading newspaper.
>Normal routine for good forty years
One of the article catches your eyes.
>Murder case overturned
It's the first execution you perform 30 years ago.
>feels.jpg
>>
Its a bullshit story.
Nobody gets a blank.
Apart from the recoil, everybody would have to fill their magazine and work the action before firing, so would see and handle the ammo.
They don't hand out preloaded and cocked rifles from the Armoury at random for obvious safety reasons.
Either:
1. Semiauto rifle - the one with the blank will fire but not eject so it would be obvious
2. Bolt-action, youre going to see the empty casing on the feedway as you extract, equally obvious.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 468x146) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 468x146
The "one blank round" fable is from the early days of cartridge rifles.
The first blank rounds used wood projectiles that disintegrated just past the muzzle. They felt, sounded and operated just like a normal round in a single shot rifle.

When assembling a firing squad, the tradition was to select soldiers who had committed some minor offence and offer them the duty instead of other punishments.
The senior non commissioned officer of the party would pass out one round per man and the soldiers would load without looking.
The soldiers where told that one of the rounds was a blank, a sop to let them believe that they may not have killed a fellow soldier.
By the Boer War all that silliness was forgotten and everyone in the party used a ball round.
The report on the execution by firing party of Breaker Morant stated that all six rounds hit him in the heart.

Pic related. 8x58R Krag wood bullet blank.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.