[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How important is food in battle? For example. what would you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: MREs[1].jpg (2 MB, 3103x1636) Image search: [Google]
MREs[1].jpg
2 MB, 3103x1636
How important is food in battle? For example. what would you change by replacing all the WW2 rations with today's balanced and nutrious rations?
>>
>>29539627
>How important is food in battle
If you're engaged in combat you really shouldn't be trying to eat
>>
>>29540350
>>First level of CoD Modern Warfare 2
>>General/Commander whatsit fires .44 Magnum in general direction of enemy, tells you to shoot at the brown people and casually walks away into bushes leaving map
>>some brown dude you were showing off how to aim down your sights in the previous shooting course level is hunkered down behind cover and eating an MRE sandwich while you just shoot and kill his insurgent neighborinos
>>no clue if this is bullshit or ultimate realism
>>
>>29540807

It's more like the continuation of CoD makers ripping off everything and anything they can, because they have zero originality.

How they haven't been sued yet, I will never know.

>>29539627

Here OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c34s1ntOmZE
>>
>>29540807
>>some brown dude you were showing off how to aim down your sights in the previous shooting course level is hunkered down behind cover and eating an MRE sandwich while you just shoot and kill his insurgent neighborinos

he was eating an MRE power bar you stupid fucking faggot. Those power bars taste like complete fucking shit but they turn you into the incredible bulk
>>
>>29540846

>Shitting on Hooaha bars

Commie piece of shit.
>>
>>29540846
>>Literal autism
>>
It's incredibly important...obviously.

Hydration requires electrolytes. Food provides that.

The body requires energy to keep going, food provides that.

This is all self-explanatory, ofc you need food and supply lines.

More technical questions like 'how much is needed per day?' or 'is variety and flavor able to be sacrificed for more energy and nutrition, or does morale trump that?'
>>
Another question, is using stimulants like amphetamines an efficient way of elongating a soldier's combat effectiveness? It seems like in addition to a basic diet, if your soldiers had some amphetamine tablets they would be a pretty fierce fighting force.

Or would it end up in too much exhaustion afterwards and fuck up decision making?
>>
>>29543047
We already have plenty of experience to show it affects judgement and is not a replacement for actual sleep.
>>
>>29543067
Well there is clinical value to stimulants too, they're not just terrible drugs. They could be very useful in combat, maybe in a drawn out firefight. If a soldier is already sleep deprived and in a shitty spot, then a stimulant would be pretty beneficial to keep you alert and focused.
>>
>>29539627
Have you ever tried fighting on an empty stomach?
>>
>>29539627
An Army runs on it's stomach. The supply chain is more important than the weaponry.
>>
>>29543383
Also yes, a superior-fed Army functions better.
>>
>>29543355
I once tried to play Halo for 4 hours without stopping to order pizza but my KD suffered to greatly.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.