[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Watching the original Red Dawn and wondering: 1. What weapon(s)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: the_new_red_dawn.jpg (16 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
the_new_red_dawn.jpg
16 KB, 600x400
Watching the original Red Dawn and wondering:

1. What weapon(s) would you use to defend yourself in that scenario? Why? Go for firearms that ammo would be easy to savage or use firearms a possible invading army would use? Reload your own? Have your own saved up? Use a bit of both?

2. Could today's American civilians, and the current arms they have available to purchase, cause trouble for an invading army or would they get rolled over?

3. What's the most plausible way the United States could be invaded and by who?
>>
1. AR-15
2. Yes
3. Massive container ships could easily hide an invasion force.

https://youtu.be/h5Vmf3u0D1A
>>
>>29540622
>1. What weapon(s) would you use to defend yourself in that scenario? Why? Go for firearms that ammo would be easy to savage or use firearms a possible invading army would use? Reload your own? Have your own saved up? Use a bit of both?

look at rebellions and insurgency's around the world

hint: what ever fuck you can get your hands on

>2. Could today's American civilians, and the current arms they have available to purchase, cause trouble for an invading army or would they get rolled over?

is it this hard to look up at real world examples that are happening right now ?

yes, eventually in this order

>3. What's the most plausible way the United States could be invaded and by who?

by magic space lizards and i am completely serious
>>
>>29540622
>what weapons?
Silenced sniper rifle. I would set up sniper blinds all over the place and move between them in a thermal-resistant ghillie suit. Also IEDs, lots and lots of IEDs.

>could we cause trouble?
absolutely. If borderline retarded sandniggers can fuck with the USA military I think we can get something going.

>How?
We enter into a treaty that allows the UN or some other multinational organization to override US sovereignty, who deploys forces to ensure compliance with an economic or social policy.
>>
>>29540622
as much as I like red dawn, if the USSR was to invade the US, wouldn't they nuke the shit out of us first?
why in the fuck would you invade the superpower basically on par with you without crippling them first?
1. AR15 and 1911 to start but I would pick up whatever I could to survive
2. we could for sure cause problems and piss off an invading force
3. probably by cargo/fishing boats coming into port and overpowering the guards there
3A. IS/Norktards
>>
>>29540667
I fucking loved World in Conflict
>>
>>29540667
Man I loved that game, kinda wished the nukes were bigger though
>>
>>29540741
>>29540782

Highly underrated RTS game. Played like a MOBA.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>29540622
What would I use?
Everything at my disposal. I own three rifles and a shotgun and some hands guns, and I have a couple of friends who all own several guns. We would distribute them and create a war band and attack convoys and whatever else we could.

Red Dawn is like my wet dream btw
>>
>>29540667
muh kingdome
>>
File: 1459335770630.jpg (3 MB, 2250x1500) Image search: [Google]
1459335770630.jpg
3 MB, 2250x1500
>>29540741
>>29540856
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1456619776748.webm
>>
>>29540905
>Pig SKD gloves

Comfy as fuck but they won't last you two weeks under heavy use
>>
>>29540622
>What weapon(s) would you use to defend yourself in that scenario?

An alarm clock.
>>
File: Communism.jpg (230 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Communism.jpg
230 KB, 1680x1050
>>29541118
>>
File: Feel_the_Bern.jpg (293 KB, 1608x905) Image search: [Google]
Feel_the_Bern.jpg
293 KB, 1608x905
>>29540622
1. My good old Ruger 10/22. I've been hoarding ammo like a lead dragon, and it is light as fuck.

2. We'd do alright. The North Eastern megacity would be a bitch to capture, let alone hold. Plus, our country is like a bowl. Eventually you'll run into something nigh impassible, be it the Rockies or the Appalachians or the Fudds down south or the winter up north.

3. I'd say by Canada/Mexico in a Sanders v. Trump Civil War. Trump would steamroll Sanders up the coast until he hits the mountains/winter, Sanders would petition for foreign aid, and get it.
>>
Interesting answers.

To those who say their AR15, what about ammo? Let's say you have a couple thousand rounds. How long does it last? That can go real fast in a fire fight. How do you get more if foreign troops, or paniced civilians, have snatched up all the ammunition at local stores? Do you hope to stumble across some American military supplies and raid? Do you use your AR15 as your primary until you can raid foreign soldiers of their gear?
>>
>>29540905
>Red Dawn is like my wet dream btw

It's not a movie. It's a training film.
>>
>>29541358
>>29540905
Lewd!
Can I join you guys when the commies invade?
>>
>>29541340
>a couple thousand rounds
>go fast in a firefight

Know how I know you don't have the slightest idea of what you're discussing?
>>
>>29540728
The reasons behind the original Red Dawn was all of Latin America went communist so the Soviets had a real land route and large proxy armies to back their invasion. It was written like alternate history.

It couldn't happen today because communism in latin America is failing horribly with Brazil being the latest one on the verge of throwing the reds out.
>>
>>29541340
If you are a guerrilla force against a superior enemy and you stay in any one place long enough to expend thousands of rounds in a firefight, you are dead to their air support or reinforcements.
>>
>>29541528
>Brazil being the latest one on the verge of throwing the reds out.
Errr... The riots in Rio are against the Conservatives who are trying to increase investment in Brazilian tourism, you realize. If anything, they are drifting further to the left.
>>
>>29541414

Math is hard for you isn't it?

I said a couple thousand rounds could go fast.

Let's say you use five thirty round magazines in a fight to either kill, raid, or get away to fight another day.

5*30=150

You did this once a week for a month and you've used over a quarter of your ammo reserves.

150*4=600
600/2000=0.3
30%

Does this make sense or do I need to write it down in crayon for your intelligence level?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-forced-to-import-bullets-from-israel-as-troops-use-250000-for-every-rebel-killed-314944.html

Our military that uses 250,000 rounds per kill. It's not hard to see how a couple thousand rounds could dry up quickly.
>>
>>29540905
I like you. Get an upper with a forward assist and dust cover though. The forward assist is not 100% necessary but no dust cover is just dumb on a SHTF AR.
>>
>>29540622

1: SA58 or other FAL pattern rifle
2: Yes, we might not win but we can fight
3: EMP/Bio attack to cause mass chaos before moving in. Probably the ChiComs.
>>
Bushmaster AR15 reporting in
>>
>>29541643
>by a firefight I meant an entire month of operations
>I'm not retarded, you're retarded!
>>
>>29542541
That looks like a kid I knew in jobcorps
>>
I would have picked up the first AS-30 I came across. It might have made a difference in several cases, maybe even the Hinds.

I would want Lea Thompson as my assistant gunner, of course.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.