[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I buy a gun? I've never bought a gun before, all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1455120085546.jpg (59 KB, 940x420) Image search: [Google]
1455120085546.jpg
59 KB, 940x420
How do I buy a gun? I've never bought a gun before, all the guns I own I've inherited. So how do I go about buying one?
How does buying guns online work? What are some good websites to purchase from?
>>
>>29424243
>So how do I go about buying one?

it's exactly the same as buying anything else except that you fill out some paperwork

depending on where you live there may be some other restrictions involved such as a waiting period

>How does buying guns online work? What are some good websites to purchase from?

it's exactly like buying something from amazon, except that they ship the gun to an FFL (a gun store, in other words), where you then pick it up. this is something you talk to the FFL about first, and they might charge you a small fee for this.
>>
>>29424243
>>29424274

you can also just walk into any gun store and be like "yo I want to buy a gun, how do?"

I guarantee that they will assist you with this process.
>>
I'm assuming you're in the US because loleuropeangunlaws.

You'll have to fill out a form. This will be involved in the background check process to make sure you're legally able to purchase firearms.

Should you live on a communist hellhole state, you will have to go through a lot more hoops and may not be able to buy the gun immediately (and will most likely be put in a state registry). The point of this is the people in charge of those states want to know who's most likely to shoot them for being tyrants. So if you live in one of these states, agitate hard for your rights.

You'll need to look up your state's laws. Other than the background check, you just pay for the weapon right there. Some stores may have a layaway system, so look into that.

Online you pay the seller but you have the firearm shipped to a local FFL (Federal Firearms License) holder. You'll likely have to pay for a transfer fee. You'll also have to do the above-mentioned paperwork and background check like you would if you were to buy the firearm from the shop.
>>
>>29424358
Sadly I live in California
>>
>>29424420
>I live in California

Move.
>>
>>29424427
Working on it. It's what I'm going to try and do after I get out if college.
>>
>>29424281
This but be polite
>Hello sir, I would like one gun please
>>
>>29424822
>Exsqueeze me my good shopkeep, have you perchance any arms of fire for sale this morn?
>*rapidly tips fedora*
>>
To order a gun online would be the same way you order from ebay or amazon.add to cat select payment information and go!
>>
>>29424420
>>29424446

I'd suggest waiting then and buying once you move. However, make sure you get a new license for your new state before you buy. A lot of vendors in states outside of Cali won't sell to people with Cali licenses.
>>
>>29424982

Not OP, but in regards to ordering online, can someone order me a gun online as a gift? As long as I'm the one signing the paperwork and picking it up at the FFL?

Say someone wants to get someone a lower receiver for an AR as a birthday gift from an online shop. When I order it from the website do I, as the person who placed the order, have to be the one to pick it up or does the person it will be gifted to have to pick it up?

Ohio resident btw.
>>
I've had good experiences with buds guns, PSA, Radical Firearms, and slickguns as far as online shopping goes.
>>
>>29425850

How long does it usually take for PSA to ship? I've heard they take a while.
>>
>>29425876
I've waited no longer than 6 weeks for PSA lowers to reach my local ffl(OR) They stay busy with those prices. It's not too bad though. Buds guns has been the fastest at a week in my personal experience.
>>
>>29424243
I think you need, like, money or something, man.
>>
>>29424243
go down cypress hill and ask for charles deet. say you want caps, have cash.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.