[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SCCY CPX-2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: P1280415-900x601-1.jpg (202 KB, 900x601) Image search: [Google]
P1280415-900x601-1.jpg
202 KB, 900x601
Are these worth a shit as a poorfag CCW? LGS/gunsmith (who won't stock things if he thinks they're trash generally because he doesn't like doing warranty work) had one for $295 and it SEEMS like what I'm looking for in a CCW. I have several full-size handguns but nothing suitable for carrying concealed.

>my hands are hueg and it fills my grip better than most small guns
>good pricepoint for poorfag
>trigger felt pretty smooth dry-firing, DAO though so seems like that might make it hard to hit things
>didn't feel cheap at all
>10+1 capacity

Most other guns I've looked at in that size category/price range either feel like cheap shit or are solid but unpleasant to shoot because of big hands (Makarovs, for instance).

Any experience with these, /k/? Talk me out of or into buying this.
>>
>>29501526
I like them and I like all the pretty colors they come in

>8/10 from me
>>
File: sccy2.jpg (183 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
sccy2.jpg
183 KB, 1080x720
>>29501526
If you intend to buy it and never shoot it, then it may be fine. If you intend to shoot it at all, which you should be doing to become proficient with it, then it is likely to give you problems. Do a bit of homework yourself, but I have read many reports of constant jamming, frames cracking, guiderods breaking, and all other manner of other problems that are characteristic of cheap guns.

For the $200 that they go for online, the SCCY may seem like a good deal, but if you're purely interested in a CCW, you can get a few actually good guns for that price or just a little more; for example, the Ruger LCP sells online for around $200 these days. For almost $300 + tax, I wouldn't touch a SCCY with a ten foot pole. Ruger LC9s Pros sell for only $30 more than that, and Kahr C-series can be found in the exact same price range, sometimes even sub-$300. Both are ten times the gun that the SCCY is, in terms of reliability, durability, and general design. If you want something full size, you can get guns like a Ruger 9E, Canik TP9SF, or Walther PPX for right around the $300 mark, and all three would be good, reliable options for home defense.

The SCCY gets a lot of love among poorfags, but when you actually look at youtube videos of owners shooting their guns, the things are constantly jamming. The only people who truly love them are the ones who never shoot them. Once you shoot them for any amount of time, the love will evaporate and you'll realize that you wasted a lot of money on a piece of junk.
>>
>>29502018
This is what I was looking for. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>29502018
Don't forget the S&W Shield goes for $350 online.
>>
>>29501526
You can a ruger lcp for cheaper than that maybe even the lcp custom.
>>
>>29501526
They're decent but the trigger is absolute shit
>>
>>29501526
A cheap gun might be a good starter gun. That or save money to purchase a trusted name brand gun or Glock.
>>
>>29501526
try the taurus pt111g2/pt140g2. only real downside is you have to use pt145 holsters right now because the industry hasnt made one for them.
>>
>>29501526
I bought one as a carry gun. Have never had a single jam with brass cased but this steel cased shit I bought doesn't feed worth a shit. Although the brand seems to do that with a lot of guns from what I found.
>>
They perform well and can be pretty rugged. Watch stress test videos on YouTube, it's pretty impressive. The main issue I've seen (I work at a gun shop) is when reassembling it, you have to half it in a certain position or else it jams the duck up and you have to send it in to the factory to fix it. I've ruined 2 display while shoeing customers the breakdown process.
>>
>>29502153
Wow so many typos. Sorry bout that. You get the idea. Get a pt111 g2. That's the BEST compact budget gun
>>
>>29501526
The Bersa BP9CC is another good alternative for a poorfag CC gun
>>
>>29502166
>Taurus
Ew
The only good Taurus semi is the 709
>>
>>29502153
>The main issue I've seen (I work at a gun shop) is when reassembling it, you have to half it in a certain position or else it jams the duck up and you have to send it in to the factory to fix it.
No, I think you're just retarded.
>anon can't put together literally five simple pieces
>>
>>29502153
Which youtube stress test are you referring to?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADIBEwfTE5c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-fjElh7YNg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzYm_CqMZG8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Otbotl6O68
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdNCbMHOEKs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLm_ZTvVqs4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2afYZ5YvOQ
>>
>>29502194
the g2 line of the pt1xx series uses a similar DA/SA but with 50% more capacity.
>>
>>29502194
>he doesn't know about the PT92/PT99
Their only downfall is not using the same mags as the Beretta.
>>
>>29502018
EYY THERE LAD. THATS ME IN THAT PIC THAT YOU'RE POSTIN IN THAT THAT PIC YOU'RE POSTIN THERE WITH THAT POST. SHITTIEST GUN I EVER BOUGHT. BROKE ON THE DAY I BOUGHT IT. TOOK IT BACK TO THE GUNSHOW, GOT MY FUCKING MONEY BACK, AND BOUGHT A LC9. FUCK SCCY
>>
>>29502237
>>29502194
Stop trying to confuse the OP. There are no good Taurus handguns.
>>
>>29502239
I never said it was me...
>>
>>29502251
IM NOT MAD JUST EXCITABLE DESU
>>
>>29502241
well, looks like the autistic meme troll has arrived. time for it to shit up another thread spouting its typical bullshit.
>>
>>29502277
Go cry somewhere else. Taurus makes shitty products. Everyone who has ever owned one knows this. No, there are not one or two models that are good. No, the company has not recently got their shit together. And no, I don't believe that you've never had a problem with yours. If you tell me that you have never had a problem with your Taurus, I'm going to call you delusional or else someone who never shoots your guns, at best, and a liar, at worst. Deal with it!
>>
>>29502237
Oh I am well aware, it's just not fair to beretta to mention those in the same breath As the TaurusTM original designs... Like the curve...
>>29502220
Don't those go off when you shake them? There was some recall pretty recently for that reason
>>
>>29502305
ive owned 3. one had a problem once. my pt145 exploded due to the recalled federal red box ammo. taurus rebuilt the fucking thing and sent it back. it rode with me for years and i never had another issue. your just a whiny little baby back bitch going on and on about shit you hear on a fucking image board because your mommys basement doesnt have a range so what the fuck would you know about shooting?

>>29502329
that was the early 24/7's. supposedly you can do it with the early pt1xx's but i never had mine do it.
>>
File: lenny and carl see you.jpg (47 KB, 655x560) Image search: [Google]
lenny and carl see you.jpg
47 KB, 655x560
>>29502372
>my pt145 exploded
>your just a whiny little baby back bitch, tho!!!!!!!!

I couldn't make this shit up. Fucking classic.

Thank you for proving me 100% right.
>>
>>29502410
http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2011/2/9/federal-and-american-eagle-45-auto-safety-warning/

learn basement dwelling hamplanet, learn.
>>
>>29502431
So Taurus' can't handle +P ammo and will blow up when using it. That really inspires confidence in the brand.
>>
>>29502449
wow you are literally too stupid to insult. i thought i could have something but theres really nothing you can say to the mentally incompetent. does your wrangler know your on the internet without them?
>>
>>29502540
Nice projecting.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.