[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've been considering buying a gun for the last couple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: guns-383.jpg (73 KB, 766x410) Image search: [Google]
guns-383.jpg
73 KB, 766x410
So I've been considering buying a gun for the last couple of years now, after experiencing a armed robbery myself. I just turned 21 and I live in California so I really want a good handgun that I can conceal on my person at all times.

>What handgun do you recommend to scare the pants off of armed criminals.

>I want to CC a gun that says: "You call that a gun? This is a gun."

>If this is a stupid question, I'll probably just go the normal route and buy a Glock 19.
>>
>>29597885
Probably a compact of sorts. Go to a gunstore (bonus points if it's a range and they let you shoot the pistols). Feel up some pistols in your price range to find which one fits best in your hand. Purchase pistol and plenty of ammo. Practice, practice, practice. Also take CC course and get yourself a good holster, no cheap shit nylon. Also, just because you think you'll be hard CCing a 1911 or "bigger is better" you're wrong. Unless you're in a coat or dress bulky you're not going to get away with CCing a fuckhueg pistol.
>>
Don't carry a gun to feel safe, or expect a mugger will give you the chance to draw.

Also don't try to CC a big gun.
>>
Well, yeah.
Glock 19 is the go-to for a reason.
>>
File: Deah.png (451 KB, 599x433) Image search: [Google]
Deah.png
451 KB, 599x433
>>29597885
If you want to scare with your handgun go for iconic, something everyone recognizes.

Since your're 21 though you probably won't have the money for it. Just get something chambered in .45.
>>
>>29597982
>>29598041

I don't necessarily want a big gun. Just something that looks serious, like >>29598174
>>
>>29598514
If you're getting mugged they're not going to stop and inspect your firearm to see if you're too cool not to be mugged. If you want straight edges get a glock, if you want shiny shit that would have you swimming in crow puss after a trip to the range get a revolver.
>>
>>29598514
Any 4" .44 with a full underlug will do. But no gun will scare off hoodlums if the wielder looks like pussy wrist mcnoodle arms.
>>
>>29598514
Look up the jericho
>>
>>29597885

Smith and Wesson 629 - .44 magnum.

Honestly, I think you'd be better served with a 9mm; but if you want intimidation in a small package a .44 magnum snub fits the bill.
>>
File: 1458638289721.jpg (9 KB, 240x196) Image search: [Google]
1458638289721.jpg
9 KB, 240x196
>>29598527

/thread

If you are looking for deterrence just carry a claymore, not a handgun.
>>
>>29598514
All guns are scary looking when they're pointed at you.
>>
File: 1448061052493.jpg (74 KB, 1080x444) Image search: [Google]
1448061052493.jpg
74 KB, 1080x444
>>29597885

A krink.
>>
>>29597885
are you sure you can get your permit to carry?
what county are you in?
>>
>>29598514
It doesn't matter what a gun looks like because if you pull a gun on someone you kill them or they kill you.
>>
>>29597885
a gun is a gun. I pull out a .38 snubnose vs a desert eagle, people are more than likely going to haul ass in the other direction. If they don't theyre probably fucking crazy so nothing else but shooting them will matter anyway
CA has a roaster of guns you have to pick from and it gets smaller every couple of years. Google that, see what you can get, and yes pick something vanilla as your first
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.