[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Colorado Magazine Ban - Can I buy High Capacity Pistols
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (16 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
16 KB, 275x183
Just moved to Colorado two weeks ago. Earlier this week I tried to order some 30 round magazines for my AR and during checkout I was informed that sale to Colorado was prohibited. GASP... There's a fucking 15 round magazine limit here.

Fast forward a few days and I'm in a local gun store. Guess what? They're selling 30, 40, hell even 60+ round magazines. But wait... despite being fully assembled and ready to go they're not technically "magazines" they're "magazine rebuild kits".

What the fuck Colorado?! It appears the magazine limit ban of 2013 is just a fucking farce. Nobody cares, not even law enforcement. But because the law exists on paper I can't order high-capacity magazines online. Not only that - I'm now worried I wont be able to buy pistols that hold a 17 round magazine. Are there any Coloradans out there that can shed some light on this topic?
>>
>>29404249
Laws are stupid, more at 11.

You can probably buy the gun you want, just look for it being sold with 10 or 15 round magazines instead of the full sized.
>>
>>29404328
Roger that, anon.

The thing that gets me is I know some states are actually very strict about that shit. My buddy in Massachusetts says they'd jail your ass on the spot if they caught you with a pre-94 30 round magazine. It's just frustrating how the 15 round limit is law here yet licensed gun stores openly defy the regulation using the term "magazine rebuild kit" to skirt the gray area law. Hopefully they overturn that shit soon but with the amount of liberals flooding into this state I'm not too sure that will happen.
>>
>>29404848
Meant to say post-94 30 round magazine. This goes for any magazine above 10 rounds in that faggy state.
>>
File: ColoradoCantHave30RoundMags.jpg (1 MB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
ColoradoCantHave30RoundMags.jpg
1 MB, 3888x2592
>Are there any Coloradans out there that can shed some light on this topic?
You can have a gun with any capacity you want. 15 round magazine cap is for mags you didnt own before July 1 2013.

But surprise literally nobody cares.
>>
>>29404249

>order a 30 round clipazine
>have the delivery address a fed ex or post office store on the state line
>disassemble magazine at the post office or fed ex store
>bring it home
>assemble it there
>if the state asks tell them it's a kit
>???
>>
>>29404965
Just buy kits like a good cuckhold.

Or if you really can't be arsed send it to a legal state and then reroute it with the tracking number.
>>
>>29405034
>>29404965
Is this actually possible?

I guess it's not a huge deal. I can buy a decent mag kit for $13/piece in store compared to $8/peice shipped online. Still better than some states have it I suppose.
>>
>>29405123

Lucky me I actually don't mind the aesthetics of 10-20 round ar magazines

As long as a 30 isn't pinned, that's cuckoldry to the max
>>
>>29405123
My friend risked his freedom by ordering an antique shotgun to his brother in Pennsylvania and then rerouted it to his apartment in NYC. Retarded and possible and very low risk of detection but it is all or nothing in more ways than one.
>>
The only law enforcement agencies here in the big CO that enforce any of that bullshit are denver pd and boulder pd. *surprise it's the liberal cities* every other department in colorado said they were unconstitutional and they would not up hold that law
>>
>>29405221
I assume it would be the state police enforcing this.
>>
>>29405174
I didn't take a close enough look to determine it. There were plenty of Magpuls and so on in their factory sealed shrink wrap. I'm assuming they're not pinned but they very well could be.

>>29405189
Yeah, I'd say that's pretty dumb. I'd never risk doing that with a firearm of any sort.

>>29405221
That's what I've been reading online. Pretty much no sheriffs care except those in the Boulder/Denver area. Both hippy dippy regions of course.
>>
>>29404903
How would they even know if you owned the magazines before a certain date? Couldn't you just go to a neighboring state, buy a bunch of magazines, and bring them back? Anyone asks you just tell them you stocked up on them after the great ammo shortage of 2012.
>>
>>29405616
>How would they even know if you owned the magazines before a certain date? Couldn't you just go to a neighboring state, buy a bunch of magazines, and bring them back? Anyone asks you just tell them you stocked up on them after the great ammo shortage of 2012.
Thats the point and exactly why no sheriffs want to enforce it
>>
>>29405345
>Boulder/Denver area

Literally the cancer ruining that great state.
>>
>>29406308
Yup
>>
>>29406308
Preach.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.