[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Palmetto State Armory any good? They're running some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 7781383.jpg (14 KB, 370x370) Image search: [Google]
7781383.jpg
14 KB, 370x370
Is Palmetto State Armory any good? They're running some pretty killer Easter deals. I'm thinking about getting this.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-m4-5-56-nato-1-7-melonite-13-5-lightweight-moe-freedom-rifle-kit.html
>>
>>29416176
No, they're pretty shit. Just ask /arg/.
>>
Are you going to be doing super ultra ninja operations at night and innasandbox while keeping Murica safe? Then no its not good.

Are you going to be like the rest of /k/ and just buy the rifle to plink with once or twice a month and have in pictures when you shitpost? Its perfect.

In all honesty they make good products at great prices. Its just that you have to wait forever to get them. Buy it and wait OP.
>>
psa is cheap and meet bare minimum standards

as for that specific deal not really you are paying for fancy furniture and the rail
the barrel is a no name 1/7 twist melonited carbine gas
the bcg group included is generic mystery meat
psa sells better quality bolts that are hp/mpi tested
however if the description doesnt state it its not those parts

some stupidass mothefuckers think everything from psa is gold as long as its not ptac while others think everything they sell is shit. the fact is they sell a variety of products and you really need to read the damn descriptions
>>
>>29416176
Put Vietnam A1 furniture on it u fag.
>>
>>29416176

I've bought 3 lowers from them. Haven't tried their uppers. The lowers are a great deal for what they are. A blem will work just fine. Buy your BCG and trigger (stock trigger actually not bad) aftermarket. vid related:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAtZ3LuxVG0
>>
>>29416285
The BCG honestly doesn't concern me, since I have a BCM bolt carrier lying around I can use.
>>
>>29416390
how do you have a BCM BCG laying around and are asking about PSA?
usually people would go PSA to BCM in order of AR progression and not the other way around
>>
>>29416413
Thanksgiving deal a few years ago. My current rifle is a DPMS, which had an improperly staked gas key, replaced it with the Bravo company. If the BCG in the PSA isn't that good I can just swap them.
>>
>>29416390
well the barrels the worst out of the psa branded barrel but for the price what do you expect

it goes ptac, psa melonite, psa freedom=stainless, psa premium, psa fn chf

the only one of those thats considerd good is the chf

premium is a standard chromelined barrel but soulds better. its the same as every other budget chromelined barrel as other manufacturers.
>>
>>29416449
it's not that good a kit so unless you really need it now just pass on it

hell just buy a LPK and stock kit somewhere, BCM charging handle (which you were probably going to buy anyway), and any upper

what really sucks is that back in 2013 you could have gotten a CHF mid 16" kit for $550 but now that the oem that makes all of the melonite barrels is around they barely get anything made by FN
>>
>>29416176
I bought some D&H mags form them some time back and they are pretty good, even came with magpul followers.

I recently bought the 300 blackout upper, BCG and charging handle. Was a little disappointed on how stiff the bolt was going into the carrier it felt a little gritty. After a lot of lube and 100 rounds pumped through it things got better.
>>
File: 20160323_174551.jpg (941 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160323_174551.jpg
941 KB, 2560x1536
>>29416797
I got my PSA CHF kit for $580 last Christmas. It came with their nickle-boron full auto bolt and carrier group and nickle boron enhanced trigger group.

I used a Crusader lower I had laying around, dropped in a Geissele SSA-Enhanced trigger, and picked up an Ergo F93 Pro stock.
By next Christmas I plan on mounting an ACOG, green chevron, swapping the upper for the Spikes CHF equivalent and giving my gf the PSA upper to complete her PSA lower build.
>>
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-mid-length-5-56-1-7-premium-rifle-kit.html

this is the best deal PSA has. The FN contract barrel alone retails for about $300.
>>
>>29416176
A good barrel and BCG are all that matter. You can guarantee a good barrel by picking a kit that uses a barrel sourced from FN or wilson combat.

A lot of their uppers come sans BCG and CH. Great time to go get a nice NiB BCG and a 2operator4me charging handle. any brand works, really. I have their PSA brand NiB BCG in my build and I'm quite happy with it. Completed about five months ago and put a little over 1k rounds through it, 1k of the shittiest nastiest steelcase because I'm a sadist to my guns. and I haven't had a single malf.

If a gun can't reliably use shit ammo, I tinker with it. if no success, I sell it. I'm picky I suppose.
>>
Posting here because it's not worth another thread. What about radical firearms?
>>
>>29417425

They are g2g. handguards can be heavy though
>>
>>29417425
Go to AR15.com. There was a big thread about how much they've fucked up. I think they made it right with the customers later.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.