[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on Kahr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: GetDynamicImage.jpg (48 KB, 652x556) Image search: [Google]
GetDynamicImage.jpg
48 KB, 652x556
I'm looking at locally-built pistols that aren't the M&P line, and I've been sniffing around a Kahrs stuff.

Is it an awful piece of Moonie garbage good only for laundering money for the cult?

Or is it like True World Foods and their sushi-grade fish, where in addition to helping to fund the unification church, they pretty much sell some of the best stuff in their respective market?
>>
>>29557480
i've been looking at a Kahr CM9 for a CCW option cause im a skinny motherfucker. I've heard mostly good things about them though.
>>
Their premium lines are high quality, reliable and accurate. Great triggers, well made. Meh as far as capacity, they don't make any gun AFAIK that holds more than 7 rounds at a time.

Haven't fooled with their economy line stuff but i wouldnt shy from it.

I've owned 3 pm9s and carried one daily since 2008. Of the 6 kahrs I've owned I've never had a ftf or FTE that couldn't be attributed to bad mags or bad ammo

They're also the only company to my knowledge that offers a metal framed striker fired pistol. The T, K & MK series are all metal (only 9mm & 40cal).
>>
File: KahrMK40.jpg (56 KB, 778x584) Image search: [Google]
KahrMK40.jpg
56 KB, 778x584
My guilty pleasure is the MK9 Elite.
>>
File: Optima1.jpg (2 MB, 3945x2577) Image search: [Google]
Optima1.jpg
2 MB, 3945x2577
>>29557640
Damn, that is sexy.

OP here, so I take it that Kahr is exactly like True World Foods, and that in addition to being a money-laundering front for the Moonies, they make a damn good product because the Koreans are too autistic to ever allow themselves to be associated with an inferior product?

Or to put it this way, are Kahr guns basically the Kia Optima Turbo of semi-auto pistols, where they are sexy lookkng and reasonably priced, but even at tge price you sacrifice nothing in quality and they're easily as nice as products costing 1/2 again as much as they do?

Pic related.
>>
I've been considering a K9. I'm on the market for a single stack metal 9mm. Only co plaintiff I hear is that the trigger is long and a bit heavy.

>Sig P6/225
>SW 3913
>HK P7
>>
I've owned a Kahr CW9 and fucking hated it. the only good thing about it was that it felt good in my hands. the slide could not be racked correctly i sold that piece of shit
>>
>>29557785
the slide could not be racked correctly
sure kid.
>>
>>29557785
Slide release. Sling shot isn't really "correct"
>>
>>29557785
Their economy line guns have a reputation of being hit or miss

>>29557755
K9 is a great gun but you may have trouble finding one anywhere but online.

>>29557729
Yeah they are pretty slick
>>
File: image.jpg (758 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
758 KB, 1632x1224
I'm switching to a CM9 for summer carry.

No failures, nothing, even out of the box.

The cheaper ones are less refined.
Worse ingraving, no night sights, not as smooth.
No match grade barrel, only one mag instead of two.

Smallest 9mm on the market. They make good nichie guns. Almost better then glocks in some respects.

Could care less what the believe.
>>
Now that Idaho is going constitutional carry (unless the fucking cucks in Boise block my cock) I'm looking at a CM9. I played with one at my favorite LGS (Cliff's in Meridian is based, guys, as is Boise Gun) and I thought it was great.
>>
Have been considering either an LCP or Kahr 380 for a pocket gun

LCP is $220 new at lgs and Kahr is $340.

The Kahr feels way better in hand, but is slightly heavier.

Not sure if the Kahr is worth $100 more for a pocket 380
>>
Not OP, but looking for a new CC gun. So far I've played with and really liked the CM9, Walther PPS, and Walther CCP (although I liked one more than the other, I think it was the CCP--one of them had a better mag release for my hands, can't remember which one) but I'm very interested in the SCCY1/2. I played with a P11 and hated the mag release, although it's cheap and tiny so I might just say fuck it.
Anyone have any input on these? I'm sure /k/ knows the most obscure problems that make each and every one of those a piece of shit
>>
To my knowledge, Kahrs require a break in period that you can go through just by dry firing them. The mags don't really drop free and their P line is good quality.
>>
File: 1459352877267.jpg (714 KB, 1490x838) Image search: [Google]
1459352877267.jpg
714 KB, 1490x838
>>29557755
Do not forget about the Sig P239
>>
>>29558643

Have you looked at the Shield?

It's the cheapest option and just a hair smaller than any of those.

One of the top single stacks on the market right now
>>
>>29559299
I played with one. I don't remember what I didn't like about it, maybe the mag release or something about the ergo?
>>
>>29557480
>Redpill

Fuck off.
>>
I have been saving up for the CW9. I have their other guns and like them well enough. Hopefully the CW9 is big enough to shoot regularly and often. The LCP is too small and not very fun to shoot often like that, but the CW9 is a tiny bit bigger and can get the bigger magazines the extend the grip a bit.
>>
>>29557480
Your way of asking the question is strange but to andwer you I havent heard any good about kahr
>>
>>29560365
Do you mean anything bad? /k/ has liked Kahr for years
>>
>>29560116
>>>/trash/
you first, nigger.
>>
I have a PM9. You can have it. This thing is a POS

>muh break in period
Fucking any hollow point ammo nosedives against the feed ramp on the 2nd round out and magazine.
I've sent this POS back to Kahr 3 times, going back for the 4th.
#1 and 2, "everything fine, we'll replace the mag"
I decided to live with it being a range whore...and the fucking rear sight fell off so it went back for #3...
Now the sight fell off again and the end nut for the recoil assembly is walking itself out and have locktited it
>>
Better guns for equal money are available unless you want a micro 9mm for pocket carry.

>advertised break in period
>issues on guns with racking the slide to charge it
>tiny magazine release that is borderline absurd

love the trigger though and I wish they would make a better gun with it.
>>
File: pps.jpg (104 KB, 736x482) Image search: [Google]
pps.jpg
104 KB, 736x482
>>29557480
They're ugly as hell, their sights suck, and have horrible triggers.

Here OP, have a decent gun.
>>
>>29557480

I was very interested in getting an MK9 for CC until I got to handle one. Slide was a bitch to pull back, probably worse than an LCP. It was used though so I'm wondering if there was something wrong with it or the previous owner put heavier springs in it because the polymer Kahrs I've handled didn't have pain in the ass slides.
>>
>>29560618
That is literally the worst experience I've ever heard of someone having with Kahr
>>
>>29558659
>The mags don't really drop free
This is incorrect.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.