[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HK P30L with LEM trigger.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 13
File: overall1.jpg (197 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
overall1.jpg
197 KB, 800x533
Can't decide /k/, help me.

Worth it? Gorgeous gun but don't have anywhere that rents them. Any of you own one?

For HD/SHTF. Also looking at M&P, maybe Glock 17.
>>
File: 20131105_191615 - Copy.jpg (675 KB, 2692x2224) Image search: [Google]
20131105_191615 - Copy.jpg
675 KB, 2692x2224
>>29449733

You can't go wrong with a Glock 17, except that you could have gotten a Glock 19 instead.

I don't know much about the P30L but they have a great resale value that exceeds the price of a NIB Glock, so I'd just buy that, and if you don't like it, you can sell it and get a Glock 19 instead.

Yes, I'm aware you said Glock 17. You want a Glock 19, you just don't know it yet. Unless you're Canadian, in which case, sorry.
>>
I've got one. Its a great gun but it takes some getting used to the LEM trigger.

Honestly if you're not willing to put the effort and money into shooting it enough to familiarize yourself with it then just get a VP9, or a USP with a nice DA/SA trigger. The P30's DA/SA isn't as good as the USP's.
>>
>>29449733
I'd go with the regular P30 over the L, but I've never been big on long slides.
I'd also go with a VP9 over either to be honest. And while the LEM trigger is nice, it's also kind of weird and it's definitely a trigger that takes time and practice to get used to and maintain a skill level with, keep that in mind as you can find a lot of information about it online.

I've owned an M&P and a Glock, I'd say stick with Glock and go with a 19, but the 17 is fine too if you need a full size for whatever reason.
>>
Can't go wrong with any of the 3 so you'll have to factor in price of the gun, price of accessories/spare mags and parts, ergonomics and trigger feel.

You should handle and dryfire them at a gunshop because right away you'll feel and know the difference between the hammer-fired HK and the 2 striker fired pistols.
>>
Any HK will be a better choice than a Smith and Wesson or a Glock. I've owned P30's, but now only own USP Compacts. I might buy a P30 or a P2000 again in the future, but really prefer the USP Compact right now for the way it fits my hand and the overall size (nice size for concealed-carry, unlike the P30). With the P30, the handle is somewhat fat. It will adapt to a lot of people's hands, but it works better in large hands.

The P30L is a pretty large handgun, and I would say that it's too large for carry. There is a reason the standard P30 has a sub-4" barrel. It makes it easier to sit down while carrying the gun at a normal ride height. The P30 total height is also somewhat tall for concealed-carry. Don't overlook the P2000 or USPc.

I recommend the LEM, either light LEM or standard. It doesn't take any getting used to. It's just a precocked DAO with a surprisingly short pull and short reset. 2 of my 3 USPc's are set up for LEM.
>>
>>29452126

>>29449835 here

I used to carry my old V3 P30, and even that was a pain to carry. Not because of the size, but because of the harsh grip texture on the skin when carrying. The standard P30 is a little bigger than a Glock 19 but smaller than a Glock 17, and it's wider than the 19. The grip texture feels absolutely great in the hand, but it's just on the skin when holstered that really gets irritating. It wasn't necessarily hard to carry, just uncomfortable without an undershirt between the gun and your skin (and even then it tears holes in the undershirt).

The P30L has the exact same dimensions minus about a half inch longer slide and a slightly different slide release. If you ignore the grip and can comfortably carry the P30, then you will 100% be able to comfortably carry the P30L as the length of the slide doesn't really make much of a difference. The only reason why the P30L exists is because the Norwegian police specifically requested a P30 with a longer slide for them to adopt into service.

If you're buying it specifically for carry, I'd advise against it. If you want an HK for carry I'd suggest the P2000sk for a subcompact over the P30sk simply because it's a little thinner, and for a compact sized HK Id suggest either a USP compact or P2000, depending on which you prefer.

If you don't plan on carrying then the P30/P30L is a fantastic full sized hammer fired gun. I wouldn't say it's better than a normal old USP, but it's still fantastic and I've loved the three P30s I've owned over the years.
>>
>>29449733
It's like an slightly less-attractive sister of the Grach, but without the annoying reliability.
>>
File: xp31vs.jpg (302 KB, 1132x1600) Image search: [Google]
xp31vs.jpg
302 KB, 1132x1600
>>29449733
Get the Glock. Literally everyone who actually has to use a handgun in the line of duty carries a Glock. Everyone who knows guns carries a Glock. Everyone in the gun world you love and everyone in the gun world you hate carries a Glock. Pat McNamara, Paul Howe, Travis Hailey, Ian McCollum, Clint Smith, Gabe Suarez, Transman, Sonny Puzikas, Larry Snickers, UK Royal Marines, US Army Rangers, SFOD-D, USMC Recon, USN SEALs, French Special Forces...shit most Special Forces units in the world. The majority of US police officers carry Glocks. Etc., etc., etc.

Or you can have a gun liked by some faggots on /k/ (most of /k/ owns a Glock, too).

Also, listen to this guy >>29449823

Once you own and know a Glock, then expand your collection. It's not pretty, it's not "superkewl", it's not rare, but it fucking works when you need it to and is more likely to do so than any other pistol made.
>>
>>29453107
>as the length of the slide doesn't really make much of a difference.
That's my point. The length of the slide makes a lot of difference in many situations. Ever try to sit in a narrow car seat while cc'ing a longslide handgun in your pants? It's even worse for open carry, unless your holster carries the gun extremely high on your waist.
>>
>>29453795
Polish GROM also carries Glock.

All the Scandinavian special forces do too, I think.
>>
File: xxx-fbiguns-hdb2198-4_3.jpg (24 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
xxx-fbiguns-hdb2198-4_3.jpg
24 KB, 534x401
>>29453795
The FBI issues Glocks.
>>
>>29453795
>Drive a FORD. I drive a FORD, my dad drives a FORD, my granddaddy drived a FORD, and I'm pretty sure if FORD made a carriage, my great granddaddy woulda drived one too. FORD.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (110 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
110 KB, 1920x1080
>>29453795
Gunny likes the Glock
>>
>>29453795

SEALs don't carry glocks.
>>
>>29453795
...NYPD, US Border Patrol, GSG-9...

GSG-9 actually tossed HK for Glock, lol.
>>
Don't get the LEM model it's fairly gimmicky. Never shot only dry fired but it seemed sub-par and very creep-y
>>
>>29453976
lol yah they do silly
>>
>>29453995

Post evidence.
>>
>>29453943
Your logic would apply if Chevies, Toyotas, Dodges, etc., were all copying Ford and yet continued to be demonstrably inferior to Ford. Since they're not, your analogy doesn't work here.
>>
>>29454000
http://loadoutroom.com/17950/naval-special-warfare-selects-the-glock-19/
>>
>>29454055

>source: a single post on m4carbine.net
lol
>>
>>29453991
I own both types and you're full of shit. The reason the LEM trigger is so neat is because the characteristics of the break and the reset are practically identical to the single action pull of the DA/SA version of that gun. The only differences are the initial take-up length and the weight of the break, but the latter can be adjusted with different springs. An LEM with match springs will break right at 4.5 pounds.

I currently own two LEM and one DA/SA USP Compact, and all of them have a little bit of creep in their breaks, but the point is that the single action break of the DA/SA feels identical, aside from the weight, to the LEM triggers, simply because I haven't changed out the springs. I've never met an HK that didn't have a little bit of creep in the break, though. In the past, I have owned two P30's with DA/SA trigger, and a P30SK with Light LEM trigger, and what I'm saying applied to all of them. Get over yourself.
>>
File: img_7906.jpg (354 KB, 1138x1138) Image search: [Google]
img_7906.jpg
354 KB, 1138x1138
>>29453976
>>29454000
Does DEVGRU count?
>>
>>29454143

Is there any proof of who he is?
I reverse image searched that image and didn't see anything related to DEVGRU
>>
File: 20160321_174036.jpg (4 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160321_174036.jpg
4 MB, 3984x2988
>>29449733
I was going to get the LEM trigger. Decided to go with the V3 instead. The LEM is a good concept but I never got to handle one so I just went with what I was used to.
>>
>>29453107
I open carry mine every day. Can only really conceal it with a jacket.
>>
>>29454081
>you don't agree with me
>GET OVER YOURSELF
Such projection anon
>>
>>29449733

Don't know about the p30 or the LEM trigger, but I do have an HK p2000 da/sa. If you have your heart set on the p30 then by all means get it, but if you're expecting something grand and much better than a Glock or other $500 pistol, the HK won't have it. It's a just another gun. The grip is a grip, the trigger is a trigger, and the sights are sights. Best I can say is I've never had a failure with my HK, but I've never had one with my Glock or CZ either. Your call.
>>
>>29454143
Well, the flora, mud walls and topography is Afghanistan, and he's got a Red Team patch, and he's a fucking white dude dressed like a SEAL in the middle of Afghanistan, so he's not a cosplayer....
>>
>>29454366
>be an ignorant twat
>get called an ignorant twat
>can't deal with it, spout passive-aggressive buzzwords like "projecting"
You're an arrogant ass.
>>
>>29453991
>I've never shot it but believe me, it's shit

>>29454081
How do you like the DA/SA on the USP compared to the DA/SA on the P30? One of these days I'll pick up a USP but I don't know if I want to stick with what I prefer and know with my P30s (LEM) or get a match DA/SA USP for dat sweet single action trigger

>>29453820
If it wasn't for the grip texture I'd have no problems carrying my P30L the same way I carried my old P30, which was IWB at around 4:00.

But, all that said, even if it had a perfect grip texture the normal old P30 was a little too big for me to comfortably carry IWB which is why I sold the P30 and bought a P30L. It felt like a chore to carry it instead of being something I actually wanted to carry. Glock 19 size is the biggest I can comfortably CC, and the P30 was just over the edge of being comfortable. I'd even prefer a USP compact to the P30 if I had to carry one.
>>
>>29454552
The USPs are heavy, the P30 is lighter than the USPc. The only real difference that makes the P30 harder to carry is overall height.
>>
>>29454552
>>29454697
I should add if you want a CCW gun, get the P2000 series, they are the best for it.
>>
File: what are you insinuating.png (535 KB, 484x544) Image search: [Google]
what are you insinuating.png
535 KB, 484x544
>>29454198
>>29454072
>>29454000

Good to know H&K is hiring vatniks to run interference on /k/
>>
File: image.jpg (748 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
748 KB, 3264x2448
>>29454503
>buzzword
>>
>>29454697
>The USPs are heavy, the P30 is lighter than the USPc.
The USPc is literally one ounce heavier than the P30.
>The only real difference that makes the P30 harder to carry is overall height.
Height is an important dimension. The USPc is a compact pistol. The P30 is not.

>>29454708
P2000 has a smoother sided grip and is significantly lighter. It was designed to be easier to carry than the USPc, and it does the job well. It's also about $300 less expensive, a major advantage.
>>
>>29454552
>How do you like the DA/SA on the USP compared to the DA/SA on the P30? One of these days I'll pick up a USP but I don't know if I want to stick with what I prefer and know with my P30s (LEM) or get a match DA/SA USP for dat sweet single action trigger
All the triggers are about the same across all the H&K pistols, but I give the edge to the USP system. The DA pull is a little more evenly weighted, and the reset distance is significantly shorter than the P30. Otherwise, they are very similar, until you get into swapping in "elite/expert" parts and springs.
>>
>>29454759
You're only proving me right.
>>
>>29454768
>The USPc is literally one ounce heavier than the P30.

An ounce is something you could feel, the more important part though is that you will have more ammo and better sight radius. for a lighter gun that is only really taller than the USPc.
>>
>>29453976
>>29454000
>>29454072

http://www.bluesheepdog.com/2016/01/06/glocks-n-seals/

http://www.gunnuts.net/2015/12/10/naval-special-warfare-to-adopt-glock-19/

http://www.defensereview.com/u-s-naval-special-warfare-nsw-adopts-glock-19-g19-for-u-s-navy-seal-assaultersoperators-drs-thoughts/

http://loadoutroom.com/17950/naval-special-warfare-selects-the-glock-19/

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/12/23/nsw-glock-19/

http://www.realcleardefense.com/2015/12/23/naval_special_warfare_adopts_the_glock_19_277373.html

Is 4chan your only source of information? Do you know how to use Google? I don't even like Glocks but you have to have been living under a rock to not know about this.
>>
>>29454823

Every single link only has 1 source.

A single post on m4carbine.net

This is why internet gun blogs are fucking cancer.
>>
>>29454794
I said I didn't like the trigger because of the creep, i.e travel. You sperged the fuck out and thought I was talking about trigger pull weight. I bought an HK45 V1 SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE I like the not LEM trigger way better. Sorry I don't agree with you, faggot.

Also who said the USP DA/SA is better than the P30? It's nearly identical?
>>
>>29454708
My CC gun is a Walther PPS, and yeah one of these days as a compact carry option I want to pick up a V2 P2000 and swap out the springs to lighten the pull. The USP compact definitely has the HK carry cool factor to it. A P2000sk would be neat but compared to the PPS I already have it's twice as thick for only an extra two rounds. The P2000 would be great for something to carry when I can get away with more than a subcompact, and with the lightened V2 trigger it'll be very much like the LEM P30s I'm already very used to.

If I didn't already have the PPS Id love a P2000sk simply for the same trigger across all sizes of pistols, but dropping ~$600-~$800 on something to replace what I already have and already like isn't something that Id want to be blowing money on.
>>
>>29454820
>An ounce is something you could feel
Unless your belt is made of soft fashion leather, no, it's not.
> the more important part though is that you will have more ammo and better sight radius. for a lighter gun that is only really taller than the USPc.
Have you ever handled a USP Compact? It's a thin, aerodynamic gun. The 9mm P30 is approximately the width of the fatter 10mm and .45 caliber Glocks. I keep saying this, but it's not really sinking in for you. The USPc is a compact carry gun. The P30 is much larger, and more difficult to conceal.
>sight radius
The regular sized P30 doesn't have a significantly longer sight radius than the USPc. HK's website says the slide is a full 1/3" longer. Big fucking deal. It's a carry gun, not a target pistol.
>2 more rounds of ammo
Again, it's a much taller, harder to conceal pistol. Increased capacity is a given.
>>
>>29454884
All of the USPs are the same thickness. I know this because I have a 40 and a 45. The grip on the USPc is very thin and short though, which helps a lot with concealment.
>>
>>29454884
>>29454898
Also the taper on the P30 will help with concealment.
>>
>>29454865
>because of the creep, i.e travel.
Oh! I see where the problem has come from. You don't actually understand what the word "creep" means, and think it applies to the entire movement of the trigger from the front of the travel to the rear of its travel.

>You sperged the fuck out and thought I was talking about trigger pull weight.
Classy. No, I didn't "sperge out" about anything. I mentioned other aspects of the trigger pull because I was trying to understand and address the thought process of a person who finds differences where there aren't any.

First of all, "creep" doesn't mean what you think it means, but given what it does mean, and given that the creep characteristic of the DA/SA trigger does not vary from the LEM trigger, I had two options in polite conversation. I could either call you a dumb idiot who is in a conversation above his head, using gun terminology that he doesn't undertand, and generally acting like an arrogant ass when no one cares about his opinion. Or I could, as I chose to do, explain the real situation to you, politely suggesting how you are wrong, and let you pick up clues and rectify your ignorance on your own. I was clearly wrong for choosing to do the latter.

>Also who said the USP DA/SA is better than the P30?
Reading comprehension, you dumb nigger. I brought those guns up because that's what I own now. Point to where I said one is better than the other.
>It's nearly identical?
Is that a question or a statement? Freak.
>>
>>29454898
>All of the USPs are the same thickness.
Nope. The USP Compact was specifically designed to be thinner than the full size USP, hence why full size polymer magazines aren't backwards compatible.

>>29454909
Height is height and width is width. The P30 is a thick gun.
>>
>>29454973
>Nope. The USP Compact was specifically designed to be thinner than the full size USP

I have held and shot one, and the only thing that is thinner is the grip, the slide is still as thick as the other USPs.

>The P30 is a thick gun.

The slide thickness is the same shit.
>>
>>29455026
Do you carry concealed?
>>
Simple question... met with crickets. Interesting.
>>
>>29455041
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>29455139
I think your silence speaks volumes.

>Why would the thickness of the grip ever matter, though?????
Lol, you are a squid if you don't understand why the grip thickness matters more than slide thickness.
>>
>>29455167
>Why would the thickness of the grip ever matter, though?????

I literally never said that. I agree that the smaller grip is the thing that matters the most. Though many people still can't fit that giant slide in their pants.

I like how you have completely gone off topic to go on about grip size. I was talking about thickness, and told you the USPs are the same thickness across the whole line, but here just so everyone else can see I am right I'll post this.

http://hk-usa.com/comparison-result/?models=181,189,190,187

Holy shit, whats that? The USPc is the thickest?

>B..bb..but they made it thinner than the others thats why it has less capacity. Didn't you see the magazines before?
>>
>>29455206
>I literally never said that.
You strongly implied that grip thickness was the least important dimension.
>>29455026
>and the only thing that is thinner is the grip, the slide is still as thick as the other USPs.
>The slide thickness is the same shit.

> I agree that the smaller grip is the thing that matters the most.
No, you don't. You are doing damage control now that I've called you out.

>The USPc is the thickest?
No, it's not. I've compared them side by side. The dimensions on HK's website are either wrong, or they measure the width of the slide stop as being the widest point.

Yeah, you're a dumbass alright.
>>
>>29455236
>You strongly implied that grip thickness was the least important dimension.

No I didn't, I just strongly implied that your point about the USPc being thinner than other USPs was utter horseshit, and now you're trying to change the subject.

>No, you don't. You are doing damage control now that I've called you out.

You didn't call me out on anything, you just falsely accused me of something because you went to check the specs and found that you were wrong on what we were originally arguing about.

>No, it's not. I've compared them side by side. The dimensions on HK's website are either wrong, or they measure the width of the slide stop as being the widest point.

Holy fuck you are dumb. I posted a source from the people who make the guns, and you still think you are right. Your eyeballs don't out match engineering instrumentation you pathetic fuck.

Face it you are wrong, and can't prove you are right, so you have to just make shit up.
>>
>>29455266
Pretty sure I'm arguing with a noguns right now. Just fuck off back to /b/, kid.
>>
>>29453976
Son of a Navy SEAL,
SEALs use whatever the fuck they want within certain parameters.
Glock is used very VERY sparsely in the teams, most go with a sig or H&K.
They're allowed to use 9mm .40 and .45 acp in regards to personal sidearm ammunition.
>>
File: I am not a poorfag..jpg (3 MB, 2432x4320) Image search: [Google]
I am not a poorfag..jpg
3 MB, 2432x4320
>>29455310
Nope.

Just face it you are wrong, and the internet says I am right.
>>
>>29455395
Cool, I have a bunch of gun timestamps from last year too
>>
>>29455124
Aside from the bickering there are quite a few posts answering your questions and a couple people claiming to own exactly what you're asking about. How is that crickets?
>>
>>29455395
I bet you never thought that the person who actually took that picture would be in the thread, reading your bullshit.
>>
>>29453795
I like guns with manual safeties( non slide mounted) That makes me in the TINY ASS majority that wants that.

So no glocks for me

Hell is there any striker fired gun with a manual safety?
>>
>>29455433
>answering your questions
You seem confused. Look one post up from that post.
>>
>>29455451
Ah, I though you were referring to the OP's questions
>>
File: TLR adapted for USP.jpg (3 MB, 2432x4320) Image search: [Google]
TLR adapted for USP.jpg
3 MB, 2432x4320
>>29455437
Those are my actual guns, so really you are the one lying.
>>
File: USP40.jpg (3 MB, 4320x2432) Image search: [Google]
USP40.jpg
3 MB, 4320x2432
>>29455437
>>
>>29455448
Ruger SR series

If you can get past the Ruger-tier safety shit (mag disconnect, LOADED WHEN UP, etc) they're great guns for the price.
>>
File: E-cig for scale.jpg (3 MB, 4320x2432) Image search: [Google]
E-cig for scale.jpg
3 MB, 4320x2432
>>29455482
>>29455492
>>29455437
>>
>>29455511
>E-cig
I'm not even part of this argument but you just outed yourself as a faggot
>>
>>29455525
>just outed
You mean "confirmed for the 12th time in the thread"
>>
Since we're talking somewhat about the P30 does anyone have the non-blurry version of the magazine compatibility list?
>>
>>29455595
P30s can only use P30/VP9 mags

P2000s have shorter grips and can use P30 mags but they won't be flush.

I believe the USP9c can use P30 mags but like the P2000 they won't be flush, but I'm not sure about this one being true or not.
>>
>>29449733
the choice is simple, you're poor? get a fucking glock. you're not poor and you want reliability at its finest? get the HK.
>>
>>29455651
Thanks
>>
>>29455721
NP m8

The VP9 being popular made P30 mags more abundant on the used market which is pretty cool. I've picked up about a dozen used P30/VP9 mags locally for at most $30 a piece and as little as $20 a piece. These deals never popped before the VP9 was released.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.