[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your opinion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 14
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 548x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 548x1200
So my question is to you /k/ommandos what are the necessities to have attached to your plate carrier. Obviously your gonna have your mag pouches up front but I see allot of set ups and I'm just curious what you guys prefer when it comes to gear placement and equipment.
>>
IFAK is a necessity, but aside from that, unit SOP dictates. Some people would argue that you should have water, but that's subjective, often times carrying water in a bottle in your cargo pocket is easier.

Radios are a big deal, but if you don't have them, there's no need to build your kit around them.

Gloves, lights, knives, chem lights, food, weapon accessories, GPS and navigation aids, notetaking gear, breaching gear, explosives such as flashbangs, thermobarics, defensive grenades and smoke grenades and auxiliary weapons systems such as 40mm launchers are all things that take up space, if you have to carry them out of necessity then obviously you need room for them
>>
>>29716538
Ammunition. Knife if your too sissy to buy bayoneet.
>>
>>29716538
Cyka blyat, back in the day there were no plate carriers, you had tank men and rifle men. Rifle men March by tank and have ammunition for their rifle. With the inevitable loss of ammunition the rifleman mounts his bayonet and charges because he's not a pussy.
>>
>>29716538
your fighting load should have
ammo
water
medical
comms

in that order.
>>
>>29716538
Ammo, med. kit, and tourniquet is first priority.

I also have two granade pouches, a knife and a pistol
>>
File: 122.jpg (19 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
122.jpg
19 KB, 240x180
Since we're on the subject of plate carriers and what to keep on them:

>I am in the the market for a decent modular system. Looking for something with modular flexibility that easily integrate into a belt rig.

Proposed loadout:
>8 30-rd 556 mags
>IFAK/Blowout kit
>Hydration bladder
>Radio

Belt kit:
>USP-C and holster
>2 mags
>dump pouch

Suggestions?

>Pic Not Related - Just in memory
>>
>>29716538
>>29719566
This, everything else is more or less mission dependent

Other things that you pretty much always have:

>safety lanyard
>knife
>grenades, flash bang and frag
>fast rope gloves
>marking / identifying equipment (chemlights, tape, markers, etc)
>restraints, PUC masks
>pen & paper
>multitool
>dump pouch
>snacks (nice to have if you end up being on target for a long ass time)
>extra batteries
>navigation equipment
>tourniquets
>brownout goggles (swimming goggles are GOAT)

Mission / role dependent stuff:

>breaching tools (explosives, crowbars, hoolie tool, sledgehammer, bolt cutters, etc)
>ladder
>webbing/rope
>other types of grenades
>sidearm
>aid bag
>NODs bag
>needlenose pliers (SAW gunner mostly)
>whatever random bullshit you have to carry for the squad

I'm probably forgetting some stuff but that should be most of it
>>
Mags, radio pouch, ifak, knife, grenade pouches if needed. Maybe a chest secretary if your job requires you to carry papers and shit.
>>
>>29722047
that's way too much shit to be carrying on you.

>ammo
>water
>medical

is all you really need on your kit.
>>
>>29722305
Do you think I'm saying this shit because I read it somewhere on the internet?
>>
>>29722316
I think he meant it's way too much for anyone whose not infantry in a major military to carry.
>>
>>29722355
Well, that stands to reason, which is why I agreed with this gentleman

>>29719566
>your fighting load should have
>ammo
>water
>medical
>comms
>>
>>29722355

THis is kind of its own tangent but fuck it.

What's the best way for a scrub civilian like me to condition his body to moving around with gear on? Wear it on a daily basis while I do my usual shit or what?

I don't wanna look like I'm some kind of suburban Bomber Man either.
>>
>>29716538
Tired of junior asking me questions today.

You tell me what I had. Protip: you're wrong.
>>
>>29722402
Lift weights and ruck brother.
>>
Ammo, water, medical. Those are the essentials of gear. If you don't have a belt capable of bearing load, all of it goes on the plate carrier.

How much is up to you and your situation.

Radio is important for teams
>>
>>29722407
The rage boils over.
>>
>>29722402
>Wear it on a daily basis while I do my usual shit
Nah, you'll fuck up your joints and probably get nothing out of it. Just do regular PT. Make sure to do a mix of high rep bodyweight shit and weight training. Lots of cardio and conditioning. Burpees are great.

https://barsandstripesfitness.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/four-horsemen-workout-program.pdf
>>
File: loadout.jpg (6 KB, 89x158) Image search: [Google]
loadout.jpg
6 KB, 89x158
Anyone have experience with the Mission Spec EOC? The reviews I read are pretty good, but no word on actual use. Also looking at the Mayflower APC, which is significantly more expensive.

Right now I'm running a battle belt, but would like more storage
>>
>>29722430
It just gets mundane. I was a grunt, did grunt shit. What we carried is pretty common knowledge.
>>
File: 1420140350636.gif (345 KB, 792x3158) Image search: [Google]
1420140350636.gif
345 KB, 792x3158
>>
>>29716538
1/2
You have to treat the word "plate carrier" the same as "armor". Too many neckbeards think it's a magical device that keeps your hot pockets in easy reach, but you have to truly understand that the point of ARMOR is to give you a slightly better chance of being able to kill the person trying to kill you or save your life if you fuck up enough to take a round in your center mass.

ARMOR shouldn't be an exciting thing for you neckbeards, it's like at Helms Deep when the kids started shitting themselves putting on armor and shit- it's a reminder that you're probably going to get fucked real hard but this thing might help you.

Anything that doesn't actively help you kill somebody, or save your own life after taking a shot, does not belong on a plate carrier at all. Ever.

The ONLY exception to this is water- water is too heavy to comfortably be carried anywhere else besides off your shoulders.

Only the following should ever be directly attached to your ARMOR
>as many magazines as necessary for your expected threat, plus two
>IFAK that only contains supplies to stabilize a gunshot wound. No bandaids or beano
>Water
>grenades if you're actually top of your class in the navy seals

That's fucking it. The reason you see plate carriers loaded out more than this is because 1. actual soldiers actually have to carry a lot of shit and they have to utilize the real estate, and 2. neckbeards trying to be /fa/k/
>>
File: tumblr_n9773eoQOq1rkasm5o2_1280.jpg (328 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9773eoQOq1rkasm5o2_1280.jpg
328 KB, 1280x853
>>29722533
hows the haley rig?
>>
>>29722533
forgot to mention you should only ever have a pistol on your carrier if you're constantly in and out of vehicles. Under no other circumstance should you do something this gay.

2/3?
Anything else you want to carry has to be divided into shit you need to be able to grab without stopping (as in you can be walking along and access it easily) and stuff you shouldn't need let alone be accessing until you're stopped and out of danger.

Shit you need to grab on the move goes on a belt.
The idea is the stuff on the belt might help you, but nothing on it will actually save you like your armor and the shit on it will. It needs to be able to be ditched when you don't want or need it. Imagine you're in a spoopy area where you would still need your armor on, but don't necessarily need your bat belt. You can pop it off and shed 5-10 pounds but still be protected, since if you need to jump up and go you have the stuff you depend on.
Belt shit includes
>pistol and holster (you should depend on your primary, so ditching your pistol for weight shouldn't bother you)
>additional medical (bandaids and immodium)
>2 single stack pistol mags, or one double stack. You should only have 25ish rounds for your pistol. You're not depending on it, and if you have to you already deserve to die
>knife if you want. You're never, never, never going to use it in combat so it's purely going to be for opening food wrappers and loose threads. Get a small piece of shit.
>lightest dump pouch you can find, assuming your first concern when someone is trying to kill you is keeping track of your empty and worthless magazines

All things that will help you, but not save you
>>
>>29722631

It's good, depends on your mission set. I'm not a door kicker but it works for me.
>>
>>29722533
>>29722664
1. Chill out
2. Where did you serve, because it sounds like you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about
>>
>>29722533
>>29722664
I should probably mention I'm talking from the perspective as a shtf type scenario. I'm not military and have no experience, but I'm trying to play to the nec/k/beard stalker fantasy of for some reason actually wanting to be lvl 3 raiders and khans instead of doing something smart like banding together with what society you can and remaining civil, and treating defense as "try not to piss anybody off, and go prone between two concrete barriers with a rubbermaid full of loaded mags"

3/3?
And lastly shit that you have to carry, but not until everything's safe and you're about to chill or make camp or rest after your tiger fierce mad minute with your nugget which included two rim locks.

Your pack needs to be only large enough to carry the shit you want to carry, because as anyone can tell you carrying a pack is the worst shit ever next to bad boots.

These are your average self preservation/survival shits.
>extra socks and undies
>extra clothes
>food
>extra water
>tent/sleeping bag
>multitool (you're not going to be fixing shit in the middle of a firefight)
>bootleg fireworks
>general hiking and camping shit

Nothing in here will save you from being shot at, so it should be the first thing to get ripped off if you get in trouble, if you're even carrying it when you even come close to danger.

TL;DR
The only thing on your chest should be plates, magazines, gauze/tq, water. That's it.

If there's enough interest I'll sperg out about how to use chest 'rigs' as well
>>
>>29722425
>Lift weights and ruck brother.
>>29722442
>Make sure to do a mix of high rep bodyweight shit and weight training. Lots of cardio and conditioning. Burpees are great.

I work a shipping dock moving large car parts and totes of smaller ones all day. Does that count?

>TFW spent four hours Friday building pallets of brake rotors to be shipped
>Feel that muscle burn

Problem is, if I wanted to increase my physical workout, I don't think I would have time on an average day.
>>
File: 1440816538328.jpg (116 KB, 820x461) Image search: [Google]
1440816538328.jpg
116 KB, 820x461
>>29722794
>I'm not military and have no experience
>>
>>29722815
How do you feel your physical fitness is overall brother? Shit working manual labor you def have strength.
>>
>>29722631
It's not bad, it'll do what you need and I believe its better than not having something, but you can easily have something lighter, cheaper, and modular.

If you want something similar, I'd recommend the blue force essential kit rig. Exactly same mag capacity, larger and more useful pouch in a far better location, cheaper, slimmer, no stupid bungie tabs. The pouch could work as an ifak but I think it makes way more sense to get a detachable pouch so you can actually see what the fuck you're grabbing at.

I'd recommend just getting literally any molle chest panel like blue force or the pig ucr and getting pouches you actually want/need REE

>>29722707
1. eat shit
2. I'm a way higher prestige than you bro so hush
>>
>>29722835
>blue force gear 10 speed mag pouches

hahahaha, dude you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Have you ever tried to reinsert mags into those fuckers?
>>
>>29722834
>How do you feel your physical fitness is overall brother?

There's a long way to go. I was a disgusting fatty when I started there, and not totally sure how much weight I have lost.

I'm thinking that when I start making time to go to my innawoods cabin I can start some sort of PT for myself doing laps through the woods around the property.
>>
>>29722835
>>29722794
>>29722664
>>29722533

So why are you acting like a condescending little shit like you know literally anything more than anyone else?
You're just another wannabe playing dress up, and you have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>29722900
Man you gotta start a fitness routine now. I know shit sucks I've been there working swing shifts. But you shouldn't delay komrade.
>>
>>29722668
what jacket senpai?
>>
>>29722047
>>safety lanyard
Mission dependent
>>knife
Can keep a small folding knife in pocket
>>grenades, flash bang and frag
>>fast rope gloves
Mission dependent
>>marking / identifying equipment (chemlights, tape, markers, etc)
>>restraints, PUC masks
We slid the zip cuffs through the shoulder straps in our PC, masks can be put in an assault pack
>>pen & paper
>>multitool
Covers knife needs, can cover pliers
>>dump pouch
>>snacks (nice to have if you end up being on target for a long ass time)
I kept this in my cargo pocket with water bottles
>>extra batteries
Bring some for the FNG who decided not to bring them too
>>navigation equipment
>>tourniquets
Unit and theater sop usually dictate in right shoulder pocket and ankle pocket as well as ifak
>>brownout goggles (swimming goggles are GOAT)
>>
>>29723279
I'd say nods are essential as well unless your coc lets you keep them in your pack
>>
>>29723279
yeah, I meant stuff you had with you, not stuff that was literally attached to your plate carrier.

I've literally done like 2 GAFs, total, so we always had lanyard and gloves. It was also SOP to always have grenades

Multitool has more uses than knife but it takes longer to get out. Mostly used knife for SSE so it's just convenient to have something you can slide in and out of a sheath easily when going through stuff. I actually carried a giant stupid ka-bar because I also used it for prying/breaking glass/etc.

Pliers are for clearing FTEs/digging links out of random places in the SAW so again it's something you want to be able to get out quickly. I kept mine tucked into the molle on my kit.

NODs are absolutely essential but I wasn't including them/peltors/eyepro
>>
i put my mag pouches on the bottom of it with a radio pouch on my right and ifak on the left

grenade pouch on the upper row with a small admin pouch centered, rubber banded on tourniquet right below that

2 flashbang pouches on the top of the rear part of my kit by the shoulders. usually bring a hydration panel too.

war belt would be mission dependent but it would have my shotgun retainer, and another 2 grenades with a beaner for my flyers.
>>
>>29716538
Ammo on chest, bayonet, first aid pouch and NVGs on one side, comm gear on the other.
>>
>>29723823
Water on my back. And that's pretty much it. Got a belt with two multi-purpose pouches I can strap on me when I need to carry more stuff, like a claymore, extra grenades, illumination gear, stuff like that.
>>
File: ol.jpg (454 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
ol.jpg
454 KB, 1536x2048
>>29716538
Deployed: Rifle ammo, pistol ammo, first aid kit, NODs, multitool, handlight, e-tape, medium sized fixed blade, and radio with whip antenna. Chem lights in MOLLE usually. Belt with pistol, more rifle ammo, more pistol ammo, 1/4 block C4 charges and water. Pockets with camera, notebook, pens, gloves.

For fun kit: Slick armor. Chest rig with rifle mags, gorilla tape, and sometimes painter's tape. Belt with pistol, pistol ammo, 1-2 rifle mags, medical kit, multitool, and dump pouch. Pockets with notebook, pens, small knife, and flashlight.
>>
File: LBEx2.jpg (149 KB, 751x837) Image search: [Google]
LBEx2.jpg
149 KB, 751x837
>>29716538
>what are the necessities to have attached to your plate carrier

I don't have a carrier. I have these.
>>
>>29722631
I have a lot of complaints about it
going off what >>29722533 said, it's frustrating that it has 3 general purpose pockets right in your prime real estate. especially these days where the meta is (when wearing armor) your only want one layer of magazines/shit on your chest to make prone a lot easier, but then haley has a chest rig that says fuck you to that concept and everyone eats it up.
>>
File: 7865658.jpg (30 KB, 594x553) Image search: [Google]
7865658.jpg
30 KB, 594x553
>>29722794
I had to read 2 of your posts to see this. You should have started with that so I wouldn't have wasted my time.
Fuck you you wannabe faggot nigger
>>
>>29722464
gear for ants?
>>
>>29728813
How can I be expected to operate if I can't even fit inside the rig?!
>>
File: fassburton.jpg (75 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
fassburton.jpg
75 KB, 1024x683
>>29722794

You fucking what?
>>
Lots of stuff being mentioned over and over again.

Here is what 32 years of being infantry tells me to carry.

A yard of 100MPH tape wrapped around a disposable lighter.
A spool of trip wire.
A half dozen tracer rounds.
Plastic Baggie with instant coffee, sugar and creamer.
Toothbrush.
A couple of flag patches to give to kids.
Something useless that the boss says to carry. Last time I was over there it was a cylume in every colour, including IR.
Crayon or steel workers pencil.
Magnifying glass or pocket loupe. Pocket wifi.
Pain killers.
Gatorade powder.
A 1:250k map that covers the mission area and 100 km around as well as the 1:25k for the mission.
Spare watch.
Camera.
And as much ammo as you can carry in the assault ruck.

We waddle into battle.
We kill people and brake things.
We float out.
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 800x600
>>
My first priority is brew flask on a pistol belt.
>>
>>29716538
Your PC/chest rig should have
Ammo
Water
Medical supplies

Those are the big three. If you are missing any of those three things you need to get a solution ASAP. Way more important than things like comms, or other tools.
>>
>>29716538
Mags up front.
Pistol mags front high.
Radio inside the cumberbund.
PTT left high.
3 FB pouches front.
2 FB pouches on the back up high.
Garmin foretrex 104 left shoulder.

Have a battle belt with an IFAK, nades, NVG and pistol.

Just make sure to always have ammo, NVGs, IFAK, GPS and a radio.
All the rest goes in the grab bag / day pack.
>>
>>29722305
This. As little as possible. You don't need a bunch of stupid heavy shit blocking your freedom of movement.
>>
>>29721942
8 mags!?

whew lad
>>
File: ladder.jpg (441 KB, 927x1400) Image search: [Google]
ladder.jpg
441 KB, 927x1400
>>29734328
>Other things that you pretty much always have:

Also post yfw I had to wear this shit like a backpack
thing broke halfway through the deployment, thank god
>>
>>29721942
http://www.greyghostgear.com/category-s/1820.htm

Three in flat shingle up front
http://www.greyghostgear.com/product-p/1006.htm

Triple mag pouch with flap off to the non-handgun side to restock the front shingle
http://www.skdtac.com/Tactical-Tailor-Universal-Mag-Pouch-p/1tt.195.htm

If you need more than six mags plus the one in your gun then you should be pulling them out of your backpack or vehicle ammo bag because you're having a really shit day and need to GTFO

IFAK goes between the triple mag pouch and the shingle

Radio goes at the end

Keep weapon side clear for snag-free handgun draw, maybe two extra pistol mags knocked forward if you think you can clear your holster adequately

Handgun mags should be on belt rig since a slung rifle blocking mag pouches on the centerline chest/stomach will foul up a reload for a pistol which is the last thing you want to do if your rifle is disabled.

Dump pouch should also go on belt.
>>
>>29722530
We really need to update that from Camelback to Source Hydration
>>
>>29722631
It's awesome. Mayflower makes a good rival as well. It may just be preference, but I cannot stand the way all MOLLE/PALS pouches just flop around on my PC no matter how it's mounted. The next PC I get will be slick.
>>
I have a question about pouch placement. If i have three single mag pouches on my front and two doubles either side of that to allow easier access when prone. My IFAK on my side and an Administrator on my chest, where should my radio pouch go? Should I bump one of the double mag pouches back a bit on the side without the IFAK and slip it in between the double and the singles on the front?
>>
>>29738780
Working with a Harris/MBITR or some tiny civvie radio?
>>
>>29738811
It's a Yaesu FT-270 so not massive.
>>
>>29722047
>>29723279

>>safety lanyard
99% of people in the military will never need one
>>knife
should keep a small folding knife in pocket, but a fixed blade on your plate carrier or belt when you're in a squabble on the ground is ideal.

>>fast rope gloves
Mission dependent

>>restraints, PUC masks
flex cuffs for sure, but carrying a mask is fucking retarded. Cut the little faggots clothes apart and tie them around their face. Doesn't weigh you down at all

>>pen & paper
>>multitool
get a leatherman wave with a pocket clip. never leave home without it

>>dump pouch

on belt, always on belt

>>snacks (nice to have if you end up being on target for a long ass time)
cargo pocks

>>extra batteries

yup. get a little tiny belt pouch and jam it with 3volts and AAs
>>
>>29738931
Throw tabbed e-tape around yer batteries! This keeps them from contacting metal or each other and discharging.

This is my only contribution.
>>
>>29738959

simple advice is good advice.
>>
>>29738713
Sounds like you need better quality stuff, everything of mine is rock solid, like it's stitched onto the PC
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.